What % window tint ya got?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thinking of getting my car tinted...Summer is hot and bright, I’m sick of this shittt 🤣

I don’t really care too much about legality,...What % did you go with and how do ya like it?

Thanx

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have 35% that was installed by the dealer. Previous car had 35%, but a higher end ceramic film not done by the dealer. Cant say i notice much difference. Darker would be nice, but i dont want the illegality hassle.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t want to do anything crazy like 5%....that would most likely rack up tickets for sure...Just for the price tho of having it professionally done, 35% is not a huge enough difference I mean it’s nice, but I’d like darker for sure, maybe 20%. I watched a good YouTube video of a guy comparing three tints!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man!!! So crazy. I’m about to go get mine tinted this weekend, but I’m also close to backing out. My rear windows are probably like a 50 but I want a 5... but then again, I could barely see out at night!!! Does anyone in California know the lowest I can get the front before it’s illegal?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh man!!! So crazy. I’m about to go get mine tinted this weekend, but I’m also close to backing out. My rear windows are probably like a 50 but I want a 5... but then again, I could barely see out at night!!! Does anyone in California know the lowest I can get the front before it’s illegal?
Front, as in windshield - any tint is illegal on the windshield, even if it is clear (to reduce UV rays).

Front, as in driver and passenger door windows - the vehicle code says that any tint is illegal in CA.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Front, as in windshield - any tint is illegal on the windshield, even if it is clear (to reduce UV rays).

Front, as in driver and passenger door windows - the vehicle code says that any tint is illegal in CA.
Awww, ****. Guess I should just cancel my appointment.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A gym bro has 5% all the way around, on a tiny ass Miata....Beyond illegal and almost uncomfortable to look at 🤣