What to eat 1-2hrs before workout? Sick of my current meals.

mrhankey87

Active Member
Hey guys! I've been religiously eating Weetabix whole grain cereals for a long time, coupled with an orange, whey and some nuts as my "preworkout" meal (still not too close, 1 to 2 hrs before workout to not have my stomach full). Thing is, I'm getting sick of it and also experiencing too much gas because of the fiber content.

What do you think is a valid alternative with no simple carbs, low GI, and overall awesome profile?

Thanks for your time!
 
I eat 300g brown rice with 200g chicken breast (cut into strips, dowsed in pepper, drenched in mayo) and 2 tbsp's olive oil and a banana.. It tastes awesome.
 
If you're closer to 2 hours, sweet potatoes or anything high in potassium to help with a pump. My pre workout meal is always sweet potatoes and some sort of berry.

I would say experiment with different carb choices to see what sits well in your stomach. For example, I have friends that can eat a big bowl of oatmeal pre workout. If I did that, I would need 4 hours or so for it to settle right. Another good option, for me, are rice cakes or white rice.
 
Oatmeal 1 hour before gym plus my pump pre...Skin splitting !
 
I like isopure mass gainer drinks, it's 50 carbs 35 protein your not feeling stuffed and it keeps you from feeling starving. I will take on empty stomach right before.
 
Back
Top