What to pair with TRT? Surplus of Nandro

Bootstraps

Awards
Basics:
37 year old man. Been lifting about 12 years.

Stats:
5'8 180 (+- 5/10 lbs depending on the season)

I've been on TRT about 3 years and it's changed my life for sure. Really happy with how it makes me feel and the boost it gives at the gym/bedroom.

Regimen is:
50 cc/ Test-c twice a week
Anastrozole .125 mg twice a week

Was previously doing:
25 cc/ Nandro as a supplement (prescribed by doc) twice a week as well. Was also on 40cc HCG as well.

Because of some thicker blood, about 6 months ago the doctor and I decided to try going off the Nandro (and donating regularly). We've also taken me off the HCG because it's become very expensive a bit more difficult to acquire from this pharmacy.

In any case, I'm looking to take the next step forward. What are some good recommendations?

I have ~4 vials of Nandro decanoate that I'm not using right now.

I've tried stacking the TRT with a mild PH at higher doses (epi-andro) and had very limited success. I feel like it wasn't quite strong enough and didn't want to stay on it forever.

Before TRT, I did not experiment with any injectibles (but did various PH cycles back in the day). Now, I'm quite comfortable with injectibles, so that's an option.

Thoughts?

I'd like to put on some lean mass. Thanks in advance.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you essentially looking to run a blast then? Like, a cycle without having to pct since you’re on TRT. If so, have you ever ran test higher than your TRT dose? Test only is an amazing first blast/cycle for most to be honest. You could save the nandrolone for a future blast as well, but I highly recommend running test only at, say, 350-400 mg per week and titrate up as your body adjusts.

Bootstraps

Awards
Yes, that's right I neglected to mention that by mistake.

Would Test Cypionate be appropriate for that? Also, I don't ever get enough test through my doctor's prescription to blast that high, so I'd have to seek a source elsewhere, right? Would it matter if I switched from test-c to something else? I know test-c seems to retain more water etc. so it's not always desirable.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any ester of testosterone will work just fine. It’s all the same thing, just different half lives (essentially). So, if you can get cypionate, enanthate, propionate, or some kind of combo (sustanon), it’ll all do the same thing and be as effective as any other esterified testosterone. Injection frequency is the biggest decision maker here, in my opinion. If you want to stick to twice a week, then run enanthate or cypionate. If you want to pin more often with smaller amounts, then prop is the way to go. Realistically, you can further break down pinning frequencies with cypionate or enanthate if you want, and pin more frequently. I personally stick with two injections per week for esters with a longer half life. To be honest, since you’re already on TRT, you don’t need to worry about clearing esters for pct, so I’d just stick with cypionate or enanthate and pin whatever frequency you desire, as long as you’re hitting your weekly mg goal.

Bootstraps

Awards
Pinning is a bit annoying so I'll try to stick to twice a week if possible.

So, let's say I manage to get ahold of enough test to pin ~200mg twice per week, how long should that run go? Since I'm already on TRT and Anastrozole should I bother pairing anything else with it? Do I need to prep a PCT (probably not, right?)? Afterwards, I go back down to my normal dosage?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn’t bother with anything less than 12 weeks. You can go longer, but I’d keep it reasonable for your first blast. No pct when you’re on TRT. Simply drop the extra test and return to TRT dose. Monitor your estrogen by getting mid blast bloods, but don’t PLAN on adding extra AI unless you start getting symptoms of high estrogen. It’s smart to have it in hand, which you already do.

Bootstraps

Awards
One last question: should I just ramp up as soon as I get the stuff, or raise the amount gradually over a few weeks? And should I just ramp to 400 or is something higher preferred after a few weeks?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally just go right to whatever amount I’m going to run for the first several weeks (or so), so I’d start at 400 if that’s the dose you’ve decided to start at. After a while, and when gains (either performance or size) have stalled, you CAN bump the dosage up some. I think for your first blast with test, you’d probably get a fair amount of gains from starting at 350-400, and not going much, if at all, over 500. A lot of this is going to depend on your diet and training to be honest. I imagine you already know that blasting isn’t a free pass to eat like sh!t. Keep a clean diet and methodically increase calories (clean) according to progress and aesthetics.

As far as stopping, I know a couple dudes who titrate back down at the end of their blasts, but I just go back to my TRT dose when I’m done. I personally don’t see the point in titrating back down, but I haven’t read up on that because I honestly never have issues and generally feel fine (minus god mode of course).