What is the problem with taking too much Shilajit

LiftThenLift

Awards
Does anyone know what the side effects of Shilajit are? Has anyone tried Titan by Antaeus Labs. There was a thread on Titan where I think it was Danes had concerns about taking shilajit in large doses. How would you compare Titan to Epicatechin products

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know what the side effects of Shilajit are? Has anyone tried Titan by Antaeus Labs. There was a thread on Titan where I think it was Danes had concerns about taking shilajit in large doses. How would you compare Titan to Epicatechin products
Let us summon Uncle Danes. I think the high dose Shilajit was a concern with excessive amount of heavy metals, not certain though.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let us summon Uncle Danes. I think the high dose Shilajit was a concern with excessive amount of heavy metals, not certain though.
This.
Heavy metals is a biggest concern and shilajit is one of few ingredients that I really respect. It means I dont use high doses

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Shilajit is a potent and very safe dietary supplement, potentially able to prevent several diseases, but its main medical application now appears to come from its actions in benefit of cognition and potentially as a dietary supplement to prevent Alzheimer's disease. In essence, this is a nutraceutical product. Considering the expected impact of shilajit applications in the medical field, especially in neurological sciences, more investigations at the basic biological level are necessary, and certainly well-developed clinical trials, in order to understand how its active principles act at molecular and cellular levels."
Source
Shilajit: A Natural Phytocomplex with Potential Procognitive Activity
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296184/

I am planning on taking a version of Shilajit recommended to me by a professional colleague and friend as he has confidence in the source, and has reaped benefits from it. It's processed and in powder form. I will be reporting my findings after a time.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Source
Shilajit: A Natural Phytocomplex with Potential Procognitive Activity
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296184/

I am planning on taking a version of Shilajit recommended to me by a professional colleague and friend as he has confidence in the source, and has reaped benefits from it. It's processed and in powder form. I will be reporting my findings after a time.
Can you tell us the brand? Link to more info? When you say professional, in what department?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can you tell us the brand? Link to more info? When you say professional, in what department?
First, he's a gent I work with and a fellow technician, and naturalist. I will definitely start a new thread and am considering also testing one of the leading resins. No brands yet, but keep an eye out for my thread in the coming weeks.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, he's a gent I work with and a fellow technician, and naturalist. I will definitely start a new thread and am considering also testing one of the leading resins. No brands yet, but keep an eye out for my thread in the coming weeks.
Thanks man - sounds good to me..

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PrimaVie has a high quality purified shilajit that is standardized and tested for heavy metals.

LiftThenLift

Awards
PrimaVie has a high quality purified shilajit that is standardized and tested for heavy metals.

Wow, just checked the price and it's around $14 for 60 caps 250 mg

Titan Shilajit is close to $70 for 60 caps 200 mg

Does anyone know why there is such a price difference.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, just checked the price and it's around $14 for 60 caps 250 mg

Titan Shilajit is close to $70 for 60 caps 200 mg

Does anyone know why there is such a price difference.
Titan contains other ingredients.

It's not simply Shilajit.

LiftThenLift

Awards
This.
Heavy metals is a biggest concern and shilajit is one of few ingredients that I really respect. It means I dont use high doses
How do you like tomatidine.