What should I do I'm in a really bad situation.

suppdrew

Awards
I'm looking for some insight on my bloods and my symptoms.

I recently got my testosterone tested, full bloodwork and everything.

I am a 18 year old, I eat clean and I sleep 8-9 hours a night. I am clean bulking and have been for 3 months.

I have ruled out typical depression as I sleep fine, have a appetite, and I am not sad or frequently "upset".

My endo doesn't even know what's going on because my hormones are so off, but he is very cheap compared to others and I can't afford it without insurance.

Symptoms:
Low mood, but not depressed, just feel like ****.
No motivation.
No drive.
ZERO libido most of the time.

Testosterone 401 ng/dl
Prolactin .5 ng/ml
Estradiol 11pg/ml
SHBG 40.2
Cortisol .8 mcg/dl
FSH 3.5 mIU/ml
LH 1.1 mIU/ml
TSH 3.5 mIU/l
T4 10.2 mcg/dl

I take tongkat ali, Boron, Fadogia, Zinc, Vitamin complex, and topical DHEA.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm looking for some insight on my bloods and my symptoms.

I recently got my testosterone tested, full bloodwork and everything.

I am a 18 year old, I eat clean and I sleep 8-9 hours a night. I am clean bulking and have been for 3 months.

I have ruled out typical depression as I sleep fine, have a appetite, and I am not sad or frequently "upset".

My endo doesn't even know what's going on because my hormones are so off, but he is very cheap compared to others and I can't afford it without insurance.

Symptoms:
Low mood, but not depressed, just feel like ****.
No motivation.
No drive.
ZERO libido most of the time.

Testosterone 401 ng/dl
Prolactin .5 ng/ml
Estradiol 11pg/ml
SHBG 40.2
Cortisol .8 mcg/dl
FSH 3.5 mIU/ml
LH 1.1 mIU/ml
TSH 3.5 mIU/l
T4 10.2 mcg/dl

I take tongkat ali, Boron, Fadogia, Zinc, Vitamin complex, and topical DHEA.
It would help you get good responses if you edit your post, and placed the ranges you were given beside each of the items listed.

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That 401 is pretty low for 18….

You didn’t mention it, but did you run any sarms or prohormones previously?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not a Dr. But your testosterone levels are "normal" but extremely low for a 18 year old man. Your estrogen is bare bottom of the reference range and health prolactin in men I believe is less then 20 but again your almost zero. Low estrogen, low prolactin=no motivation, no energy and no sex drive.

Lay off the fake test boosters they don't do ****! Boron helps free t slightly but seriously they may be screwing **** up.

Your "Endo" said nothing to you about your levels of anything I mentioned?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

As low as that is for his age it's not the problem look it is estrogen and prolactin

Edit: I should say most likely not the problem and that estrogen and prolactin are probably a bigger problem

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As low as that is for his age it's not the problem look it is estrogen and prolactin

Edit: I should say most likely not the problem and that estrogen and prolactin are probably a bigger problem
For sure….I’m jus sayin I wouldn’t be happy with a level that low, and certainly wouldn’t expect to see that in an 18 year old….

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Your estrogen is really low. When my E is low I feel like ****, when it's in the upper range I feel fucking amazing. I used to focus to much on T levels for well being, but I've found that as long as my T is in decent range that my E level is the main driver for my mental state, libido, drive, etc. The natural way to increase E is to increase T to it can be automatized.

How much stress do you have in your life? What is your diet like? Are you vegetarian? How much fat do you eat and what kind? Roughly, what do you think your body fat is? Are you super lean?

suppdrew

Awards
Your estrogen is really low. When my E is low I feel like ****, when it's in the upper range I feel fucking amazing. I used to focus to much on T levels for well being, but I've found that as long as my T is in decent range that my E level is the main driver for my mental state, libido, drive, etc. The natural way to increase E is to increase T to it can be automatized.

How much stress do you have in your life? What is your diet like? Are you vegetarian? How much fat do you eat and what kind? Roughly, what do you think your body fat is? Are you super lean?
I have a really high tolerance to stress for some reason.. i’ve never really been bothered by stress i just deal with it.

