WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
What motivates you to workout? To do what you do?

"And here’s what I will share with you, that in the process of working on your dreams you are going to incur a lot of disappointment, a lot of failure, a lot of pain, a lot of setbacks, a lot of defeat. But in the process of doing that you will discover some things about yourself that you don’t know right now. What you will realize is that you have greatness within you. What you will realize is that you’re more powerful than you can ever begin to imagine. What you will realize is that you’re greater than your circumstances, that you don’t have to go through life being a victim." -Les Paul

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
two things: for a functional body and also to maintain my gym habit.

im highly motivated to avoid pain and suffering so..... the thought of aging and having degeneration of my body is terrifying. osteoporosis , arthritis, joint pain, stiffness etc.... all motivate me to keep lifting in order to minimize these issues in the long run. I've developed a habit of going to the gym 4-6x/ wk, i enjoy it, it brings me peace. I know its so easy to break the habit and enjoy lounging , never waking up early or staying after work to gym.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's changed a lot over the years. It went from vanity to specialization depending on what I was competing in, to just wanted to be strong, to wanting to be big, to endurance and now it is all about quality of life so I can live long and be active with my kids. The one thing that has never changed to this day is that I always want to be at a point that I can do anything and not have to get in shape for it. I always want to be ready.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your question speaks well to this cycle of life of someone, anyone.

1. Hey get me that Guy / Gal. (Sign them up!)
2. That's the Guy! / Gal!
3. Remember that Guy!? / Gal!?
4. Who's that guy? / Gal? Where they someone once?

Let's apply it to our fitness life.

1. I can do what? Holy crap and I'm not tired. Boy do I look good in the mirror... damn.
2. It's getting even better. Not much effort either.
3. What happened to my body? This hurts, that aches.
4. Where do I live? I'm lost. lmao.

I'm between 3 and 4.

What motivates me?
The idea if I keep moving; trying; adjusting; seeking; working, I'm going to die anyway, but it's gonna be fun while it lasted and I am not going down without a fight.

It's about how you feel.
I live my life like I already have cancer. (Both parents died from cancer within a year of each other)

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
a minor added benefit. significant others greatly appreciate it. Being married, i have to actually try to KEEP my spouse .... Pet peeve: when people try in their relationships (emotionally, physically etc) before marriage and then assume its ok to just hit cruise control and put forth zero effort once married -_-

Reactions: dds

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I hate training but it's hard to justify not training when just 45 minutes worth a day gives 23 hours worth of improved mood, mental sharpness, sleep quality and in the long term improved health and fitness along with a better body composition. An absolute steal for so little time invested.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same as when I started in 2012. For my health.

Mandatory for males in my view.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

"And here’s what I will share with you, that in the process of working on your dreams you are going to incur a lot of disappointment, a lot of failure, a lot of pain, a lot of setbacks, a lot of defeat. But in the process of doing that you will discover some things about yourself that you don’t know right now. What you will realize is that you have greatness within you. What you will realize is that you’re more powerful than you can ever begin to imagine. What you will realize is that you’re greater than your circumstances, that you don’t have to go through life being a victim." -Les Paul
I feel that quote. Thank you for sharing

What motivates you to workout? To do what you do? To help and inspire others

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I hate training but it's hard to justify not training when just 45 minutes worth a day gives 23 hours worth of improved mood, mental sharpness, sleep quality and in the long term improved health and fitness along with a better body composition. An absolute steal for so little time invested.
The best natural anti depressant!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Your question speaks well to this cycle of life of someone, anyone.

1. Hey get me that Guy / Gal. (Sign them up!)
2. That's the Guy! / Gal!
3. Remember that Guy!? / Gal!?
4. Who's that guy? / Gal? Where they someone once?

Let's apply it to our fitness life.

1. I can do what? Holy crap and I'm not tired. Boy do I look good in the mirror... damn.
2. It's getting even better. Not much effort either.
3. What happened to my body? This hurts, that aches.
4. Where do I live? I'm lost. lmao.

I'm between 3 and 4.

What motivates me?
The idea if I keep moving; trying; adjusting; seeking; working, I'm going to die anyway, but it's gonna be fun while it lasted and I am not going down without a fight.

It's about how you feel.
I live my life like I already have cancer. (Both parents died from cancer within a year of each other)
GREAT outlook and response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Natural Bodybuilding 15
General Chat 4
vpower General Chat 24