What is everyone’s go-to CORDYCEPS supplement?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use to use MST’s Cordygen I think but I didnt remember which one. What do you guys like nowadays?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think, but not sure, the one I used was the Cordygen 5
go to mst website--they are supposed to be coming out with a new nano2elite formula..at any rate i found the old nanoelite pretty good.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mst is the source. They have a breakdown on their site of what cordygen product to take for which purpose.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gotten good results from bulk powder to be fair, it's a supplement I definitely felt.

I have Asthma and it actually improved my breathing!

I've taken an MST product too, very good quality products in-regards to CC. I rate CC over PEAK02 ETC

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mst is the source. They have a breakdown on their site of what cordygen product to take for which purpose.
i miss them being a sponsor here...not sure but i think mst was the 1st to bring cordyceps to BBing/sports in general?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like SNS peak o2
I prefer PEAK02 over Cordyceps myself as well if the goal is endurance.

PEAK02 has Cordyceps in it but also contains a lot of other mushrooms as well so it covers not only endurance but immune support and a lot of other aspects as well.

And something on the PEAK02 studies that a lot of people don't realize - a lot of university studies that you find done on athletes are done by universities that most people haven't heard of - no disrespect intended, but one of the studies on PEAK02 was done at UNC Chapel Hill, a university that is literally known for their athletics.

When PEAK02 first came out and then again when we released our PEAK02 product, some people seemed to try to want to turn it into a PEAK02 versus Cordyceps debate and the irony was that it was like some didn't even look into PEAK02 to realize that Cordyceps is the first listed ingredient in PEAK02. PEAK02 just has Cordyceps + additional added mushrooms as well.

Peak-O2-Label-Supp-Facts.png

So I'm definitely not knocking Cordyceps or trying to turn it into a Cordyceps vs. PEAK02 debate, just pointing out to anyone reading that may not be familiar with it to let them know that PEAK02 is Cordyceps + a lot more.

Another nice benefit of PEAK02 is that there are a lot of quality issues with the supply chain on Cordyceps; you even see the major mushroom suppliers publicly arguing and bickering over it. With PEAK02, since its a a patented ingredient, you know that you're getting ingredient consistency from batch to batch.

We're going to be releasing several mushroom products this year and one of them will be a specialized Cordyceps that is very unique and interesting. I think the people that want a straight Cordyceps will be very very pleased with it and the way it works. But even though I think it will be great, I still won't say it would be better than PEAK02 bc PEAK02's clinical studies are absolutely legit and its the best thing I've ever used for cardiovascular endurance (with Epi-Plex being the best I've ever used for muscular endurance).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ND Cordyceps 10:1 extract in capsules is my go to.
We're looking at doing a lot of mushroom ingredients this year. We're considering doing a Cordyceps 10:1 but also considering doing a blend where we would specify the breakdown of Cordyceps 10:1 and then whole Cordyceps bc I've seen some of the very reputable mushroom suppliers say that when you standardize Cordyceps to an extract ratio, you may improve its performance in some aspects but lose of the potential benefits in others. So that got me to thinking that instead of doing for example a Cordyceps 10:1 extract - 250 mg. per capsule, maybe doing something like per capsule: 500 mg. Cordyceps Militaris and 250 mg. Cordyceps Militaris 10:1.

Since you're a big fan of Cordyceps, I was curious about your input as to which you'd prefer. I don't want to derail the thread though so you're welcome to pm me if you prefer.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I should try a good dose of peak 02 solo. I've only had it in pre-workouts.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I should try a good dose of peak 02 solo. I've only had it in pre-workouts.
It's a completely different experience.

It's an attractive ingredient to use in pre-workouts because its known for its endurance benefits but it being used in some pre's as led to some big misconceptions about PEAK02 in general.

A lot of people don't realize that the clinicals showing the endurance benefits, improved VO2 Max, etc. were done on daily use; not just using it pre-workout and that it needs to be used daily for maximum results.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Peak O2 (Primaforce powder or SNS pills) 2-4g daily during warmer months when I am outdoors and doing more cardio.

Morphogen Adaptogen (more than just cordyceps) during colder months when I still want some mushrooms.

It isn't always just warm/cold like that for me, but I do tend to use the Peak O2 more during harder training cycles (both mentally and physically) and when exercise type calls for it.