What is the body building life style?

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
I'm very young into this sport, only trained for a total of a year and I see the impact it's had on my life training and just now getting into wanting to compete. But this question really hit me so I would like some real and positive feed back. Just what is the bodybuilding life style?

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Question for you- what makes YOU want to compete?? Meaning- what drives you to get up on stage??

chase32

Awards
I'm very young into this sport, only trained for a total of a year and I see the impact it's had on my life training and just now getting into wanting to compete. But this question really hit me so I would like some real and positive feed back. Just what is the bodybuilding life style?
There's a really good and impactful series on YouTube about it. Look up "a day in the life of Kai Greene" there are 3 parts and are well worth it. Hope this helps!

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Question for you- what makes YOU want to compete?? Meaning- what drives you to get up on stage??
I've worked so hard to be where I am now, sacrificed and committed. I feel competing will take me to all new levels of this sacrifice. Thanks chase32 really good videos ( also saw the Kia Greene "I'm not a weight lifter vid" changed my whole perspective

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've worked so hard to be where I am now, sacrificed and committed. I feel competing will take me to all new levels of this sacrifice. Thanks chase32 really good videos ( also saw the Kia Greene "I'm not a weight lifter vid" changed my whole perspective
Awesome man I hope the best for ya whether you decide to pursue this path or not. Kai definitely said it best when he said you work so hard to unveil a masterpiece to the world.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
For me the bodybuilding lifestyle is something that isn't for everyone. and just because you train hard and eat
somewhat decent doesn't necessarily mean you should focus your life on it.

You have to decide, especially if you're not natural if its something your ready to do the rest of your life. If you want to go pro and even chase the dream of a Sandow you need to realize you'll be "on" pretty much the rest of your life.

I'm 28 and have been training since 18. Had a kid at 23 and took a few years off because work and my son didn't allow for the extreme dedication it took to bodybuild. It takes day in day out dedication and consistency.

Eat eat eat eat... Eating becomes a job and nothing more. I don't have bad days where I don't wanna train... I have days where I can't eat. That's where my bodybuilding motivation videos help me. I know to reach massive body weight and become pro I have to eat.

I'm currently 5'11", 232lbs and 8%. My goal is 260 by years end. I'm prepping for NPC Missouri Champs next July. I've been urged to do it coming up on the 13th but am not coming in not ready.

At my size I'm not huge although to the average person I am. I get positive feedback everywhere. Kinda drives my wife crazy but it drives me. I answer all the questions and always have a smile. No one goes anywhere in bodybuilding looking like a hard ass dick head all the time...

My .02

hugojaya

hugojaya

Awards
  • Established
It cool that you want to compete. I have been a bber for over 18 years now. I love the sport. I just wanted to follow another career path that bbing. The diet and training are not a big problem for me. But to be honest.. the drugs that are need at any level.. are just too much for me to handle right now. I am not natty anyways..but it seem these day to be a big problem in the sport. I am older and in my time it was less use. Even Dorian say that what he took back then to win O is what fitness people take now and bber are now more extreme drug wise.

But I am just a old fart complaining.....

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
It can mean many things, but over all it's a commitment to bodybuilding, nutrition and fitness that you take with you everyday of your life. One that MOST people don't have. To some that are luck enough to make a living from it, they train and eat all day and have sponsorship deals with commitments they have to fulfill. Others (like most of us) hold down full time jobs, bring all their food with them to work instead of eating out like everybody else, they rather sleep to build muscle than go out partying or will stick with the water over the beer. Some may even call them anti social (but those people aren't usually JACKED VASCULAR and RIPPED). I think you'll like the bodybuilding lifestyle. Watch Pumping Iron with Arnold. That'll give you a glimpse into the lifestyle. It's a Wonderful life, welcome to it!

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
It cool that you want to compete. I have been a bber for over 18 years now. I love the sport. I just wanted to follow another career path that bbing. The diet and training are not a big problem for me. But to be honest.. the drugs that are need at any level.. are just too much for me to handle right now. I am not natty anyways..but it seem these day to be a big problem in the sport. I am older and in my time it was less use. Even Dorian say that what he took back then to win O is what fitness people take now and bber are now more extreme drug wise.

But I am just a old fart complaining.....
Lol, No you're not, it's true, it's NOT like it used to be. Hopefully it will come around again and move away from being so extreme.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Lol, nobody is gonna read this its old. why did I respond to it? LOL. Gotta pay more attention next time to the time line.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Lol, nobody is gonna read this its old. why did I respond to it? LOL. Gotta pay more attention next time to the time line.
I read it :)

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

I realize this is one year later, but did you end up competing? :)

pfcfathead

Awards
For me the bodybuilding lifestyle is something that isn't for everyone. and just because you train hard and eat
somewhat decent doesn't necessarily mean you should focus your life on it.

You have to decide, especially if you're not natural if its something your ready to do the rest of your life. If you want to go pro and even chase the dream of a Sandow you need to realize you'll be "on" pretty much the rest of your life.

I'm 28 and have been training since 18. Had a kid at 23 and took a few years off because work and my son didn't allow for the extreme dedication it took to bodybuild. It takes day in day out dedication and consistency.

Eat eat eat eat... Eating becomes a job and nothing more. I don't have bad days where I don't wanna train... I have days where I can't eat. That's where my bodybuilding motivation videos help me. I know to reach massive body weight and become pro I have to eat.

I'm currently 5'11", 232lbs and 8%. My goal is 260 by years end. I'm prepping for NPC Missouri Champs next July. I've been urged to do it coming up on the 13th but am not coming in not ready.

At my size I'm not huge although to the average person I am. I get positive feedback everywhere. Kinda drives my wife crazy but it drives me. I answer all the questions and always have a smile. No one goes anywhere in bodybuilding looking like a hard ass dick head all the time...

My .02
Sadly it appears Phil Heath has gone a long way talking crap and being a genuine jerk