justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to make that special drink when I'm done with my cut in 3 weeks...
(Taking a break for a few weeks)

Any suggestions?
I like Vodka Gin Saki Drambuie
Not a big fan of whisky or scotch but I have them

Who's the mixologist in here?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A nice 6-10% stout or NE IPA for me depending on my mood & the setting.

For a mixed drink id probably just go with a simple manhattan or old fashioned if I dont just drink the whiskey of choice with a whiskey cube.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mixed: Irish Mule (Redbreast/Bushmills + Ginger Beer + Lime)

Neat: Lagavulin 16 year, but I enjoy most Scotch from the Islay region (eg., Ardbeg, Laphroaig)
I have to look this up.
I'm such a rank amateur.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to make that special drink when I'm done with my cut in 3 weeks...
(Taking a break for a few weeks)

Any suggestions?
I like Vodka Gin Saki Drambuie
Not a big fan of whisky or scotch but I have them

Who's the mixologist in here?
Bloodymary - spicy
Martini - shaken & dirty + garlic stuffed olives
Combine the Drambuie w/ whisky

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bloodymary - spicy
Martini - shaken & dirty + garlic stuffed olives
Combine the Drambuie w/ whisky
- Love it
- Love it
- Never tried it!!! gonna try it for sure. Gotta get some more Drambuie. Sweet.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've got a bottle of 1800 that's graced our cabinet for over 30 years.
It's actually very very smooth to sip on with a nice super-ice cold beer. Dos Equis or Corona w/ lime.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mixed: Irish Mule (Redbreast/Bushmills + Ginger Beer + Lime)

Neat: Lagavulin 16 year, but I enjoy most Scotch from the Islay region (eg., Ardbeg, Laphroaig)
I have to look this up.
I'm such a rank amateur.
Been wanting to start trying some different scotches...still dont have enough cash for that hobby in addition to trying to acquire home gym equipt though, lol. One expensive hobby at a time. Ill keep those on my lists to try though.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been wanting to start trying some different scotches...still dont have enough cash for that hobby in addition to trying to acquire home gym equipt though, lol. One expensive hobby at a time. Ill keep those on my lists to try though.
Lagavulin/Laphroig are peaty. I personally prefer oaky to peaty, but I don’t discriminate. McAllen 12 is reasonable and very smooth. Yamazaki is also amazing if you can find it. Worth the price where as, imo, Pappy is just a glorified Buffalo Trace with an expensive price bc it’s rare.

If you’re into bourbon, Woodford Reserve is damn good for the price. Stagg, Jr is also amazing but seems like it’s a rarity now.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CCB Jai Alai IPA
Margaritas
Mojitos
And ........ a lot of different beers 🤦🏼‍♂️ this quarantine messed me up .
I gained 10 pounds of fat , and I got a beach trip in July . FML .
Cigar City Brewery is the sh*t! My buddy did all their labels.
Love love that Jai Alai IPA. Thanks for the reminder to grab a six pack.

Mojitos are cool. Had the best ever in Miami a few years back.
Margaritas.. Not a fan of too much sugary stuff. I get a headache, but refreshing poolside.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lagavulin/Laphroig are peaty. I personally prefer oaky to peaty, but I don’t discriminate. McAllen 12 is reasonable and very smooth. Yamazaki is also amazing if you can find it. Worth the price where as, imo, Pappy is just a glorified Buffalo Trace with an expensive price bc it’s rare.

If you’re into bourbon, Woodford Reserve is damn good for the price. Stagg, Jr is also amazing but seems like it’s a rarity now.
Looking to try Yamazaki at some point!

Agreed on Pappy. The “cheaper” (which are still pricey) bottles I’ve heard are pretty normal... it’s the Old Rip Van Winkle 25 year that’s like $315/an ounce that is apparently out of this world. I’m not seasoned enough to even come close to appreciating something that pricey

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Agreed on Pappy. The “cheaper” (which are still pricey) bottles I’ve heard are pretty normal... it’s the Old Rip Van Winkle 25 year that’s like $315/an ounce that is apparently out of this world. I’m not seasoned enough to even come close to appreciating something that pricey
It’s not. I had it at a conference. Don’t get me wrong - it was great, but it was not $300 or even $100/ounce great. That was the consensus of my entire table - some of whom have been drinking primo whiskeys since before I was born

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It’s not. I had it at a conference. Don’t get me wrong - it was great, but it was not $300 or even $100/ounce great. That was the consensus of my entire table - some of whom have been drinking primo whiskeys since before I was born

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I guess I’ll delete it from my bucket list then - thanks!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I guess I’ll delete it from my bucket list then - thanks!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beer - IPA
Mixed - Moscow mules, old fashioned, Manhattan
Neat - Monkey Shoulder

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got smashed off of manhattans last night, those are tasty.

If you like gin, my all time favorite gin cocktail is a negroni. Delicious!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing beats an aged Bourbon.

When I used to drink, that was my favorite ....