I eat a 40/30/30 diet, c/p/f, I eat a good bit of meat and consume non rbst 2% milk often.

I eat a good bit of saturated fat, try to avoid PUFAS if i can.

I don’t eat soy.

I’d say i’m around 13% body fat, increased a little over the past 3 months.

My endo doesn’t think the prolactin is the biggest issue he thinks lh/e2/t are the biggest issues.

suppdrew

Awards
I'm not a Dr. But your testosterone levels are "normal" but extremely low for a 18 year old man. Your estrogen is bare bottom of the reference range and health prolactin in men I believe is less then 20 but again your almost zero. Low estrogen, low prolactin=no motivation, no energy and no sex drive.

Lay off the fake test boosters they don't do ****! Boron helps free t slightly but seriously they may be screwing **** up.

Your "Endo" said nothing to you about your levels of anything I mentioned?
He explained everything and basically told me he didn’t really know why my hormones are so out of whack.

He didn’t seem concerned about my prolactin but my general practitioner did..

Honestly i’ve felt like this since 16. I had raging sez drive and everything with puberty and then it just gradually stopped.

suppdrew

Awards

Nope, I will not touch that because i’ve seen what they do to peoples hormone profiles.. Regular DHEA and 7-keto are the only hormone i’ve touched and that is topically.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oddly enough, teenager to early 20's it's very common to see testosterone 200-400 range for the past few years. It's a growing problem.

Nope, I will not touch that because i’ve seen what they do to peoples hormone profiles.. Regular DHEA and 7-keto are the only hormone i’ve touched and that is topically.
Regular dhea can still screw with your hormones but typically it will raise estrogen.

Anyways, going by what your Endo said and how they are not giving you answers or attempting to correct things, I would find a new Endo. What use to you is a "cheap Endo" if they don't do anything to help.

Diet, what's your fat intake look like. Are you getting 80-100gm fat, good sources like olive oil, fish oil and MCT oil

suppdrew

Awards
Oddly enough, teenager to early 20's it's very common to see testosterone 200-400 range for the past few years. It's a growing problem.

Regular dhea can still screw with your hormones but typically it will raise estrogen.

Anyways, going by what your Endo said and how they are not giving you answers or attempting to correct things, I would find a new Endo. What use to you is a "cheap Endo" if they don't do anything to help.

Diet, what's your fat intake look like. Are you getting 80-100gm fat, good sources like olive oil, fish oil and MCT oil
Your right, I should find a new endo.
I eat 80-90g of fat per day, i supplement fish oil and eat a lot of meat and non rbst milk, mainly red meat.

I do use olive oil with some foods as well and to cook.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's all I got bud, sorry for your situation but I think you need to shop Dr.s

I'm not saying go look for someone to put you on testosterone, at your age or basically anyone under 30 that's a bandaid. But a good Dr. Will try to correct the problem. Start looking and in the meantime write down my screen name so you don't forget it, if you have no luck after a few months come back and pm me, il try to help you find someone in your area

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does anyone else find it amazing how well this 18yr old is doing trying to correct this? He def seems like he knows what to ask...

When I was 18, my priorities were all jacked up and I had no clue what the hell I was doing, just like many other 18yr olds I see in my gym.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does anyone else find it amazing how well this 18yr old is doing trying to correct this? He def seems like he knows what to ask...

When I was 18, my priorities were all jacked up and I had no clue what the hell I was doing, just like many other 18yr olds I see in my gym.
That's because when we were 18 we had dial up internet and it would have taken me 6 months to figure out stuff we can learn today in 48hours lol

Your right tho.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In the absence of reviewing your lab results and based on your description of symptoms/feelings, I would also be interested in a full thyroid profile.

You got good feedback here from the AM board members., but I would also verify free T4. Your normal TSH level would not trigger a reflex test. Your description of symptoms, not lab values, lead me to this advice. This is not an answer, merely a suggestion of another route to explore.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sorry about that. I just saw your post. Read the OPs and went to hit reply immediately.
No problem .... That was really meant for the OP.
I didn't realize he never came back.
(y)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
supa dupa drew .. where are u ?

all jokes aside hopefully doing well now and come back and gets more points.