What level of testosterone (free) would be considered "healthy" for 25 y.o male?

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
What level of testosterone (free) would be considered "healthy" for 25 y.o male?

25 y.o male and wasn't feeling myself for quite sometime. Went to my G.P and had bloods (suspected thyroid) labs ordered was TSH only.... and did testosterone, LH, FSH. Doc said thyroid was fine but had low testosterone (320ng/dl) test wasn't a morning test so naturally I assumed it was on the low end because of the natural early spike and decline. Refereed me to an endo and came back at 490 after am test BUT he said TSH was really high (never gave me a number) his response was my T was fine and so is my thyroid. I have all classic symptoms of both low T and hypothyroidism. But didn't suspect low T till now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to go back and tell them they need to check free T3, total T3, and free T4 on top of the TSH. TSH only gives a portion of the picture and any good endo would know this. 490 is definitely not low test, but it would help to give the range levels on the labs for better reference to the numbers you are providing. Depending on the lab company, it can be different ranges, especially for testosterone.

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
Reference range for TT was 330-1000. I have to call and set up another appointment for a different doctor

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Ive always had low T and got on trt when i was 19 and i feel good now. Proper levels make you feel the way you should. Mine where mid 200's usually but 320 isnt far off. Let your endo do his thing but make sure its progress in the right direction.

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
I have had gyno since puberty and my sex drive sucks. With ED had poor muscle development until I started taking test. Now I feel amazing. I don't get stressed nearly as much and when I do it don't seem to bother me. I feel more calm and happy. I was always tired gloomy and depressed and mean. Everything just seemed to suck.. and for no apparent reason. No drive or motivation. Now I wanna do things and I'm more attentive to my wife. I wanna help around the house... it seems crazy that something so simple can have such a huge impact on your life...