What's the current consensus on Eria Jarensis, AKA N,N-Dimethylphenethylamine?

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Bit of background here, I suffer from ADHD in a country with a notoriously impossible to navigate health system for adults with any kind of psychological disorders, and so over the years I've self-mediated for this rather than attempting to seek the ridiculously expensive and ridiculously difficult to access formal route.

I discovered very early in my adult life that preworkout supplements caused substantial remission from my symptoms, before I even knew that my condition was ADHD - on the days that I'd take any of the various PWOs I've used over the years, I'd come home from the gym and get more college or creative work done in an evening than in the previous fortnight. So as you can imagine, over the years as one thing after another has been banned, I've tried to stay ahead of the game to some extent.

The main issue I encounter with PWOs is the caffeine content - like many ADHD folk I'm absolutely hyper sensitive to caffeine, and the physical stimulation it gives you in large doses totally negate the focus and motivational effects of other stimulants - in other words, as many of you might be familiar with, combining dopaminergic or adrenergic stimulants with gigantic doses of caffeine conveys an intense motivation to work out, exactly as PWOs intend, but is totally counter productive to the idea of sitting behind a desk and getting some writing done, for instance, or organising a spreadsheet, etc etc etc. So for non-workout days, I'm always on the lookout for stimulant compounds which are available independently of the giant doses of caffeine one finds in PWOs. And in that context, I'm very very interested in trying Eria Jarensis, as it's both touted as a classic CNS stimulant and available as a standalone without caffeine-related substances mixed in.

So what's the current consensus? I'm interested in three issues, basically - firstly, whether it actually works as a stimulant; secondly, whether the reports of a ridiculously short half-life are true, thus making it impractical for use as a supplement, and thirdly, whether there's any current consensus on its likely safety in terms of cardio, hepa, and/or neuro toxicity.

Is there any kind of consensus on this at the moment? In the general opinion of the supplement community, it is safe, and does it actually work as advertised?

Anything from studies to anecdotes welcome and appreciated! Would love to give this stuff a whirl, just a little put-off by the relative lack of proper information out there that isn't mere promotional material on product sales pages, if you get me!

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have ADHD really bad as well….. I like a SMALL dose of yohimbe and a little (50mg tops) caffeine to get me where you are looking to be.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off the top of my head:
SNS Eria is quality. EJ is far less speedy vs dmha/dmaa and I don't find the duration negatively short lived.

Ultimate Orange pre only has 100 caffeine and 150mg DMHA. You could even half scoop that and still get a good focus stim effect from the DMHA.

Have you tried more focus based products? Something like Focus XT Caffeine Free? CDP-Choline?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like eria jarensis: slight elevation in mood, smooth stim with no jitters and pairs well with caffeine. Not a very strong stim on its own IMO though. If that's what you're looking for.

The price tag is too high for what it is for me to use it often. I enjoyed 250mg personally and I would blow through SNS or Bulkstim rather quick.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like eria jarensis: slight elevation in mood, smooth stim with no jitters and pairs well with caffeine. Not a very strong stim on its own IMO though. If that's what you're looking for.

The price tag is too high for what it is for me to use it often. I enjoyed 250mg personally and I would blow through SNS or Bulkstim rather quick.

I have no idea the cost of the raw material but I do think we are finding out that doses may need to be higher than initially thought. Heck look at caffeine for almost 3 decades 200mg was the highest amount seen in any burner and the first decade of pre's were still around 200mg. Look where we are now. I know Mike Arnold's product has a very potent dose when taking the full serving of Methyl Blue.