What is the Single Best Program? Hypertrophy Max by Vince Del Monte?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

It seems like everyone has different options about which is the best single book or training program.

Can anyone recommend a good one to me with lots of periodization?

At least from the marketing, Vince Del Monte's Hypertrophy Max seems the best. Can anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks

Brandon25

Awards
Layne Nortons Phat program is great

Any of AllPro's routines as well

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've run many of them and the two I continue to go back to are PHAT and DC or basic R/P training.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everybody responds different. I prefer high volume while others prefer a push/pull system. Got to find what works best for you.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I think I've found the best, I try something else that seems to work better. I think there's a lot to be said for changing these up every once in a while.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll never be able to simplify it into "single best." Even when you look at a single variable like experience level, that will drastically change which programs are effective and which are not. For example, a beginner will find something like Candito Linear very effective, while an advanced lifter will plateau very quickly. On the other hand, an advanced lifter may do well basing their program on the conjugate method, while a beginner would make very slow progress. That alone shows that there's a need for different programs for different people throughout their training career.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Agree with all of the above. There isn't a single best way. It is what works best for YOU and then maximizing it. Even then, you could have 2 people running some sort of PHAT program and it is customized for themselves. Weight training is like a giant science experiment...haha

pro45

Awards
Whatever is working at the present time. Currently I'm doing low volume/high frequency and loving the results as well as the recovery aspects.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if there was a best, we'd all be doing it already. You have to find what works best for you and what your goals are