What if steroids don’t work for you?

Clif10jc

Awards
Is it possible that steroids really don’t work for some people? Even with intense training, ample sleep, & plenty of calories?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess it's possible...I'm sure it's extremely rare. Like under 1%...as long as the other variables are there- food, training and sleep.

I've seen guys go on and not eat and train and not look good at all...wouldn't know they are on sh*t just by looking at them...

Last edited:
Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I never heard of gear in general not working for someone, unless it was bunk. But people tend to get this idea in their head that they can get on a cycle and turn into Mr. Olympia. It’s not going to happen.
Manage your expectations. If you have a solid base established and you’re stalled out, any gains from gear that break through your plateau means it worked.
If you’re injecting hormones into your body it has to respond to them unless maybe there is some kind of underlying medical condition.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's called bad genetics. But still, it's rare

Clif10jc

Awards
I never heard of gear in general not working for someone, unless it was bunk. But people tend to get this idea in their head that they can get on a cycle and turn into Mr. Olympia. It’s not going to happen.
Manage your expectations. If you have a solid base established and you’re stalled out, any gains from gear that break through your plateau means it worked.
If you’re injecting hormones into your body it has to respond to them unless maybe there is some kind of underlying medical condition.
I mean it’s possible that the gear was watered down or bunk all together, but I was making great gains, then it all just stopped like I was on nothing at all, intensity was gone and everything. Perhaps it was that one vial was good and the next not?

Clif10jc

Awards
I guess it's possible...I'm sure it's extremely rare. Like under 0%...as long as the other variables are there- food, training and sleep.

I've seen guys go on and not eat and train and not look good at all...wouldn't know they are on sh*t just by looking at them...
Perhaps it all leads back to bad gear?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Or perhaps it has to do with your cycle design. It isn't always as simple as "take this and get huge".

For instance, I've heard people talking about taking S23 and doing great for a couple weeks and then the gains stop. The theory is basically that the S23 shuts them down, there is no test in the system, and thus estradiol levels plummet and gains stop. I'm sure there are a million traps to fall in with using different substances.

Clif10jc

Awards
Or perhaps it has to do with your cycle design. It isn't always as simple as "take this and get huge".

For instance, I've heard people talking about taking S23 and doing great for a couple weeks and then the gains stop. The theory is basically that the S23 shuts them down, there is no test in the system, and thus estradiol levels plummet and gains stop. I'm sure there are a million traps to fall in with using different substances.
This was my my last cycle:

16 weeks
M/w/f
Test e .5ml
Npp .5ml
Primo .5ml
Tbol 10mg twice a day
Proviron twice a day
Letro tue thur
Caber .5mg m/w/f

14 days after last Inj pct for 3 weeks m/w/f
1000iu hcg
10mg tamoxifen twice a day

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I mean it’s possible that the gear was watered down or bunk all together, but I was making great gains, then it all just stopped like I was on nothing at all, intensity was gone and everything. Perhaps it was that one vial was good and the next not?
Myostatin increase.

Some people just hqve more of that SOB and it gets upregulated once you start gaining some muscle.

I am the same. I dont grow for sh1t after 6-7 week, i can double the doses and get maybe few percent more strength.

But i explode in the 1 st few weeks.

Keep it short and powerful. If you notice ypu aint gaining anymore, back off for some time, then if you want you can hop back on and make even more gains.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

16 weeks
M/w/f
Test e .5ml
Npp .5ml
Primo .5ml
Tbol 10mg twice a day
Proviron twice a day
Letro tue thur
Caber .5mg m/w/f

1000iu hcg

Ml measurements tell us nothing.
... Milligrams.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You do understand this doesn't match your Thread title question, right?

I'm not picking on you, I'm just making sure that you understand that (based upon this comment) steroids DID work for you, during the first part of the cycle.

I personally believe that steroids would work for anyone that took them.
But your question is Really:
Why did steroids Stop working for me later in my cycle?

Like Cro said, it could have something to do with Myostatin.
Or like you said, it could've been that your "second vial" (?) was bunk. Were all of your injectables combined in one vial? If not, I doubt this was your problem, personally.

