What Options are there for Increased Sports Recovery (BJJ) - Blasting and Cruising?

Zatek

Awards
I recently started training BJJ. I don't think I'll ever be able to compete in it because I'm already 30 and I just started a few months ago, high level guys have 15-20 yrs experience by now, but it's a great way to get in some cardio and is a lot of fun. Unfortunately after going hard for a couple weeks I just end up having to take a week or two off. Early 2016 I was 5'9" ~210 benching 385 and deadlifting 550. After a couple months of BJJ I was around 170 lbs and lifting maybe 300/425. Now after another month of BJJ benching 135 hurt like hell because I'm so overtrained. I've been working on sleeping and eating better, and training in ways that aren't so tough on my body, and as my technique gets better I should recover faster too, but I also want to consider other options.

Will blasting and cruising help? I haven't done a cycle in a while and I was thinking of doing a low dose cycle, maybe 200 or 250mg, and seeing how much it helps, then maybe consider staying on. The main risks with cruising is that I gotta be careful about cardiovascular health and lower chance of recovery if I change my mind and want to stop, correct? Never had any acne or balding issues.

I also was looking at HGH, but it seems REALLY expensive, at least in comparison to testosterone.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I think you need to add calories. The massive weight drop shows that you are not eating enough anymore. BJJ is extreme cardio and burns a ton of calories.

Zatek

Awards
I think you need to add calories. The massive weight drop shows that you are not eating enough anymore. BJJ is extreme cardio and burns a ton of calories.
I did for a while, I'm about 185 right now. I want to be around 155-160 or so, that's probably where I'll need to be for abs, but I've been putting that on hold to see if I can recover more. It's also 5 degrees outside anyway, so I'm not taking my shirt off anytime soon lol.