When Do Hunger Pains and Weakness Go Away on 16/8 Intermittent Fasting?

ucimigrate

Veteran member
Hi Everyone,

I am doing the 16/8 IF.

However, even after 5 days, the hunger is intense.

Even trying to move groceries and a big water bottle last night, I could barely have the strength to do it. I felt very fatigued, irritable, tense, and almost depressed and anxious. I was very hungry and want to simply break down and eat.

1. Leangains.com says it will go away within a few days.

2. Is there any actual science in it?

I know people say ghrelin has something to do with it.

3. If it is still a problem, at the end of this weekend, after seven days, I will give up and simply do a 6 meal of protein + carb program.


Is there any reason against this?

If this was Ketosis, people would say to stick with it for 14 days.
 
Took me about 5-6 days, but I never had anything like you describe related to being so weak, depressed, and anxious. I just get irritable.
 
It really all depends on your eating habits. If you always eat around the clock it might take longer.
 
Okay. I can give it at least a full week.

Tonight, after my feeding ended at 6pm, I felt less irritable.

But, every word I read makes me think of food. Mentally, I am less cogent.
 
Thanks. I gave it one full week.

I was so miserable and had reports to do. I started eating typically again.

I guess just no structured diet works well for me. Just try to eliminate calories by watching food choices, using leaner meats, more steamed vegetables, etc.
 
Back
Top