whats my body fat at?

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
I bought a fit bit scale to track my body fat when bulking and its telling me I'm 21.6% . I'm having a hard time believing its that high.
Where do you bros think my body fat % is at?

flexin 1.JPG

flexin 2.JPG

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's 21% I was gonna say 12-15% is the max

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I'm with the others. 12-15 seems right. Those scales are notoriously unreliable.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
yea I was thinking around 15%. What a waste of money. should have did my research before buying. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Let the bulking begin its grow time mfers!!

APC80

APC80

Awards
Impossible to tell without a dexa scan, there's somewhere on the net has tons of people with dexa verified bf% that shows you how hard it is to visually estimate. You could be 10% or ya could be 15 **** knows. You'll drive yourself mad trying to work it out. I just take waist measurements at the navel and use that. Once I hit 29.5" I know I'm lean enough to bulk.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely not 21 percent. No ****ing way

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
how do you correctly mesure the waist? an inch above the belly button? sucked in flexed or normal?

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
I like numbers. having something else besides the mirror and scale to track progess would be nice

APC80

APC80

Awards
how do you correctly mesure the waist? an inch above the belly button? sucked in flexed or normal?
Just the top of the belly button, relaxed just like you normally stand. Then next time you cut you'll know roughly where you need to get to.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
cool so if 29.5 inches is when you start bulking at what mesurment would u stop your bulk?

APC80

APC80

Awards
cool so if 29.5 inches is when you start bulking at what mesurment would u stop your bulk?
Usually when I start looking like a fat ****er. This time I'm gonna try and stay as lean as possible I always rush my cut and end up losing a bunch of muscle. No more extreme bulking and cutting for me.

It's just a number I use as a goal, a target I'm determined to hit keeps me motivated.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
12-15 wat??

yea extreme bulking and cutting are deff not the way to go. I have struggled with that myself eating to much putting on to much fat and cutting at to much of a deflict an looseing muscle. its all trial and error gotta find that sweet spot for both

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was saying your body fat is somewhere between 12 and 15%

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldnt worry about what percent your body fat is. What matters is you have well defined abs, thats what matters. =-)

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
I wouldnt worry about what percent your body fat is. What matters is you have well defined abs, thats what matters. =-)
for sure bro thanks. I just read online that going on cycle with a high bodyfat is bad. that fit bit scale told me 21.6% bf thought I might have been a fat ass in denial for a min lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for sure bro thanks. I just read online that going on cycle with a high bodyfat is bad. that fit bit scale told me 21.6% bf thought I might have been a fat ass in denial for a min lol
You have well defined abs and thought you might have been a fat ass in denial haha

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
When I seen these pics of dexa verified bf percentages I gave up trying to estimate visually. Some in the high teens look 12-14% to me and some of the guys in single digits look well higher.[/QUOTE]

great article. it seems like people with more muscle can get away with looking lean with a much higher body fat then those with less muscle. like you said when I start looking like a fat **** ill begin my cut. I'm not going to obsess over the numbers

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
You have well defined abs and thought you might have been a fat ass in denial haha
yea yea I kno that sounds dumb af but anorexic people look In mirrors and see themselves as fat mabe theres fat guys that see themselves as toned studs lol had to make sure that wasn't the case

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
What kind of scale did you buy that said 21%?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
fitbit aria smart scale
Wow.. that one is kind of expensive! Have you tried a hand held one? Wondered how those worked...

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
Wow.. that one is kind of expensive! Have you tried a hand held one? Wondered how those worked...
ikr it wasnt cheap, but I have wasted money on dumber things. I never tried hand held one. have you heard good things about them?

Beta

Awards
  • Established
ikr it wasnt cheap, but I have wasted money on dumber things. I never tried hand held one. have you heard good things about them?
They work through bioelectrical impedance. By sending an electric pulse through your body they can estimate your body composition. Very inconsistent and can change drastically based on factors like hydration and proximity to meals.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Useless as well. Anything that tries to measure bf% through bioelectrical impedance is a load of bollocks. My old gym had an expensive boditronics hand held thing, told me I was 9.1% one day, the next day I got 13.3. I was maybe 13-14 no way was I as low as nine at the time. Only way to know for sure is dexa scan and they can even be out a percent or two. Why are you so fixated with bf%?

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
They work through bioelectrical impedance. By sending an electric pulse through your body they can estimate your body composition. Very inconsistent and can change drastically based on factors like hydration and proximity to meals.
hmm doesn't sound accurate at all. I have seen these at gyms before

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
Useless as well. Anything that tries to measure bf% through bioelectrical impedance is a load of bollocks. My old gym had an expensive boditronics hand held thing, told me I was 9.1% one day, the next day I got 13.3. I was maybe 13-14 no way was I as low as nine at the time. Only way to know for sure is dexa scan and they can even be out a percent or two. Why are you so fixated with bf%?
ill take your word for it and not even try them. sounds no better then the peace of **** scale I bought. idk bro I guess I like the idea of knowing exactly how much muscle im gaining and fat. I like being in control. I want to be in control of it as much as possible. I am convinced now that those bf scales are useless. ill just use tape an mirror.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
ill take your word for it and not even try them. sounds no better then the peace of **** scale I bought. idk bro I guess I like the idea of knowing exactly how much muscle im gaining and fat. I like being in control. I want to be in control of it as much as possible. I am convinced now that those bf scales are useless. ill just use tape an mirror.

APC80

APC80

Awards
I used to be the same mate I'd love a way of knowing my bf% but it doesn't really matter in the end. If ya look at them pics there's a guy at 17.3% looks better than than everyone even those in low single digits.

Looking through them there I see you're in there TheSolution lol hard to believe you're 11% there you look far lower.

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
I used to be the same mate I'd love a way of knowing my bf% but it doesn't really matter in the end. If ya look at them pics there's a guy at 17.3% looks better than than everyone even those in low single digits.

Looking through them there I see you're in there TheSolution lol hard to believe you're 11% there you look far lower.
yea seeing those pics really opened my eyes to the % being not important. are there other ways to keep water weight minimal while on cycle besides the use of an AI?

APC80

APC80

Awards
yea seeing those pics really opened my eyes to the % being not important. are there other ways to keep water weight minimal while on cycle besides the use of an AI?
Arimistane is good for drying you out. What are you planning to cycle?

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
Arimistane is good for drying you out. What are you planning to cycle?
im on cycle rn been on for 10 days. test cyp 600mg a week an injectable ment 30mg ed. Im about to throw in 30mg msten ed. might throw in some deca or npp

APC80

APC80

Awards
im on cycle rn been on for 10 days. test cyp 600mg a week an injectable ment 30mg ed. Im about to throw in 30mg msten ed. might throw in some deca or npp
Nice one. Sorry I don't have much experience with PEDs so can't help ya there. How's the gains so far?

big_pete

big_pete

Awards
Nice one. Sorry I don't have much experience with PEDs so can't help ya there. How's the gains so far?
pretty good so far. im up 5-6lbs. have noticed some slight strength and endurance gains. Idk bout you but I dont train for strength. like to stay in the 10-12 rep range most of the time.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea yea I kno that sounds dumb af but anorexic people look In mirrors and see themselves as fat mabe theres fat guys that see themselves as toned studs lol had to make sure that wasn't the case
It doesnt hurt to double check haha