Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Jk, need a good joint supplement. Broke my ankles a few years ago. Really starting to work out like I used to again and started playing baseball too and mainly after a good leg workout my ankles are shot for 24hrs and after a baseball game it takes around 3 days to walk normal again. There's 2 games a week so basically I'm in pain 24/7. I don't wanna stop playing so any advice will help on in pain relief and joint help. Before the games I do actually hit a joint to take my mind off it.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I'm not too sure if it'll help much because it's a previously broken joint. I've always used joint support supps for generally achey or sore joints. But yeah, to answer your original question, I've always used Animal Flex. There's a reason why it won Joint Support Supplement of the year for like six years in a row.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not too sure if it'll help much because it's a previously broken joint. I've always used joint support supps for generally achey or sore joints. But yeah, to answer your original question, I've always used Animal Flex. There's a reason why it won Joint Support Supplement of the year for like six years in a row.
It was a broken heel bone, damaged Achilles on one foot, other foot was bad sprain and a few broken small bones. I always say broken ankles because it's easier. Skipped out on physical therapy and now just the entire ankle and bottom of feet kill after anything demanding

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
What kind of pain do you get during the actual working sets?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you not have insurance or ability to see a physician about this? It sounds like maybe everything didn't properly heal and you're not going to find a supplement for that.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Choas and Pain Helios really helps me

Essential Amino Acids – 3000mg: The building blocks.
Microlaction – 2000mg: Proteins that can inhibit Leukocytes from entering the joint cavities and causing inflammation.
Cissus – 1500mg: Encourages the generation of bone stem cells!
Vitamin C – 1500mg: The king of all antioxidants!
Curcumin - 1000mg: An herb used to combat inflammation!
Astragaloside Extract – 500mg: Used for centuries as an immune stimulator and inflammation fighter.
Bromelain (50 GDU) – 320mg: A proteolytic enzyme used for anti-inflammation and to aid in digestion.
5-HTP – 300mg: Used to fight muscle soreness after your workout, and converts into the happy neurotransmitter Serotonin! Serotonin also helps to encourage stage 4 sleep!
Betaine – 200mg: Increases Nitric Oxide levels which help to improve blood flow. Better blood flow = better nutrient delivery and waste removal by the body = faster recovery!
Choline – 200mg: Don’t forget about the brain!
Piperine – 20mg: Makes sure your body absorbs all of Helios’s game time ingredients!
Silicon – 5mg: Used to help promote the synthesis of collagen. Collagen is used by the body for bone and connective tissue regeneration.
Vitamin K1 – 1mg: Involved in blood clotting, bone health, and metabolism.

https://www.chaosandpain.com/helios-joint-support/

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What kind of pain do you get during the actual working sets?
Not much pain at first, after a few sets or after a few innings of baseball they just feel a little sore. The next morning I feel like someone took a bat and beat my legs and ankles

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you not have insurance or ability to see a physician about this? It sounds like maybe everything didn't properly heal and you're not going to find a supplement for that.
At the moment my insurance ran out. Been working for myself. And they did not heal properly. When my cast came off they wanted to put me in a boot and I had to decline because I needed to go back to a union job at that time. Could not do physical therapy because the office was closed before I got outta work. 10hrs a day 7 days a week in steel toe boots. At some point I need to get it looked at but for the time being I need to put a bandaid on it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I appreciate everyone help, I think I've got it figured out. Will find out soon. Gonna get a joint supplement and maybe give kratom a try

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At the moment my insurance ran out. Been working for myself. And they did not heal properly. When my cast came off they wanted to put me in a boot and I had to decline because I needed to go back to a union job at that time. Could not do physical therapy because the office was closed before I got outta work. 10hrs a day 7 days a week in steel toe boots. At some point I need to get it looked at but for the time being I need to put a bandaid on it
I completely understand that. Life isn't always black and white for everybody. Just please be careful with "bandaid" options as it's really easy to go from simple pain relief to popping pain pills.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I completely understand that. Life isn't always black and white for everybody. Just please be careful with "bandaid" options as it's really easy to go from simple pain relief to popping pain pills.
That's why I'm looking at these options. Prescription drugs are out the question. I spent 6 months poping perks and drinking the pain away when it first happened. I just gotta fight through the summer till my insurance is back and I can get a better understanding of the problem

