Whats better powder glutamine or pill glutamine ?

thenewkid4011

Awards
I know there are people who are going to say forget glutamine its all B.S. I wanna try it first before i choose a side but im not sure which is better.

For those who do use it or have used it which is better pill or powder form. Also if you have any recommendations on a certain company please share too. Like i said i'm new to glutamine but iv done research and its like a 50/50 haha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
it makes no difference from pill or powder, just different ways of taking it. pills are easier

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you insist on using it I would use powder so you don't waste any more money...

thenewkid4011

Awards
Ok thanks wasnt sure if the powder was absorbed more then the pill haha thank you

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks wasnt sure if the powder was absorbed more then the pill haha thank you
They will both absorb fine. The pills will just take a little longer.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my point was that powder is so much cheaper regardless

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
my point was that powder is so much cheaper regardless

Haha, I wasn't going against what you said. ;) I was just telling him that they will both absorb fine, one (caps) just takes a little longer than the other (powder).

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
LOL...I know there are a gazillion glutamine threads out there but since it fits this thread I was looking for a clarification.

Is glutamine completely worthless for gaining muscle mass? I've heard YES it is worthless many times.

Is glutamine helpful in recovery in any way? I've seen a few references to glutamine being used to help burn victims, etc.

Is glutamine completely worthless for ANYTHING other than causing people to spend money?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Studies have suggested that in extreme cases (as you stated; burn victims) of extreme malnutrition and or an extreme caloric deficit it does have some 'clinical' value. Notwithstanding unless you are in either of those cases the amount that you consume indirectly through protein powder and whole food is sufficient and one need not concern themselves with supplementing with it...IMHO

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Studies have suggested that in extreme cases (as you stated; burn victims) of extreme malnutrition and or an extreme caloric deficit it does have some 'clinical' value. Notwithstanding unless you are in either of those cases the amount that you consume indirectly through protein powder and whole food is sufficient and one need not concern themselves with supplementing with it...IMHO
That makes sense. I used it a lot back in the day, when I was crazy active and it seemed to help with recovery from extreme exertion. But, I've said the same thing about beer.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
LOL...I know there are a gazillion glutamine threads out there but since it fits this thread I was looking for a clarification.

Is glutamine completely worthless for gaining muscle mass? I've heard YES it is worthless many times.

Is glutamine helpful in recovery in any way? I've seen a few references to glutamine being used to help burn victims, etc.

Is glutamine completely worthless for ANYTHING other than causing people to spend money?

Yes to the question.