What should I expect going into a 16 week 500mg Test E cycle?

striple120

Awards
My aim is to bulk up with minimal fat gain and gain strength primarily. What are some of your experiences running a similar dosage for 16 weeks?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Realistically, depending on diet you could gain 5-30+lbs.

Realistically, only 5-10lbs will be actual new muscle growth. Everything after that is water, glycogen and fat.

Every time I go on a legit cycle I gain roughly 20lbs and probably 5 sticks around

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
300-500mg produces very similar results too, better to start low and asses your drug response, estrogen sensitivity ect. Over the first 6-8 weeks and then make the decision on if you wanna pump it up or not

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Start at 300mg and you can increase it if you are eating enough food but gains stall! I would personally run 12 weeks at 300mg for first 6 weeks and then if needed increase to 400mg for the last 6 weeks for a first cycle!

Make sure you have an AI on hand and your SERM for PCT BEFORE you start your cycle!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Start at 300mg and you can increase it if you are eating enough food but gains stall! I would personally run 12 weeks at 300mg for first 6 weeks and then if needed increase to 400mg for the last 6 weeks for a first cycle!

Make sure you have an AI on hand and your SERM for PCT BEFORE you start your cycle!!!
What would be your reason of only bumping up 100mg, reason I'm asking is I don't really know anyone that would notice a difference between 300 and 400. I just think that 100mg increase is too insignificant of a bump.

Like say you were to go from 300 to 400 mg, it's going to be about 4 weeks before that extra 100 mg is actually built up in your system anyway, so on a 12 week cycle your gonna spend the first month getting to peak levels on 300mg, then 2 weeks later you bump to 400 a and spend a few more weeks building up the mg.

If the cycle was longer, like 20 weeks I could see making small 100mg jumps.

300,300,300,300,300,400,400,400,400,400,500,500,500,500 and so on. Basically you would just continuously be getting a little bit more testosterone throughout the length of the entire cycle.

But I think doing 6 weeks on 300 and 6 weeks on 400 versus 12 weeks on 300 the difference is going to be so insignificant you're not even going to notice it.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All I'm saying is if you're going to bump it up halfway through the cycle you should make the bump big enough to notice the difference

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
All I'm saying is if you're going to bump it up halfway through the cycle you should make the bump big enough to notice the difference
I was thinking for accessing aromatization and general side effects but maybe a 200mg increase would obviously yield better results sure. I do believe in the idea of increasing dosage during cycles just to keep pace with AR sensitivity. I wanted to give him advice for a first cycle being both short and minimal in dosage while accessing his point of side effect discontinuation point or atleast point of side effects beginning while addressing some AR sensitivity issues? I think at 6 weeks you at the maximum side effect point for that particular dosage although even that is different then starting at 400mg.

I personally can't go above 400mg of Testosterone so I was perhaps biased in my recommendation? My first cycle was 500mg Test E and I had serious side effects. I learned I could handle 400mg without virtually any side effects besides slight increase of blood pressure.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was thinking for accessing aromatization and general side effects but maybe a 200mg increase would obviously yield better results sure. I do believe in the idea of increasing dosage during cycles just to keep pace with AR sensitivity. I wanted to give him advice for a first cycle being both short and minimal in dosage while accessing his point of side effect discontinuation point or atleast point of side effects beginning while addressing some AR sensitivity issues? I think at 6 weeks you at the maximum side effect point for that particular dosage although even that is different then starting at 400mg.

I personally can't go above 400mg of Testosterone so I was perhaps biased in my recommendation? My first cycle was 500mg Test E and I had serious side effects. I learned I could handle 400mg without virtually any side effects besides slight increase of blood pressure.
I wasn't arguing, I was curious on why and giving my 2 cents. I also can't go over 450 without a ai or a good dose of masteron so I feel you.

I still just feel like bumping up 100 in a short cycle wouldn't really give enough time to make assessments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't get any blood pressure issues really but if I go over 450 with no ai I breakout with bacne and get some nipple sensitivity.

Which sucks because if I could avoid that I would just blast high dose test and skip everything else

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
What would be your reason of only bumping up 100mg, reason I'm asking is I don't really know anyone that would notice a difference between 300 and 400. I just think that 100mg increase is too insignificant of a bump.

Like say you were to go from 300 to 400 mg, it's going to be about 4 weeks before that extra 100 mg is actually built up in your system anyway, so on a 12 week cycle your gonna spend the first month getting to peak levels on 300mg, then 2 weeks later you bump to 400 a and spend a few more weeks building up the mg.

If the cycle was longer, like 20 weeks I could see making small 100mg jumps.

300,300,300,300,300,400,400,400,400,400,500,500,500,500 and so on. Basically you would just continuously be getting a little bit more testosterone throughout the length of the entire cycle.

But I think doing 6 weeks on 300 and 6 weeks on 400 versus 12 weeks on 300 the difference is going to be so insignificant you're not even going to notice it.
Your recommendation here is not too different then what I was purposing abet just on a smaller scale but the beginning phase increasing levels would be very similar? My proposal would have been basically a constantly increasing concentration with maybe a 2 week flat line in the middle but that's also the point of greatest returns.

That said yes a 200mg bump would be more effective absolutely and would serve similar purposes but like I said I do believe in the idea of keeping your serum concentrations increasing throughout the cycle to help with AR sensitivity!

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
I wasn't arguing, I was curious on why and giving my 2 cents. I also can't go over 450 without a ai or a good dose of masteron so I feel you.

I still just feel like bumping up 100 in a short cycle wouldn't really give enough time to make assessments
No I appreciate the feedback very much I think you make a good point from a results perspective and for many 500mg isn't all that much so does make sense for many people. Some people respond better then others definitely and 100mg might be a little too conservative especially for a short cycle!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just realized I was in 2 different threads responding to 2 different ppl about first cycles in thought they were both the same thread and the same person. Dosent change anything but damn, I need to pay better attention