What are best elbow sleeves and why

Whriley67

Awards
hoping it’s ok to ask… but I have neoprene elbow sleeves… they aren’t holding up well. Would like something with better support, that also “aids” the lift. I’m looking to all who care to share. What they wear (brand) and why that brand so I can figure out what to get that will work and last.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel like @Hyde probably has an opinion on this...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cerberus, SBD, Iron Rebel all brands I would be looking at. They all make neoprene, but Cerberus also has a multiply woven material that assists with the lift more. Lifting Large also carries sleeves like this.

Rehband makes the longest lasting neoprene gear I have ever seen. I still have a pair of the traditional blue ones going strong 5 years later.

Cerberus makes cuffs you can put around the elbow if you can get the sizing right, and so does Iron Rebel.

Whriley67

Awards
Thank you for all that info and detail! Much appreciated!

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
hoping it’s ok to ask… but I have neoprene elbow sleeves… they aren’t holding up well. Would like something with better support, that also “aids” the lift. I’m looking to all who care to share. What they wear (brand) and why that brand so I can figure out what to get that will work and last.
I dislike mark bell as a person, but he makes great stuff, I have a set of "strong sleeves" that are good support, and a set of "extreme X" sleeves that aid in the lift as well as give normal support

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dislike mark bell as a person, but he makes great stuff, I have a set of "strong sleeves" that are good support, and a set of "extreme X" sleeves that aid in the lift as well as give normal support
Maybe he changed some stuff, but a lot of people I knew years ago got his first sleeves and they all lost their stitching faster than even Amazon junk. Crazy low quality. Between that and his poor ethics that was kind of it for me with him.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe he changed some stuff, but a lot of people I knew years ago got his first sleeves and they all lost their stitching faster than even Amazon junk. Crazy low quality. Between that and his poor ethics that was kind of it for me with him.
Oh yeah, way back he had super crappy stuff, I had stitching blow out too on some old sleeves... But honestly I've had stitching come out on SBD, iron rebel, and rehband too so I don't really hold it against him. Technically they still worked haha

The poor ethics and the fact that he acts like a giant 5 year old all the time just annoy me

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have Rehband knee sleeves that are about 3 years old and still look new

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have Rehband knee sleeves that are about 3 years old and still look new
This is the only brand I’ve never seen stitching come out of. Mine are 6 years old I think and still what I squat in weekly when not getting ready for a meet. I use Cerberus or Iron Rebel before that since they give a little pop, but they do wear stitching out eventually.