What is the best source of info for 5X5 StrongLifts Program?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I know that Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" champions the 5X5 program. StrongLifts.com does a good job at showing the results of such a program.

I myself alternate between 5X5,which is great for strength focus with long rest periods, and German Volume Training 10X10, which causes my muscles to get confused with hypertrophy training with short rest.

Is there any comprehensive sources, websites, etc. of this 5X5 program? It seems there are many variations. I just want info at the source, especially when you hit a plateau.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SS is 3x5 and the best source for that is the book. If you want a 5x5, syronglifts used to have a website that would tell you everything you needed to know

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the website that you named (stronglifts.com) is the one I would recommend for 5x5. They do cover all kinds of questions, including plateaus.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a app I use for 5/3/1, it’s great, I log all my lifts and the app set up % for my next cycle. It looks like 5x5 have similar app’s, check it out, it might save you a lot of time.