• RockStar
Seen a couple people carrying this but I dont know what it's used for

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Blood sugar control. It increases insulin sensitivity.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the Improvement in insulin sensitivity is a byproduct of its mechanism

technically it reduces gluconeogenesis

however most of it’s off label use (including my own) is for longevity reasons. Studies consistently seem to show a reduction in all cause mortality from metforim use.....

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the Improvement in insulin sensitivity is a byproduct of its mechanism

technically it reduces gluconeogenesis

however most of it’s off label use (including my own) is for longevity reasons. Studies consistently seem to show a reduction in all cause mortality from metforim use.....
Do you use it all the time?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you use it all the time?
yeah although I recently had 2 months off simply because of a supply chain issue. Switched back to adc and all good (I like to get pharma for stuff like that).

500mg am and 500pm

PhoenixGamer

Awards
It inhibits muscle growth. Also depletes folate, vitamin B12, etc. Not something you'd want to take unless you are diabetic. Use natural alternatives like cinnamon, Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA form), Berberine, etc. However, anytime you preferentially activate the AMPK pathway, muscle growth will be inhibited to some degree. Depends on if you are trying to maximize fat loss or muscle growth.
"Metformin activates the AMPK pathway through LKB1, eventually causing inhibition of the mTOR pathway and thus a reduction in protein synthesis and cellular proliferation. Metformin also appears to indirectly reduce Akt activation, through AMPK- mediated phosphorylation of IRS-1, causing inhibition of mTOR pathway."

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Supposedly has some anti aging properties too but just go with Berberine. It has shown to be more effective than metformin without the crazy amount of GI distress

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It inhibits muscle growth. Also depletes folate, vitamin B12, etc. Not something you'd want to take unless you are diabetic. Use natural alternatives like cinnamon, Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA form), Berberine, etc. However, anytime you preferentially activate the AMPK pathway, muscle growth will be inhibited to some degree. Depends on if you are trying to maximize fat loss or muscle growth.
"Metformin activates the AMPK pathway through LKB1, eventually causing inhibition of the mTOR pathway and thus a reduction in protein synthesis and cellular proliferation. Metformin also appears to indirectly reduce Akt activation, through AMPK- mediated phosphorylation of IRS-1, causing inhibition of mTOR pathway."
it’s the inhibition of mtor that is key to longevity. Also the reason fasting is said to increase longevity.

it’s a balancing act. Periods of growth and periods of less growth