Whats your favorite ?

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
Whats your favorite body part to train when you arent feeling motivated?

After I have had to take a few days off I love getting back into it with some back attack and bicep action.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
When I'm not motivated: legs

When I am motivated: legs

Doesn't matter to me, squats always get me going! If I'm not as into it, I'll do some pin presses or like 405 for reps and maybe some front squats.

Like I said, squats are always good for me!

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
Legs are fun. And very important to growth. Most people don't even train legs so props bro!

Battossi

Awards
To be honest.....calves. It's shamefully my strongest body part. No matter how I'm feeling I can still do 600+lb calf raises. Insane volume too. Idk why. I just have freak calves.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
haha thank you!

and jeez, I have such baby calves. I can blast em away and they still barely grow. Been trying occlusion training on them and that seems to be doing a little at least.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
biceps or chest

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
What is occlusion training? In a nutshell

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chest for sure:)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is occlusion training? In a nutshell
Restrict venous return from muscle with occlusion device (they make cuffs, but can use anything tight to restrict venous return, i use stretchy rubber bands kinda like something you'd use for a tourniquet on the very rare occasion i decide to do it) while training with sub-maximal weights (30-50% range) with high reps. Hypertrophy gains. Quick google search will give you some awesome info if you're interested.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
jswain got it! I get crazy good pumps but it doesn't just last for a little in the gym, you'll grow. haha I don't do it often though. Usually just biceps, calves and triceps, though I've seen people do it for their entire leg with knee wraps or use a stretchy band for shoulders. You can find a lot about it all over the internet.

Doomzday

Doomzday

Awards
arms..hammer curls specifically..cus firstly if I really felt worn out, I'd start with a small muscle group that didn't require so much effort

fotbalazs

fotbalazs

Awards
i think the best way to be motivated again is to train your strongest bodypart