What should i expect when/if my testosterone levels get to normal?

L

lucifer92

Awards
Will i get stronger? More muscular? Will i grow a beard? Will i grow a (metaphorical) backbone?
21 years old, testosterone at 383ng/dl

A

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why is your number so low? Androgenic product use? Genetics? Injury/disease? Something else entirely?

L

lucifer92

Awards
Why is your number so low? Androgenic product use? Genetics? Injury/disease? Something else entirely?
Don't have the slightest idea. Haven't used any gear. Don't know anything about genetics. They said that my balls size is okay but i don't know if i can trust them now.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your around the age most men’s test peaks, give or take a few years. So if your already eating healthy, working out, sleeping a good amount, then I don’t know what’ll naturally raise it. Do you live a relatively unnatural lifestyle, like do you spend most your time indoors staring at screens? It’s a hypothesis of mine that those kinds of choices are as bad as poor food choices when it comes to your hormonal health. Your environment is important.

So many things raise your test. Seeing a beautiful woman does it, having lots of sex does it. Taking a challenging hike will do it. Doing a tough stint in federal prison will do it. But those spikes are mostly temporary.

So try to live a natural lifestyle if possible. And don’t go to prison to raise your test.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s low but not that bad. Have you done multiple test to determine your average? As long as you have not had any problems I would just lift heavy and eat healthy and it will raise.
But anything from 300-900 you will not notice a difference in muscle gain, hair or mostly anything else other than prob libido.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you brought your testosterone levels upwards of 1000ng/dl you’d potentially notice more energy, libido, strength, hair growth, etc. Nothing crazy, but I’m sure you’d notice some difference.

L

lucifer92

Awards
Your around the age most men’s test peaks, give or take a few years. So if your already eating healthy, working out, sleeping a good amount, then I don’t know what’ll naturally raise it. Do you live a relatively unnatural lifestyle, like do you spend most your time indoors staring at screens? It’s a hypothesis of mine that those kinds of choices are as bad as poor food choices when it comes to your hormonal health. Your environment is important.

So many things raise your test. Seeing a beautiful woman does it, having lots of sex does it. Taking a challenging hike will do it. Doing a tough stint in federal prison will do it. But those spikes are mostly temporary.

So try to live a natural lifestyle if possible. And don’t go to prison to raise your test.
I usually go out when the suns down but after that nothing unhealthy

L

lucifer92

Awards
If you brought your testosterone levels upwards of 1000ng/dl you’d potentially notice more energy, libido, strength, hair growth, etc. Nothing crazy, but I’m sure you’d notice some difference.
That'd be really great

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP needs a full set of bloodwork including thyroid panel. MRI of the pituitary should also be completed. See an endocrinologist for evaluation. At 21 your testosterone should be way higher.

L

lucifer92

Awards
OP needs a full set of bloodwork including thyroid panel. MRI of the pituitary should also be completed. See an endocrinologist for evaluation. At 21 your testosterone should be way higher.
I'm in "normal" range of 250-900ng/dl

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do not waste any time getting more sunlight and looking at pretty girls or masturbating. Go to a Doctor! Your test is absurdly low for a 35 year old, and it’s actually unbelievable for a 21 year old. Go to an endo asap. Unless you are on painkillers and antidepressants and washing them all down with Vodka, your test shouldn’t be this low.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agreed

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do not waste any time getting more sunlight and looking at pretty girls or masturbating. Go to a Doctor! Your test is absurdly low for a 35 year old, and it’s actually unbelievable for a 21 year old. Go to an endo asap. Unless you are on painkillers and antidepressants and washing them all down with Vodka, your test shouldn’t be this low.
Yup opiates will mess a kid up.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, definitely see another doctor like Matthersby said but you might as well get some sunlight and jerk off more in the mean time. It’ll at least make you feel a little better.

And all of us here at AM are ex-opiate addicts. You gotta quit the junk if your still on it.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will i get stronger? More muscular? Will i grow a beard? Will i grow a (metaphorical) backbone?
21 years old, testosterone at 383ng/dl
What symptoms do you have for low test.

L

lucifer92

Awards
Haha, definitely see another doctor like Matthersby said but you might as well get some sunlight and jerk off more in the mean time. It’ll at least make you feel a little better.

And all of us here at AM are ex-opiate addicts. You gotta quit the junk if your still on it.
Haven't used any. I got a trazodone description though

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh come on, for Fs sake. Thank god i haven't taken it.
Damn. So the medication isn’t the problem then.

Honestly, it could just be the depression. This is a “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” scenario. Low T could cause depression and depression could cause low T.

L

lucifer92

Awards
Damn. So the medication isn’t the problem then.

Honestly, it could just be the depression. This is a “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” scenario. Low T could cause depression and depression could cause low T.
So what now? I take the meds with some clomid and see what happens?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t take the meds but that’s up to you. I personally think they rarely work, and they often make things much worse because you don’t have a chemical imbalance in your brain but that’s what the meds are intending to fix. The chemical imbalance theory is just that....a theory. So if you want to change your neurochemistry based on a theory that was created to market and sell drugs, then at least know that you’re really just rolling the dice.

The clomid might help.

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/depression/compelling-new-research-examines-low-testosterone-and-depression/

Here’s a little synopsis on two studies that showed testosterone replacement theory improved depression in most participants. Most these men were a lot older then you but they suffered from the same problem. Maybe the clomid can help you kickstart your own natural T production. There are also herbs out there that have been proven through scientific research to boost T levels and they are safe.

I am not a doctor.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It might not be low T
Stop blaming low t on every problem you have. I have been sitting at mid 200’s for years due to hypothyroidism and I improved my quality of life with diet and exercise plus sleep. Don’t self medicate get a full panel and talk to your doctor.

L

lucifer92

Awards
I wouldn’t take the meds but that’s up to you. I personally think they rarely work, and they often make things much worse because you don’t have a chemical imbalance in your brain but that’s what the meds are intending to fix. The chemical imbalance theory is just that....a theory. So if you want to change your neurochemistry based on a theory that was created to market and sell drugs, then at least know that you’re really just rolling the dice.

The clomid might help.

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/depression/compelling-new-research-examines-low-testosterone-and-depression/

Here’s a little synopsis on two studies that showed testosterone replacement theory improved depression in most participants. Most these men were a lot older then you but they suffered from the same problem. Maybe the clomid can help you kickstart your own natural T production. There are also herbs out there that have been proven through scientific research to boost T levels and they are safe.

I am not a doctor.
I take it you are not a fan of psych meds?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take it you are not a fan of psych meds?
I’m not either. However I’ve had to be on both antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds a few times over the years. Over half the time, they caused more problems than they’ve fixed. They’ve also been a Godsend at times when I’ve actually needed them. But the majority of the time, getting healthy, changing lifestyle, diet, and exercise solved the problem much better than antidepressants that solve one problem but cause 3 more.