What are the best anti inflammatory/ antioxidant supps?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have seen good results using Omega 3, Indole 3 carbinol, and currently taking Phosphatic Acid. I just wanted to ask what other supplements work well to control inflammation?

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As far as inflammation goes... if I have any kind of joint or lower back pain... Apex Alchemy's Helios 100 knocks it right out. Can't say enough of about the stuff... I guess the science is behind the trans dermal Turmeric being absorbed right into the problem area.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As far as inflammation goes... if I have any kind of joint or lower back pain... Apex Alchemy's Helios 100 knocks it right out. Can't say enough of about the stuff... I guess the science is behind the trans dermal Turmeric being absorbed right into the problem area.
Never considered transdermal but interested to try Helios with Epichaos. I have seen good results with Ep1logue in regards to lowering inflammation. Has anyone tried transdermal Epi?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curcumin as mentioned is great. If you go oral route you want an extract standardized for 95% curcuminoids, and you want to take 20-30mg Bioperine with it to enhance absorption. 500-1,000mg eod to daily depending on needs vs goals.

Pine bark extract is a great antioxidant that helps support kidney health and increases ejection fraction rate of the heart. It decreased incidences of blood clots in airplane travelers in conjunction with nattokinase better than either compound solo did. Truckers often take it for improved leg circulation during their long hauls seated. Good for the cardiovascular system.

Injectable glutathione at 1-200mg daily will lower inflammation and improve kidney & liver health, or a bolus dose of 4-800mg once a week before bedtime will really acutely improve recovery. I say before bedtime because 3ccs of glutathione is going to ache some until you go to sleep, so pin it & try to pass out.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Curcumin as mentioned is great. If you go oral route you want an extract standardized for 95% curcuminoids, and you want to take 20-30mg Bioperine with it to enhance absorption. 500-1,000mg eod to daily depending on needs vs goals.

Pine bark extract is a great antioxidant that helps support kidney health and increases ejection fraction rate of the heart. It decreased incidences of blood clots in airplane travelers in conjunction with nattokinase better than either compound solo did. Truckers often take it for improved leg circulation during their long hauls seated. Good for the cardiovascular system.

Injectable glutathione at 1-200mg daily will lower inflammation and improve kidney & liver health, or a bolus dose of 4-800mg once a week before bedtime will really acutely improve recovery. I say before bedtime because 3ccs of glutathione is going to ache some until you go to sleep, so pin it & try to pass out.
Thanks Hyde. Just picked up some french maritime pine bark extract and 95 percent curcumin off Amazon. I didn't realize how reasonable some of the supps cost nowadays

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Hyde. Just picked up some french maritime pine bark extract and 95 percent curcumin off Amazon. I didn't realize how reasonable some of the supps cost nowadays
Sure thing.

You do also need to be mindful about why you are taking what. Taking way too many antioxidants can actually become oxidizing, the opposite of the intended effect. So more isn’t always better. This is probably more of a megadosing issue though.

I do always try to keep my antioxidants several hours away from either side of my training generally. It’s not going to totally undo the work obviously, but as best practice I try not to intentionally interrupt that desired inflammatory response to training I worked for. I don’t think eating blueberries in my preWO oats is going to ruin my gains, but if I train in the morning I do take my Curcumin in the evening, or vice versa.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SirVigorusMuffdive Anabolics 1
Supplements 21
Supplements 10
jtmartin18 Anabolics 0
35 and Older 26