What's Your Toughts On Kratom?

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Your experience, benefits and sides. Online is a bit confusing on that particular plant, I would really like to take it not ed,maybe just twice ew pre workout.

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
If you have self control issues I’d avoid it. If you’re able to only take it here and there then go for it. I’ve been on for about 2 years now. It has helped keep me sober.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most Ive used was three times a week when I did a log for straightupkratom. Did the red bali vein. More relaxing kind. . Ive also used it once every few months.

Sometimes ive got nothing out of it, at 3 grams, and sometimes ive felt a bit relaxed at 3-4 grams. hit or miss I guess. Could be other factors, I think it impaired erection quality a bit.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2gms of quality maeng da is the perfect pick me up mood elevation. It's a drug though. Respect it. It's a great thing overall

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lower doses are better, avoid taking it daily, and treat it as you would any other potentially addictive substance.

Megashark

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kratom is fantastic if you can control yourself. I try to avoid it as I am a recovering drug addict, but if I was to use it, I would probably just end up making poppy seed tea instead. Way longer half life and more intense euphoria..

But as far as relaxation goes, there's Kratom, Phenibut, kava kava, PST, and picamilon..all which have their pros and cons.

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
It works 2mg will take the pain away . At least for my two lower lumbars on my spine . But yea it makes you feel good . So the least you take the better . I only take it when I’m hurt or on the weekends . Helps with anxiety to .

leroyjenkinss

leroyjenkinss

Awards
Mild opiate that is highly addictive.

Unless you are trying to ween yourself off stronger opiates, I would not start.

No matter what you do, for every action there is an an equal and opposite reaction.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I didn’t get much from it. I found CBD did more for me as far as pain.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
r/kratom is a good place to start.

Personally, I love it and think that is is incredibly useful for a variety of ailments. Pain relief is a huge one and it works very well for this. Anxiety relief and social interaction are other primary benefits. Also, it is hand down the best PWO I've ever used- almost too good. The energy and mood lift allow for some crazy intense workouts, but the analgesic properties can allow you to push too hard and people do see injuries as a result. Some key things:

- Dose low and stay low. Tolerance builds and it's important to switch batches/colors often so you can keep dose low.

- Names/types are primarily marketing, the harvesting, local, and drying/curing make the most difference. Generally whites/greens are more energetic and productive and reds tend to be more relaxing. Whites are the least euphoric and offer the least analgesic benefits, with green being next, and reds tending to offer the most euphoric and pain relief. But all offer energy at low doses.

- It's important to take tolerance breaks. This will lessen chances of any WD. Some experience this more than others. I personally have little to no WD issues other than 1-2 days of lethargy and a little achy.

-Search online for good bulk vendors. You can find very high quality for under $100kg. I pay $75. Most headshops will charge you 2-3x that amount.

- Be responsible. It makes you feel very good and people get caught up in this and try to chase it by upping the dose. That does not work with kratom. There is a ceiling and after that, there is no further benefit and you only make it more difficult to take breaks.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Straight up kratom has a sale now. If you incorporate agmatine before your dosing, it strengthens the lower doses, and helps you to not build a tolerance. Red good for pain, and to relax, green slightly for pain, slightly energetic, and white is stimulating.

kratomkavabar

kratomkavabar

Awards
Kratom is a good to start with. Anyone can use it with a mild dose. It would be beneficial to have it in liquid form like in Kratom Coffee & Tea. Make sure to take expert advice before starting. It is really effective you feel energetic, relaxed, and work as stress buster.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have even slightly addictive tendencies (most of us lifters do!), avoid and it keep on moving.
Even if you don't, it gets it's claws into you and you don't even see it. I have essentially zero addictive tendencies and could always drop anything without a thought. Not this.

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i think it's not the greatest substance, that's probably why it's legal. it's better than nothing and you can feel very pleasant on it...

but i think low doses aren't really mind altering. higher dosages can make you feel wonderful or make you really nauseos, its a hit and miss...no consistency. if the high would always be so good like on the good days, kratom would probably be more addictive then crack. but because of the inconsistency i drift in and out of kratom consumption without addiction, besides compulsive redosing and daily use at first. then after 2-3 weeks of daily use i become disgusted with the taste, and by the occasional nausea or overdose, and i just quit automatically without doing anything,having withdrawal or anything.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My experience with Kratom was pretty strange.

