What's my best option? (newbie)

compression

Awards
Newbie here. 39yr / 6'1" 183lb / ~17% BF / ~195lb 1RM bench

I was always skinny as ****, then I got old with kids and got skinny with a big ass belly. Then I learned I could actually CHANGE that and have been hitting the gym consistently for the past 2 years. Most of last year was cutting 35 pounds of fat and learning to lift. I actually started with a 75lb 1RM bench...

This year I have 2 goals, get down to 14% BF and bench 225. I've already increased my volume by a lot and my body is taking to it very well.

With that out of the way, what would be my best bet for a mild cycle with minimal side effects AND someone like me (newbie) could google around to find someone online that will sell it to me. My short term goal is to be beach ready at the end of May (I go back to Florida to see my buddies).

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

compression

Awards
Doing some reading, it seems like Testosterone Enanthate may be what I'm looking for?
- How easy/hard is it to keep gains made from Testosterone Enanthate?
- What else do I need for a simple first newbie cycle?
- Will a 10 week cycle be sufficient? I have exactly 12 weeks before vacation and pretty sure it'll take time to find this stuff.
- Will I be bloated at the end of the cycle?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doing some reading, it seems like Testosterone Enanthate may be what I'm looking for?
- How easy/hard is it to keep gains made from Testosterone Enanthate?
- What else do I need for a simple first newbie cycle?
- Will a 10 week cycle be sufficient? I have exactly 12 weeks before vacation and pretty sure it'll take time to find this stuff.
- Will I be bloated at the end of the cycle?

Test E is a good first cycle.
You won't go from stereotypical dweeb to Arnold with Test E but you can make nice gains. Get a good program like PHAT and eat and you'll grow.
You'll need an AI and a SERM
I'd run longer than 10 weeks, personally but 10 weeks i suppose will work. 12 would be nice
Shouldn't be bloated.

compression

Awards
Thanks. I'm ok with moderate results, especially for first cycle. I need to figure out wtf I'm doing before I try anything more complicated. I think of it as a supplement, eating and teh gym are where my gains should come from!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you going to be able to commit to a proper PCT if going on vacation during that time?

PCT will obviously play a crucial role in determining kept-gainz.

compression

Awards
Are you going to be able to commit to a proper PCT if going on vacation during that time?

PCT will obviously play a crucial role in determining kept-gainz.
I guess I'll have to research that. I'll be doing a lot of drinking and hanging out on the beach for 4 days.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guess I'll have to research that. I'll be doing a lot of drinking and hanging out on the beach for 4 days.
One option could be to run the test right up to your holiday. You wont go mega-catabolic and lose all your muscle not eating/training optimally for a week (the test will still be in your system, significantly so, for up to 10 days after last pin).

PCT for a longish ester like enanthate typically doesnt start til 10-14 days after last pin anyway.

Its hardly an ideal situation but, not altogether undoable.

compression

Awards
If I follow bluelight.org /vb/threads/599950-YOUR-FIRST-CYCLE-Read-Here-First for my first time cycle will I retain my gains? Will I be lethargic towards the end of the cycle? It looks very simple and straight forward. I just don't want to go on vacation and be void of energy. I'll be ready to party!

Weeks 1-12
250mg Testosterone Enanthate per week
*Split into two injections (eg 125mg Monday and 125mg Thursday)

Week 13 - Taper Week 1
100mg Testosterone Enanthate per week
*Split into two injections (eg 50mg Monday and 50mg Thursday)

Week 14 - Taper Week 2
50mg Testosterone Enanthate per week
*Split into two injections (eg 25mg Monday and 25mg Thursday)

Weeks 1-16
0.25mg Anastrozole1
*Taken every other day (EOD)

Weeks 1-16
5g Taurine2
*Taken every day, split between morning and evening

OFF

compression

Awards
One option could be to run the test right up to your holiday. You wont go mega-catabolic and lose all your muscle not eating/training optimally for a week (the test will still be in your system, significantly so, for up to 10 days after last pin).

PCT for a longish ester like enanthate typically doesnt start til 10-14 days after last pin anyway.

