What else causes gyno besides estro/prolactin?

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Little background info, ran SD for 3 weeks and started getting painful nipples at the very end of cycle. Got blood checked and both estro and prolactin were within reasonable range. Been running Nolva for two weeks.

I'm certain I'm developing gyno at this point as it's been two weeks of daily pains in nipples and tender, small lumps.

I'm not sure how exactly to attack it if estro and pro are within normal range. Need some help...

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Little background info, ran SD for 3 weeks and started getting painful nipples at the very end of cycle. Got blood checked and both estro and prolactin were within reasonable range. Been running Nolva for two weeks. I'm certain I'm developing gyno at this point as it's been two weeks of daily pains in nipples and tender, small lumps. I'm not sure how exactly to attack it if estro and pro are within normal range. Need some help...
Could be low T:E ratio, or low SHBG. Did you get test levels and free test too?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Progesterone can cause gyno and most likely is the case with sd. Dont use nolva for sd and other progesterones because from what I've read and been told nolva makes it worse. Get clomid, it is better at raising test anyways.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Also interested in what can help control progesterone? Clomid best option?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ummm, maybe go to a doctor instead of asking random strangers on the internet to diagnose a medical condition you think you may have?.

Step 1: go to doctor

Step 2: describe symptoms

Step 3: follow doctors advice

End the madness. Stop self diagnosing over the internet and asking for medical advice from those that are unqualified to give it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no clue. I've heard that while on cycle, which you aren't anymore I assume, things like proviron, masteron, primo, and etc can greatly reduce RISK of getting progesterone gyno.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ummm, maybe go to a doctor instead of asking random strangers on the internet to diagnose a medical condition you think you may have?.

Step 1: go to doctor

Step 2: describe symptoms

Step 3: follow doctors advice

End the madness. Stop self diagnosing over the internet and asking for medical advice from those that are unqualified to give it.
I agree with you

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
I agree with you
This is what I'm doing.

Doctors office is closed due to holiday so I'm at the local urgent care. See what they say then I'm scheduling an appointment with my personal doctor.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what I'm doing.

Doctors office is closed due to holiday so I'm at the local urgent care. See what they say then I'm scheduling an appointment with my personal doctor.
I wish I could be more helpful. The only thing that I know is that you should have got clomid. If you can get some relatively fast then I would order some but other than that idk what to tell ya. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Progesterone can cause gyno and most likely is the case with sd. Dont use nolva for sd and other progesterones because from what I've read and been told nolva makes it worse. Get clomid, it is better at raising test anyways.
Uhh how exactly does progesterone cause gyno? A quick google search leads to progresterone creams used to help decrease gyno and increase libido. There was a thread on progesterone creams earlier this month too. When I went to an Endo and he ordered bloods I asked if he wanted to order progesterone too, along with the usual test, estro and prolactin. He said it's not necessary and wouldn't cause gyno. From what I understand nolva raises prolactin, which is why you don't use it with progesterone related aas like 19nors. Same with SD guys who get gyno seem to need prami/caber to take care of SD.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Hmm so progesterone increases libido in men? I'll have to read up on that

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Test- 230 (350-1200 normal range)
Estro- 21 (8-43 normal range)
LH- 1.5 (1.7-8.6 normal range)
Prolactin- 7.5 (4-15 normal range)

Some of my blood work.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I'm not a geniuses or an expert by any means and will never claim to by. I could be totally wrong but from what I've heard is the progesterone with normal prolactin levels it wont cause gyno. The issue is when you have insane levels of progesterone and elavated prolactin like on sd, m1t, anadrol, deca, tren, ect. ect. It can cause gyno that can trick endos. Btw I have never used anything I've only been researching for when I do.

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
So the care physician I met with said that it should subside within a few weeks.

She felt around and didn't seem too concerned.

I'm not sure if I'm relieved or not but I'll be following up in a couple weeks with my primary doctor.