I used it for a few weeks, maybe 2-3 days of the week (just one dose per day). Fairly small dosage. Initially I felt solid. Stress level noticeably reduced, calmer, even slight pain management improvement (every day pains, no injuries or anything serious).

Then one day, I made my drink and about half an hour after ingesting I got *extremely* nauseous, to the point of running to the bathroom at work. Chalked it up as a one-off and tried it again, a few days later. Same thing. Waited a good month and figured I'd give it a last attempt. Same end result.

Unsure why it treated me so well initially and then out of the blue didn't. There didn't seem to be a trend with specific strains.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is an addictive substance.
If you aren't currently addicted to a substance, but would like to be....
Try Kratom.

There are Many testimonies from Long Time members on the board alone, who've tried to kick Kratom for years, but were unsuccessful.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I used it for a few weeks, maybe 2-3 days of the week (just one dose per day). Fairly small dosage. Initially I felt solid. Stress level noticeably reduced, calmer, even slight pain management improvement (every day pains, no injuries or anything serious).

Then one day, I made my drink and about half an hour after ingesting I got *extremely* nauseous, to the point of running to the bathroom at work. Chalked it up as a one-off and tried it again, a few days later. Same thing. Waited a good month and figured I'd give it a last attempt. Same end result.

Unsure why it treated me so well initially and then out of the blue didn't. There didn't seem to be a trend with specific strains.
Dosage probably. If I take too high a dose I get sick.

For the thread I use it at low doses personally and never go too high, but I admit it’s effects seem less than when I started. I just refuse to go to higher and higher doses like I see people do. I still get some joint comfort and mild stimulation. It’s like caffeine to me as far as addictiveness…caffeine may actually be worse for me. If I don’t have any for a day I legitimately get sick. Pretty nuts. No kratom for a day I don’t notice a whole lot.
Again I never got into using too much. Don’t know I ever used more than 6 grams in a day.

OutOfStep

Awards
  • First Up Vote
In the past I've used it daily for over a year and stopped cold turkey with no problem whatsoever. No idea how guys are having trouble with this stuff.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dosage probably. If I take too high a dose I get sick.

For the thread I use it at low doses personally and never go too high, but I admit it’s effects seem less than when I started. I just refuse to go to higher and higher doses like I see people do. I still get some joint comfort and mild stimulation. It’s like caffeine to me as far as addictiveness…caffeine may actually be worse for me. If I don’t have any for a day I legitimately get sick. Pretty nuts. No kratom for a day I don’t notice a whole lot.
Again I never got into using too much. Don’t know I ever used more than 6 grams in a day.
I never utilized more than 2-3 grams in a day, so I'm not sure it was dosage related...

In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't agree with me. I'm already addicted to caffeine and nicotine, lol.

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

did you smoke a cigarette by any chance?

cigarette and kratom is instant nausea of the worst kind.

besides that i think that's just how kratom is. sometimes you feel wonderful, sometimes you don't. i like when i'm totally sedated and my body is totally relaxed, and i'm dreaming. i can never replicate that on command even if i take the same strain/dose/everything. sometimes i just get nauseous...sometimes it's just ok. prescription opioids are far more consistent in there effect. i think kratom is like tilidin with unstable and unpredictable qualities

Last edited:
ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
did you smoke a cigarette by any chance?

cigarette and kratom is instant nausea of the worst kind.
Yes. Good to know they don't mix!

Just weird that the combo didn't mess me up for the first few weeks of kratom usage.

Last edited:

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What’s interesting is that I’m very self aware of my addictive personality, yet when it comes to Kratom I’m easily able to keep it to once per week or bi weekly uses. So I average about 3 times a month. I’ve been doing this for about 4 years.

That said, if you’ve found yourself in trouble with kratom before or think you might have trouble with it, stay away. It’s not worth it.

I just wanted to share my experience as it’s clear it affects everyone differently in this thread.

I think a major driving factor for me is the way my body metabolizes it. When I use it weekly or every 2 weeks I get that nice euphoric feeling. Anytime I try and sneak in another day of use, it’s effects are diminished quickly. I realize this makes perfect sense but maybe that’s why people continually increase their dosage to chase that dragon. Idk, I think it’s something like phenibut, if you understand it’s highly addictive potential and use it knowing that it can’t be a daily driver, it can be a useful tool. Again, this is easier said then done.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used it for about 7 years. Doses on the lower end but have gotten slightly higher over time. Usually take 2 days off per week. I’ve never had any isssues with it and has been an incredible tool

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys get the kratom down? Blate papes? Mix into something? Drop it on the tongue and throw in a bunch of water?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How do you guys get the kratom down? Blate papes? Mix into something? Drop it on the tongue and throw in a bunch of water?
I would dump some powder in a water bottle and chug. Can’t say I got used to the taste lol, it’s not good.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Have heard reports of increased prolactin and decreased testosterone from frequent and higher dose use, same as pharma opiates. Lower does and in moderation seems fine. Personally, I treat it the same as alcohol.