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friend at work got me to try these concoctions that he made and I modified it a bit. Very good on a hot summer evening......or whenever. They're just dangerous because you don't taste the alcohol.
16 oz. Jumex Mango
6 oz. Peach Jim Beam
4 oz. Peach Bellini raspberry syrup (I get this from Olive Garden)
3 C ice
Mix ice, mango juice and Jim Beam in blender until ice is fully crushed. Think slushy. Pour into mug that was in the freezer and top with syrup. It's a girly drink but dang it tastes good! Lol!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here's a easy one, deep Eddy's lemonade vodka and ice. Add a splash of club soda if you have a tampon

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Friend at work got me to try these concoctions that he made and I modified it a bit. Very good on a hot summer evening......or whenever. They're just dangerous because you don't taste the alcohol.
16 oz. Jumex Mango
6 oz. Peach Jim Beam
4 oz. Peach Bellini raspberry syrup (I get this from Olive Garden)
3 C ice
Mix ice, mango juice and Jim Beam in blender until ice is fully crushed. Think slushy. Pour into mug that was in the freezer and top with syrup. It's a girly drink but dang it tastes good! Lol!
Sounds like 1 of those Asian restaurant drinks, they're usually loaded and you can't even taste it

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I played baseball in college, we used to love the lime slime. Yes, that means vodka and frozen limeade.

Straight vodka added to just enough of the limeade to kinda, sorta, somewhat take the bite out of the vodka.

Rinse and repeat.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bikini Martini. 1 part vodka, 1 part coconut rum, 2 parts pineapple juice. Add lots of ice. I also like Avion Silver tequila and Kentucky bourbon barrel beer. Scotch I like Dalwhinnie.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like 1 of those Asian restaurant drinks, they're usually loaded and you can't even taste it
A friend and I drank a whole bottle (750mL) of the Peach Jim Beam in a couple hours one night with these. It definitely snuck up on us! They were going down wayyyyy too easy. Lol!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Did any of you guys make jungle juice in highschool/college.

There's a million different ways but my favorite was taking one of those 5 gallon Gatorade coolers, chop up watermelon, strawberries, peaches, any fruit that can soak up the booze. The. You pour in 2 big bottles of graves grain alcohol, let it soak overnight. The next day add 1 big jug of Hawaiian Punch and a 2 liter of ginger ale. Cheap way to get 20 ppl drunk. Warning, you might wake up in the wrong house.

Even tho I no longer drink. Another thing that's awesome that I still make for people is Cello.

Lemon cello
Watermelon cello
Blood orange cello.
Couple others.

We give them to our regular customers as a after dinner drink and to family and friends for presents. If you never had a good homemade lemon cello I suggest you find some.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

There's a million different ways but my favorite was taking one of those 5 gallon Gatorade coolers, chop up watermelon, strawberries, peaches, any fruit that can soak up the booze. The. You pour in 2 big bottles of graves grain alcohol, let it soak overnight. The next day add 1 big jug of Hawaiian Punch and a 2 liter of ginger ale. Cheap way to get 20 ppl drunk. Warning, you might wake up in the wrong house.

Even tho I no longer drink. Another thing that's awesome that I still make for people is Cello.

Lemon cello
Watermelon cello
Blood orange cello.
Couple others.

We give them to our regular customers as a after dinner drink and to family and friends for presents. If you never had a good homemade lemon cello I suggest you find some.
I was planning on making some this year for my neighbor gifts for Christmas.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Lemon cello
Watermelon cello
Blood orange cello.
Couple others.

I was planning on making some this year for my neighbor gifts for Christmas.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you like pineapple and wanna get wasted, you can make stoli doli like they do at Capital Grille, just need to plan ahead. Get a glass jar, cut big chunks of pineapple, cover with vodka. Put a lid on it and wait two weeks. Then just make martinis out of it. Talk about dangerous. No alcohol bite whatsoever.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Moscow mule or whiskey sour

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you like pineapple and wanna get wasted, you can make stoli doli like they do at Capital Grille, just need to plan ahead. Get a glass jar, cut big chunks of pineapple, cover with vodka. Put a lid on it and wait two weeks. Then just make martinis out of it. Talk about dangerous. No alcohol bite whatsoever.
I did this a couple years ago. Good stuff!!Screenshot_20200616-131612_Instagram.jpeg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bout 3-4 years ago we made that at my uncle's restruant. Me and 2 other guys drank more of it then we sold, so we stopped making it lol

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Lemon cello
Watermelon cello
Blood orange cello.
Couple others.

We made jungle juice too as a kid, also in the same cooler! We called it PJ. Man that was some potent stuff. Couldn’t taste the alcohol so you’d end up chugging it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Lemon cello
Watermelon cello
Blood orange cello.
Couple others.

We made jungle juice too as a kid, also in the same cooler! We called it PJ. Man that was some potent stuff. Couldn’t taste the alcohol so you’d end up chugging it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My favorite drink is a good bourbon neat. If it’s a strong proof I’ll add a large ice ball. If you’re a bourbon fan, you need to do the bourbon trail in Kentucky. It’s awesome.