Answered What motivated you?

locutus24

locutus24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just doing kind of a survey question I guess.

What made you guys start using AAS? Feel free to share all reasons.

I just use them for aesthetics so I can "compete better" in the dating/hook up market.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I want to look like an ogre. A really fucking shredded ogre.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely helps get girls, if that is your goal. Last summer got picked up by a 19 year old. Also dated a few since get compliments about being attractive. Girls might say they don't care about looks, I beg to differ. Looks do matter. AAS has definitely helped take my dating game to the next level.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When I was younger(~16 years old), I was quite skinny at around 6'2 and ~155lbs. I hated it and started to work out, now at 31(6'3 and 240lbs) I think I hit my natural limits and I am starting PEDs. Obviously it feels good when you are one of the biggest/strongest guys at your gym, women also prefer bigger guys(ignore Huffpost articles who say otherwise lol). Bigorexia is also a thing I think, for many people(including me) who do AAS/PEDs.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wanna look like an underwear model on steroids. Both literally and figuratively. Not really doing it for validation from anyone, just the look ive always wanted and trying to challenge myself to get it done.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-I don't want to look like other man my age.
-I don't want to get pushed aside by millennial teenagers.
-I'm old enough to take a shortcut to build muscles.
-When I'm dead, I want to be able to carry my own coffin to the grave, with me in it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Initial motivation: Getting picked on for weight between 110-115lbs at 5'11", girls didn't want to go out with me, and being physicslly/verbally bullied.

Now I enjoy my workouts. I enjoy setting and meeting goals. I enjoy getting stronger. I enjoy gaining lean mass. I understand the actual longevity and health value of it. I want to be bigger and stronger than my millennial peers; too many snow flakes and safe spaces.

locutus24

locutus24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Awesome answers everyone. Look like a shredded ogre, Attracting women, feeling of alpha/stronger than other men, male bikini model look, look younger, to look big and not skinny, to avoid bullying and protect oneself with shield of muscle and better confidence achieved through bodybuilding.

Yeah, I think for many women looks matter a lot just as it does for us men. I don't think it's the only factor, but it's important. Yeah, a lot of propaganda says otherwise and some of my friends even say this while being single.

I try not to care about what some people outside of bodybuilding say to ridicule us, but some days I come across this content and get angered of people criticizing a world of lifting and injecting they have never experienced.

I have gotten more longer gazes from women at random places since I started looking fit after about 1 1/2 years of eating right and training intensely, usually during warmer seasons. More matches/likes on online dating than before, with better looking women (by my standards).

And past year had more dates with women while I was putting in effort (now busy finishing two semesters of college), whereas prior to bb had much less even when I tried hard.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am only doing this for a year max as i dont want to significantly shorten my life span. Basically, 75% of the reason is my natty test being in 300s and 25% satisfying my curiosity + i work a physical job and came to a screeeeeeeching halt when it comes to recovery.
I am open to trt option after i end with this though. Testosterone improved quality of my life significantly.
Also, i see a lot of guys doing it for women (at least plays a big part in their decision to use). I cant see any women, let alone strangers, being worth the risk except for your mother and your daughter.
I mean, i do love the looks i get from time to time, but it aint worth the risk.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe a bit off-topic, I remember growing up wanting to be like Brock Lesnar, I was a huge WWE fan heh, he motivated me a lot when I was in my teens.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe a bit off-topic, I remember growing up wanting to be like Brock Lesnar, I was a huge WWE fan heh, he motivated me a lot when I was in my teens.
And see, I wanted to be The Ultimate Warrior.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just doing kind of a survey question I guess.

What made you guys start using AAS? Feel free to share all reasons.

I just use them for aesthetics so I can "compete better" in the dating/hook up market.
Well, I skimmed. I don't use AAS and havent in like 7 years, but I do body build lol. So, I don't presently use AAS for health and longevity.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe a bit late, but I'll share, I'm sure some of people here were in similar situation.
As I play volleball and beachvolley, I was always sort of genetically gifted for sports. I was in training from early age, like 4. Always trained harder than most of the guys, fanaticaly, and I managed to get on some higher level. During one testing on training, the goal was to run as much circles around volleyball court in 1 minute. Everybody was like 3, 3 and a half, one teammate managed almost 4. I did 5 rounds in one minute. That was the moment where I asked myslef 'What if I could manipulate and enhance all that with ped's? I'd get superior to most of the guys'. And it exactly was like that. Have zero regrets stepping in this world, as my performance was on high level since then.