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the best way is to put water in your mouth, take a teaspoon full of kratom, put the kratom on the water so it floats on top of the water, then swallow everything. that way that kratom makes no contact with your tongue or your mouth and you don't get the taste. the taste can be a huge problem. even if you think you can manage it at first, it becomes more and more disgusting until it gets nauseating and makes you sick

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This thread made me want to see what it’s like to stop cold turkey at the low doses I use(for at least a year now) and today is day five and for me no feeling ill or withdrawal just feel like I’m not taking kratom. Much much much easier than stopping caffeine for me. Part of me is thinking stay stopped just to save money, and another part of me does really like it for slight joint discomfort relief and little extra pep in my step. We shall see.

Keep in mind I’ve rarely used more than 6 grams a day and my doses are small so use capsules to take it. No finding ways to make the powder enjoyable for me.

uncle-rico

Awards
What I want to know. Are there any benefits for sexual activity, when taking kratom?

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
What I want to know. Are there any benefits for sexual activity, when taking kratom?
I've found that a low dose, around 1.5 - 2 grams can be quite nice but lengthens time to orgasm by 2 or 3x. Might be a good thing, sometimes it's incredibly annoying! A lot of people report it hinders their libido, especially at moderate or high dose. Like every drug it seems to affect everyone different.

uncle-rico

Awards
Thanks, that's useful Information. Prolonged time to orgasm is one thing I don't need, like you said, that can be really annoying.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Thanks, that's useful Information. Prolonged time to orgasm is one thing I don't need, like you said, that can be really annoying.
I experimented with it for some years and it helped me a lot during a difficult period in life. These days I rarely use it, and only at low dose. It's a powerful plant, but should be treated as a drug.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This thread made me want to see what it’s like to stop cold turkey at the low doses I use.

Keep in mind I’ve rarely used more than 6 grams a day and my doses are small so use capsules to take it. No finding ways to make the powder enjoyable for me.
That's definitely lower end dose, I'm probably 3-4x that when I do take it and sometimes i dose it all at once. I take it 4 a month then take a long break. It makes me sick for a couple days but still able to work especially with comfort supps.

Do you notice any insomnia in your situation? Even just a slight reduction of quality? I'm thinking of trying capsules near your dose?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's definitely lower end dose, I'm probably 3-4x that when I do take it and sometimes i dose it all at once. I take it 4 a month then take a long break. It makes me sick for a couple days but still able to work especially with comfort supps.

Do you notice any insomnia in your situation? Even just a slight reduction of quality? I'm thinking of trying capsules near your dose?
Fortunately for me if I take a big dose I get very nauseous so I can’t go too high.

As far as sleep I kinda suck to judge that Bc I am so hit or miss ever since I worked night shift. I go on and off zzquil all the time.

I got **** sleep last night and decided to use it this morning(green if that matters) and man I felt it real good again. May need to do what you do and reload from time to time. It is nice when I’m down to just feel good. So I guess my experiment has ended of not using haha

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fortunately for me if I take a big dose I get very nauseous so I can’t go too high.

As far as sleep I kinda suck to judge that Bc I am so hit or miss ever since I worked night shift. I go on and off zzquil all the time.

I got **** sleep last night and decided to use it this morning(green if that matters) and man I felt it real good again. May need to do what you do and reload from time to time. It is nice when I’m down to just feel good. So I guess my experiment has ended of not using haha
It's a tricky process to find your best way to taper up for one week, high dose for 2-3 weeks them taper down for one week then stop completely. It might sound crazy but I treat like I would treat a harsh oral "supplement".

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's a tricky process to find your best way to taper up for one week, high dose for 2-3 weeks them taper down for one week then stop completely. It might sound crazy but I treat like I would treat a harsh oral "supplement".
That makes perfect sense to me. That’s what I would have to do with caffeine if my kids let me sleep more and I wanted to stop haha