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Choas and Pain Helios really helps me

Essential Amino Acids – 3000mg: The building blocks.
Microlaction – 2000mg: Proteins that can inhibit Leukocytes from entering the joint cavities and causing inflammation.
Cissus – 1500mg: Encourages the generation of bone stem cells!
Vitamin C – 1500mg: The king of all antioxidants!
Curcumin - 1000mg: An herb used to combat inflammation!
Astragaloside Extract – 500mg: Used for centuries as an immune stimulator and inflammation fighter.
Bromelain (50 GDU) – 320mg: A proteolytic enzyme used for anti-inflammation and to aid in digestion.
5-HTP – 300mg: Used to fight muscle soreness after your workout, and converts into the happy neurotransmitter Serotonin! Serotonin also helps to encourage stage 4 sleep!
Betaine – 200mg: Increases Nitric Oxide levels which help to improve blood flow. Better blood flow = better nutrient delivery and waste removal by the body = faster recovery!
Choline – 200mg: Don’t forget about the brain!
Piperine – 20mg: Makes sure your body absorbs all of Helios’s game time ingredients!
Silicon – 5mg: Used to help promote the synthesis of collagen. Collagen is used by the body for bone and connective tissue regeneration.
Vitamin K1 – 1mg: Involved in blood clotting, bone health, and metabolism.

https://www.chaosandpain.com/helios-joint-support/
Looks like a pretty good product for sure!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Besides what has already been mentioned, I also take fish collagen. I have cartilage issues and collagen really helps with that so it's worth taking.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Scivation Flextril or PES Genoflex
It’s more than just a joint supp
It’s my go to and also use flexatril at times and enjoyed that too
Flexatril seems to come up as a current favorite most often. I think I need to get my hands on some.

I just got over golfers elbow in my left elbow, and now I have tennis elbow in my right!

I have been taking NutraBio’s Extreme Joint Care, but that has obvioisly not done me any favors.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flexatril seems to come up as a current favorite most often. I think I need to get my hands on some.

I just got over golfers elbow in my left elbow, and now I have tennis elbow in my right!

I have been taking NutraBio’s Extreme Joint Care, but that has obvioisly not done me any favors.

When you send out free supps to active members they promote certain things or just bro recommended do too being friends of reps who send them free stuff. Not down playing flexatril but that’s why some things get mentioned more than others lol

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the past, I actually have had some good luck with Animal Flex...as mentioned by another member.

I also seem to do better when I utilize cissus....

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I have the same problem to the point that lifting now just hurts really bad. Isn't this because of weak forearms? I have a joint supplement, but, haven't used it bc I am not sure if it helps with the tennis elbow when my forearms are weak.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jk, need a good joint supplement. Broke my ankles a few years ago. Really starting to work out like I used to again and started playing baseball too and mainly after a good leg workout my ankles are shot for 24hrs and after a baseball game it takes around 3 days to walk normal again. There's 2 games a week so basically I'm in pain 24/7. I don't wanna stop playing so any advice will help on in pain relief and joint help. Before the games I do actually hit a joint to take my mind off it.

Fish oil helps reduce inflammation for sure.

My joint supplement of choice is Joint Mechanic by Millennium Sport. It contains Meriva, which some of you have seen me mention quite a bit, I recommend doing research on Meriva, because the research is solid. In addition, Joint Mechanic has some other good joint ingredients . I take six capsules a day usually.
Animal flex is good stuff.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I doubt a joint supplement will help with this hardly at all. Obviously it is good to keep inflammation in check. Nobody listens, because this takes a lot of time - but I have seen some tremendous results with longer-term (like 2 months or more) use of apigenin at 100 mg/day for stuff like this...but I still have doubts.

