What Body Fat % am I???

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
C4F9F314-31A4-48FE-A26F-B041AE22821D.jpeg

67A4429E-C75C-43A0-B2F3-3BE703068319.jpeg

Well in case anyone is interested, here’s where I’m at. I took that bottom picture a couple minutes ago. The top one was the first picture I posted on this thread back in June 2018. I still have a long way to go to be happy with my physique but I’m enjoying the journey. I’d like to lose at least 10 pounds but maybe as much as 20. I’m currently sitting at 200. Feel free to give a body fat estimate if you want but I think I’m still around 25%. I just have a little more muscle now.

I do plan on continuing to update this thread until my cut is finally over or until my cycle is over (started s4 about two weeks ago). Even if nobody checks out the posts, it’s kind of like a progress journal for myself.

One thing I’d like to mention is arm size. I had my biceps measured a few days ago flexed, but without a pump and it came out to 16.5 inches. That’s 1.5 inches bigger then when I stated this thread. Eventually when I’m leaner I might throw up some different pictures of poses with flexing but I’m not sure yet. I’d be embarrassed to ask someone to take those pictures for me and it’d be difficult to do on my own.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You look sturdier! No idea what BF%. Between 18-22 ?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id say somewhere around 20 give or take 3%. Looks like some solid muscle in there like HGP said... Could be some water, fat or high estro going on which makes it difficult to tell where youre really at.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Good work bro! You’ve put good size on your upper body. Traps and upper chest specifically. S4 should clean and tighten you up nicely.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look sturdier! No idea what BF%. Between 18-22 ?
Haha sturdy, I like that. I gotta thank you and all the guys in this thread who gave me direction. You guys helped me realize I needed to bulk up and add more lean mass before I cut again. I focused on heavy compound lifts and shunned the treadmill. Turns out that was the right decision and I couldn’t have come to it without the input of the AM crew.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id say somewhere around 20 give or take 3%. Looks like some solid muscle in there like HGP said... Could be some water, fat or high estro going on which makes it difficult to tell where youre really at.

Thanks man! I’m still on a little mk677, so I’m probably holding a few pounds of water from that. I usually put on 2-5 lbs of water when I run it. I also take DHEA which could be converting to estrogen a bit, but I doubt it’s a significant amount.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good work bro! You’ve put good size on your upper body. Traps and upper chest specifically. S4 should clean and tighten you up nicely.

Thanks brother! Chest and back were my main priorities during my bulk so I’m glad it shows. And I hope s4 helps me tighten up a bit. Obviously the diet does most the work but I’m thinking s4 will contribute nicely.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice progress bro, obvious positive changes in your composition

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been waking up at about 192-193 lately. So I’m down almost 15 lbs since the beginning of my cut and about 8 lbs since I last updated this. I have three weeks left of an s4 cycle and I’m hoping I can get below 190 by that time. The last ten days or so the scale hasn’t budged much but my fat is feeling more loose everyday. When I touch it it feels like there’s nothing but water under the skin. I don’t know whether the “whoosh” effect is an actual thing but if it is then I hope I get it soon. I’ll have a picture update in a few weeks.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve been waking up at about 192-193 lately. So I’m down almost 15 lbs since the beginning of my cut and about 8 lbs since I last updated this. I have three weeks left of an s4 cycle and I’m hoping I can get below 190 by that time. The last ten days or so the scale hasn’t budged much but my fat is feeling more loose everyday. When I touch it it feels like there’s nothing but water under the skin. I don’t know whether the “whoosh” effect is an actual thing but if it is then I hope I get it soon. I’ll have a picture update in a few weeks.
Nice work!

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It’s been a year and a half since I started this thread. Here’s my physique currently. For the last six months I haven’t bulked or cut. I simply workout at home twice a week, get plenty of exercise doing construction, and eat until I’m full. Even so, I feel I’ve made some progress. I’m in it for the long haul and basically just strength train for fun. So, I don’t need super fast results, just slow and steady ones. And I’m currently sitting at 195 pounds. For some comparison photos, go back to my initial post in this thread. Also, the point of this post, and the entire thread, was to have you estimate my body fat percentage. Any guesses at what I’m currently sitting at? Thanks.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha I tried to crop the photo so you couldn’t tell. But note taken. And thanks @Smont for the honest assessment, I can always rely on you for that. But let me ask you, what would you do if you were in my position? Bulk or cut?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Haha I tried to crop the photo so you couldn’t tell. But note taken. And thanks @Smont for the honest assessment, I can always rely on you for that. But let me ask you, what would you do if you were in my position? Bulk or cut?
My goal is always to put on muscle. I do mini cuts from time to time but I honestly like being 12 to 15% body fat. In that range you can have very visible abs, obviously not a ripped 6pack but i could care less. And still look as big as possible with your clothes on and decent looking naked. I'm also my strongest at that range. If I'm on gear I feel like I recomp no matter how I eat goal wise. Total bodyweight will be the difference but weather I gain weight or stay the same my bf looks lower. Your goal should only matter to you so you gotta make that call

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will add if you have never dieted strict for 12+ weeks or had a chiseled midsection that at some point you should do it. You will learn a lot about yourself and once you hit that ripped look it's easier to maintain a lowish body fat% . my dieting skills been slacking from consistent on time eating and too many cheats so I'm about ready for a real cut after the holiday season just to get myself back to being more productive all around