Its hardly an ideal situation but, not altogether undoable.
Awesome looks like you answered my question. Thanks!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If I follow bluelight.org /vb/threads/599950-YOUR-FIRST-CYCLE-Read-Here-First for my first time cycle will I retain my gains? Will I be lethargic towards the end of the cycle? It looks very simple and straight forward. I just don't want to go on vacation and be void of energy. I'll be ready to party!
Definitely don't follow that outline. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's wrong with it? What SHOULD I do?
Just stick with the average first cycle. 500mg a week for 12 weeks. Pin 250mg Monday and Thursday, wait two weeks after your last injection and start your SERM.

compression

Awards
500mg Test split into 250/week would be easier.

Adex or aromasin - pharma. Not letro

25/25/12.5/12.5/12.5/12.5 Clomid for PCT.
Could you explain what that means?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How old are you? Test enanthate or cypionate are both good choices; but you really just need to focus on your diet and training before you cycle man

compression

Awards
How old are you? Test enanthate or cypionate are both good choices; but you really just need to focus on your diet and training before you cycle man
More details are in my top post but I'm 39 and have been steadily lifting for about 2 years (first year was pretty typical figuring **** out), making decent gains. Dropped from 26% BF to around 17% and progressing on all my major lifts.

Redhuman

Redhuman

Awards
Tbh cyp or enan are your best bet at 500\week if you insist but honestly you have a ton of way to go before you should try hormonal stuff experience wise. Diet more. Lift heavy. Get big. Do that and then go for the hormones after all else is in check

compression

Awards
Tbh cyp or enan are your best bet at 500\week if you insist but honestly you have a ton of way to go before you should try hormonal stuff experience wise. Diet more. Lift heavy. Get big. Do that and then go for the hormones after all else is in check
Solid advice I can't argue with. It's also why I was looking for assistance that is as simple/minimal as possible while still giving me a boost. My routine is decent, PPL 5-6 days a week. Successful cut from 215 to 183, decent strength gains. Form in still working on but I pay attention.

But...beach in 12 weeks.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could you explain what that means?
I think what AnabolicGuru is hinting at is that if you don't understand Woody's post, maybe you're not quite ready to run a cycle. No offense, but maybe you should study a little more, before you start jacking with your hormones

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Solid advice I can't argue with. It's also why I was looking for assistance that is as simple/minimal as possible while still giving me a boost. My routine is decent, PPL 5-6 days a week. Successful cut from 215 to 183, decent strength gains. Form in still working on but I pay attention.

But...beach in 12 weeks.
Unless you plan on bringing your nolva/clomid with you, don't plan on running a cycle

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Try a natural anabolic like arachidonic acid before jumping into hormonals. You're too inexperienced still. You have a lot of newbie gains left to achieve before you're ready for gear.

HardCore1

HardCore1

Awards
Thanks. I'm ok with moderate results, especially for first cycle. I need to figure out wtf I'm doing before I try anything more complicated. I think of it as a supplement, eating and teh gym are where my gains should come from!
For your first cycle you will have more than moderate results. First cycles for most have always been the best for gains. Best of luck to you!

HardCore1

HardCore1

Awards
I did this almost very same thing years ago for my wedding/honeymoon. It worked great. I used more test than that though. Make sure you buy a few extra large shirtsize and no skinny jeans.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Newbie here. 39yr / 6'1" 183lb / ~17% BF / ~195lb 1RM bench

I was always skinny as ****, then I got old with kids and got skinny with a big ass belly. Then I learned I could actually CHANGE that and have been hitting the gym consistently for the past 2 years. Most of last year was cutting 35 pounds of fat and learning to lift. I actually started with a 75lb 1RM bench...

This year I have 2 goals, get down to 14% BF and bench 225. I've already increased my volume by a lot and my body is taking to it very well.

With that out of the way, what would be my best bet for a mild cycle with minimal side effects AND someone like me (newbie) could google around to find someone online that will sell it to me. My short term goal is to be beach ready at the end of May (I go back to Florida to see my buddies).

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
have you had any bloodwork done? I generally recommend that before a guy's first cycle, so you can get a baseline to your testosterone levels, etc.

however, you're getting to the age where TRT might be a real option or requirement for you....