Ice and foam rolling after working out and more time warming up with lighter sets will probably help the most IMO.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the same problem to the point that lifting now just hurts really bad. Isn't this because of weak forearms? I have a joint supplement, but, haven't used it bc I am not sure if it helps with the tennis elbow when my forearms are weak.
Well, I wouldn’t say weak...probably just more a matter of overuse and repetitive strain IMO.

Some joint supplements are completely bogus...others seem to make a difference. As far as the best, I am still trying to determine that. I will say that whenever I use Laxogenin...my joints have been pretty well behaved.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I wouldn’t say weak...probably just more a matter of overuse and repetitive strain IMO.

Some joint supplements are completely bogus...others seem to make a difference. As far as the best, I am still trying to determine that. I will say that whenever I use Laxogenin...my joints have been pretty well behaved.
Yes, this is mostly the cause. But, what is the permanent fix? Shouldn't it be, strengthening your forearms to take more load/volume?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, this is mostly the cause. But, what is the permanent fix? Shouldn't it be, strengthening your forearms to take more load/volume?
I tend to think that loading up with wrist curls etc that you occasionally see people doing would not be the best approach. It may just add to the overtraining/repetitive strain situation. Probably best to keep up with physical therapy style exercises, bands, and stretching routines.

I know most of us probably keep up with some stretches, but how many of us keep up with using resistance band exercises and such after an injury has healed. I know I don’t :)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tend to think that loading up with wrist curls etc that you occasionally see people doing would not be the best approach. It may just add to the overtraining/repetitive strain situation. Probably best to keep up with physical therapy style exercises, bands, and stretching routines.

I know most of us probably keep up with some stretches, but how many of us keep up with using resistance band exercises and such after an injury has healed. I know I don’t :)
lol. This is so true. I was using my resistance band till the pain got better and then back to the same old weights..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
SNS joint support XT would be the "other" option out there. Its been touted to show impact in just a couple days and can have longer term healing effects as well.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This. I find Flexatril to be a little bit better.
OK...that’s it. Flexatril will definitely be my next purchase for joint support. Too many people have recommended it for me not to try it..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I did indeed get Flexatril. Aside from my recent right elbow flare up which ended up being very non-problematic, I also have had a sharpish pain in my right shoulder for the past month or so when doing any lifts that directly target my shoulders. I had been cutting such exercises out of my routine for the most part as a result, but I would test it out during each session with light weight to see how it was feeling...there was never any change.

Within 5 days of starting Flexatril at 6 capsules per day (loading phase), I was able to do machine overhead presses without any pain. I didn't push the amount of weight but I was amazed that it actually seemed to be working already!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I did indeed get Flexatril. Aside from my recent right elbow flare up which ended up being very non-problematic, I also have had a sharpish pain in my right shoulder for the past month or so when doing any lifts that directly target my shoulders. I had been cutting such exercises out of my routine for the most part as a result, but I would test it out during each session with light weight to see how it was feeling...there was never any change.

Within 5 days of starting Flexatril at 6 capsules per day (loading phase), I was able to do machine overhead presses without any pain. I didn't push the amount of weight but I was amazed that it actually seemed to be working already!
Great feedback, keep spreading the word. Also stock up on any sale. I saw a supp site report that Flexatril will be discontinued.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great feedback, keep spreading the word. Also stock up on any sale. I saw a supp site report that Flexatril will be discontinued.
Where did you see this on sale? I too heard it was going to be discontinued

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Need OL to put out there joint supp soon then!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Flexatril is a good product, but damn it is expensive at normal retailing price, especially when you factor in the loading phase (6 days at double dose). You could also try other joint supplements like Joint Support XT and run that with a loading phase of 2x the normal dosage and no doubt it'll mask a lot of muscle and joint aches and pains in that time.

Just remember that joint supplements are not fixing the underlying issues and so if you are experience a pain in your muscle, you should also direct your attention to the root cause (I.E. tight pec).