What is your creatinine?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who has had there kidney checked recently? Since people on this forum are generally more muscular that regular people I was wondering if any of your creatinine readings are a bit higher than the norm.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Who has had there kidney checked recently? Since people on this forum are generally more muscular that regular people I was wondering if any of your creatinine readings are a bit higher than the norm.
mine is always high, does it worry me-not at all...they have much more accurate tests for kidney issues.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mine is always high, does it worry me-not at all...they have much more accurate tests for kidney issues.
Can you remember the number? And yes they do use a test called Cystatin C that is more accurate than general creatinine. I'm a kidney transplant recipient and I'm curious as to who on here actually gets this checked.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you remember the number? And yes they do use a test called Cystatin C that is more accurate than general creatinine. I'm a kidney transplant recipient and I'm curious as to who on here actually gets this checked.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My last tests came back at 1.16 which is on the high side, but within range. It obviously gets elevated when you carry extra muscle and/or workout .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no, don't remember the number. but sometimes I have numbers that are high or low and get flagged with a H or L in the margin, usually my doc never even mentions a isolated out of range reading if other numbers don't indicate a problem...

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My last tests came back at 1.16 which is on the high side, but within range. It obviously gets elevated when you carry extra muscle and/or workout .
1.16 is very good especially for us bigger people. Nothing to worry about. My creatinine was 28.3 when I went to the hospital with very little side effects. Now 2 years later after a kidney transplant it is around 1.2-1.4.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1.16 is very good especially for us bigger people. Nothing to worry about. My creatinine was 28.3 when I went to the hospital with very little side effects. Now 2 years later after a kidney transplant it is around 1.2-1.4.
did they determine reason for your kidney to fail?
btw-congrats on doing so well with new kidney, you are blessed!!!

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
did they determine reason for your kidney to fail?
btw-congrats on doing so well with new kidney, you are blessed!!!
I have an autoimmune immune disorder called IGA Nephropathy. It's a kidney disease. I didnt know that I had it till too late. This all happened when I was 24. I did do a few cycles of anabolics before powerlifting competitions I never did anything crazy. I got a physical every year and nothing ever came up except a little protein in the urine. My doctor was never worried about it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have an autoimmune immune disorder called IGA Nephropathy. It's a kidney disease. I didnt know that I had it till too late. This all happened when I was 24. I did do a few cycles of anabolics before powerlifting competitions I never did anything crazy. I got a physical every year and nothing ever came up except a little protein in the urine. My doctor was never worried about it.
wow...really happy you were able to get a new kidney.

is everything good now?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ya started lifting again and have plenty of energy. I'm not as strong as I once was but I'm slowly getting there
Coming back into training after a lay off when you feel like you should be able to lift more and you are starting over is brutal. I cannot imagine how hard coming back after what you have been through must be.

You have already accomplished a lot just getting back at it. With that mindset and consistency I bet you will be stronger than ever before you realize.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya started lifting again and have plenty of energy. I'm not as strong as I once was but I'm slowly getting there
Rome wasn't built in a day...I sincerely wish you the best of luck!!!

GOD BLESS

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got some bloods done. My creatinine is a tad over range at 106 (46 - 104 umol/L).

I have trouble with bilirubin levels and some serious bloating though ... but if I remember correctly, my creatinine was always on the high side. Does lifting elevate it so much?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got some bloods done. My creatinine is a tad over range at 106 (46 - 104 umol/L).

I have trouble with bilirubin levels and some serious bloating though ... but if I remember correctly, my creatinine was always on the high side. Does lifting elevate it so much?
It can. And 1.06 is not high. Especially for us. Bigger people. 1.2 is when people start worrying.