What's the best supplement to help me go to sleep that I can take everyday?

C

CJNator

Awards
It's hard for me to knock out practically everyday. Anyone know of a supplement I can take daily to help me get to sleep and stay asleep?

C

CJNator

Awards
I do usually take that or already the main ingredient since the product itself is pretty damn expensive lol but I was hoping for something actually beneficial for my body. I honestly haven't looked to see if said ingredient is beneficial but I assume it isn't in any other aspect rather then falling asleep.

P

pbandy1

Awards
Besides going to sleep at the same time and the whole nutrition / exercise / easy on the caffeine thing - magnesium glycinate 200-400 mg, melatonin 300 mcg (more for sleep latency than sleep quality), & valerian or lemon balm.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dream n Grow by IML has had nothing but positive reviews. Theres a bunch of logs floating around you could take a look at.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sleep Aids I enjoyed that you could consider (but not everyday)
Ronnie Coleman Ressurect PM
Prime Sleep GH
I have also heard good things about Fade Out from Redcon1 (Have not tried)

For everyday use:
ZMA + 5HTP
Gaba or Melatonin (Found in the sleep aid products above)

I also found increased sleep off CEL M-Test During my 4 week run. It was also noted by other loggers.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3g melatonin does the jobs for me. I loved Dream N Grow by IML. That would knock me out and had a great profile.

M

Mechaa

Awards
Zma with theanine by true athlete puts me into a deep sleep plus helps with recovery

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ZMA
GABA

Something one of my clients purchased for me is Amino PM but Muscle Elements. Been using it 4 or 5 days out of the week when I have to be up super early the next day. Knocks me out quick and I wake up feeling refreshed even on 5-6 hours of sleep.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This actually hurts my sleep quality. Guessing it's the green tea extract or LCLT.
Interesting. Could be depending on how they effect you. The ones I've used in the past.

R.E.M. 8.0
Lights out

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's a few I've used with pretty good success:

iForce Out Cold
RedCon1 Fade Out
Vein Nutrition Sedation

Tried a few others and didn't get much such as AE's APE DarkKnight and Magnum's G-Spring.

Will be trying Hi-Tech Somatomax soon, and hoping for good things.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The fact you specify every day is a little problematic, as these things should be used occasionally, and not as a crutch for deep rooted sleep issues.

If this is a constant issue, look into your sleep hygiene and see what you can clean up there first.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This actually hurts my sleep quality. Guessing it's the green tea extract or LCLT.
I'm curious. Do you have untreated sleep apnea?

I only ask because I had the same initial reaction to Growth Factor XT, and after starting CPAP treatment again it knocks me out like a light.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The fact you specify every day is a little problematic, as these things should be used occasionally, and not as a crutch for deep rooted sleep issues.

If this is a constant issue, look into your sleep hygiene and see what you can clean up there first.
And these two gentlemen are really dead on.

Look into sleep hygiene methods first, see if they help at all. Then try supplements.

Staying away from electronics right before bed, meditation, etc. can do wonders for sleep quality.
What is your sleep hygiene like?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In regards to Zzzquil, I may be wrong but I think it's just the Benadryl active. Not something I would take daily.

I probably could have googled it, but I like guessing lol.

C

CJNator

Awards
Thanks everyone! I'll look into what everyone posted but I'll be going with the sleep hygiene, I had no clue it was an actual thing but now I know lol.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone! I'll look into what everyone posted but I'll be going with the sleep hygiene, I had no clue it was an actual thing but now I know lol.
Try to get into the same habits every night. Keep your room a tad cooler or at least your body. Try to sleep in a room as dark as possible. I personally use a sleeping mask. Don't check your phone if you use the rest room. Try not to turn on any lights if you get up to use the bathroom. Perhaps use ear plugs.

C

CJNator

Awards
Try to get into the same habits every night. Keep your room a tad cooler or at least your body. Try to sleep in a room as dark as possible. I personally use a sleeping mask. Don't check your phone if you use the rest room. Try not to turn on any lights if you get up to use the bathroom. Perhaps use ear plugs.
I'll look into a face mask and yea using a phone before or while in bed doesn't help(doing it right now lol).

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll look into a face mask and yea using a phone before or while in bed doesn't help(doing it right now lol).
You know what, I get extremely sleepy when I'm on my phone... If I wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep, I go on my phone and after a few min I'm sleepy again... everyone is different I guess.

C

CJNator

Awards
You know what, I get extremely sleepy when I'm on my phone... If I wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep, I go on my phone and after a few min I'm sleepy again... everyone is different I guess.
Yea exactly, some people can't sleep without the TV on, the slightest light can wake me up lol.