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote

16 weeks
M/w/f
Test e .5ml
Npp .5ml
Primo .5ml
Tbol 10mg twice a day
Proviron twice a day
Letro tue thur
Caber .5mg m/w/f

1000iu hcg
This can’t (shouldn’t) be your first cycle. Have you responded to any of these compounds in the past?

Clif10jc

Awards
You do understand this doesn't match your Thread title question, right?

I'm not picking on you, I'm just making sure that you understand that (based upon this comment) steroids DID work for you, during the first part of the cycle.

I personally believe that steroids would work for anyone that took them.
But your question is Really:
Why did steroids Stop working for me later in my cycle?

Like Cro said, it could have something to do with Myostatin.
Or like you said, it could've been that your "second vial" (?) was bunk. Were all of your injectables combined in one vial? If not, I doubt this was your problem, personally.
Sorry about the thread title, I’m new to the forum. All are good points to consider especially the Myostatin factor.

Clif10jc

Awards
Myostatin increase.

Some people just hqve more of that SOB and it gets upregulated once you start gaining some muscle.

I am the same. I dont grow for sh1t after 6-7 week, i can double the doses and get maybe few percent more strength.

But i explode in the 1 st few weeks.

Keep it short and powerful. If you notice ypu aint gaining anymore, back off for some time, then if you want you can hop back on and make even more gains.
Would it help to run YK-11 with my cycle to stave off any Myostatin spikes or perhaps a Myostatin inhibitor peptide?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would it help to run YK-11 with my cycle to stave off any Myostatin spikes or perhaps a Myostatin inhibitor peptide?
The research on yk 11 is sketchy at best. I would stick to proven AAS compounds and gh.

Both gh and even creatine are shown to decrease myostatin.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like everything else, there is a spectrum of response to these drugs/hormones that is separate from serum levels. I respond to fairly low doses of anything really well compared to most people. I had to ramp up doses slowly or I got severe serum sickness (test flu). Dan Duchaine said his personal response was so bad he gave up bodybuilding and became a coach.

Expectations matter too like stated above.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Like everything else, there is a spectrum of response to these drugs/hormones that is separate from serum levels. I respond to fairly low doses of anything really well compared to most people. I had to ramp up doses slowly or I got severe serum sickness (test flu). Dan Duchaine said his personal response was so bad he gave up bodybuilding and became a coach.

Expectations matter too like stated above.
Hah i got test flu after the 1st 90mg test e injection this cycle, thought i got the covid, freaked out, couldnt believe it happened from such a small dose, my natty levels were extremely low before that maybe thats why, i tripled my levels.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hah i got test flu after the 1st 90mg test e injection this cycle, thought i got the covid, freaked out, couldn't believe it happened from such a small dose, my natty levels were extremely low before that maybe that's why, i tripled my levels.
That's exactly why. The test/E2 stimulates the immune system and it over reacts with illness symptoms. I still reactions from injections after 15 years of TRT.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yk-11 gave me a lot of shedding, and I usually don't get any. It is very hard on hair. Don't know why guys still take it. Maybe they are all bald. And if it really inhibited myostatin I should have noticed some significant bump in the muscle department. I didn't. It just dries you out, it's like any DHT.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The research on yk 11 is sketchy at best. I would stick to proven AAS compounds and gh.

Both gh and even creatine are shown to decrease myostatin.
So then does MK677 have some appreciable effect on myostatin? Never read that anywhere, that would be really awesome to be honest.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steroids might work less with some individuals due to how poorly they process it but 99.999% of the time the diet is the cause. Add to that the 95% of people that think they workout hard but they actually have no clue what’s it like to workout hard and you got your reason why so many people take steroids but look like ****.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Steroids might work less with some individuals due to how poorly they process it but 99.999% of the time the diet is the cause. Add to that the 95% of people that think they workout hard but they actually have no clue what’s it like to workout hard and you got your reason why so many people take steroids but look like ****.
Is not the workout considered hard once you have a pump?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If steroids don’t do anything for you, your training, nutrition and probably sleep habits suck- even with poor genetics. You can’t out steroid all that.