Answered What age (if any) do you consider too old to run anabolics?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just curious as age creeps up on me (currently 41), what age (if any) do you consider one too old to run anabolics without a high degree of increased risk? I have heard of people running them in their fifties. What about sixties or even seventies if sides are manageable and the individual is blessed with relative good health (no high blood pressure, good liver values, and good cholesterol readings)?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Usually if one is older, TRT, which is anabolics is actually beneficial to older men. The decline of testosterone is unhealthy for men.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As long as your lipids and BP etc are normal before starting and stopping I see no reason why you can’t run them forever.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As long as your lipids and BP etc are normal before starting and stopping I see no reason why you can’t run them forever.
Except for the enlarging of the organs lol.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LVH though, they do that.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Usually if one is older, TRT, which is anabolics is actually beneficial to older men. The decline of testosterone is unhealthy for men.
Yes, but there is a big difference between a person taking trt dosages of test to fix low t as opposed to running a cycle in terms of it being “healthy” for you. My opinion though is run cycles no matter what the age as long as you have no high blood pressure (even if you had this one could still run some Sarms) and as long as lipids and vital organs such as kidney’s and liver are healthy. That is what I plan to do.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well your heart will enlarge a bit yes because it’s a muscle as well. Everything else should stay relatively the same as long as you take proper time off between runs and you don’t way over do it

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just curious as age creeps up on me (currently 41), what age (if any) do you consider one too old to run anabolics without a high degree of increased risk? I have heard of people running them in their fifties. What about sixties or even seventies if sides are manageable and the individual is blessed with relative good health (no high blood pressure, good liver values, and good cholesterol readings)?
Im guessing it's the other way around, the older you are the less likely you are to have issues. Im sure older people will get sick or die while on gear but not necessarily FROM the gear, it's just that people get old and stuff happens. The way i see it, when you are younger, chances are you will have a higher natural anabolic state, which means anything you use to get you further is pushing you up much higher, relatively.

When you are 65 for example, you could find something to give you quite a boost and you would still be below what a natural 25yo might be at. Now if you are talking about a static amount of gear, like doing 1g of something at 25 vs 1g at 65, yea i'd guess the older you are, the less your body can handle it. Cells get old and lose their strength, but i think smart enhancement (smart, ie not doing what pro BB do) when you get older is a good idea, it can actually prevent a lot of issues tied to age related hormone reduction.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As long as your healthy and run proper pct, the call is yours

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd imagine there's a reason you don't see many guys in their 70s and 80's at 250+ lbs, or even 200+ lbs.

A lot of pros looked great right up through their 50s and 60s and then shrunk massively overnight, which I suspect is from dropping gear due to health reasons.

The exceptions are the likes of Arnold and Stallone, probably because it's a lot easier to stay both big and healthy when you have unlimited resources.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'd imagine there's a reason you don't see many guys in their 70s and 80's at 250+ lbs, or even 200+ lbs.

A lot of pros looked great right up through their 50s and 60s and then shrunk massively overnight, which I suspect is from dropping gear due to health reasons.

The exceptions are the likes of Arnold and Stallone, probably because it's a lot easier to stay both big and healthy when you have unlimited resources.
It's also possible it's just a time factor. Maybe doing massive amounts of AAS for 3 or 4 decades is the limit, and those guys started as teens and so by the time they are 50, they have used up their currency. Somebody else who started at 30 or 40 hasn't racked up the same mileage by the time hey are 50. Just a thought.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I have very high BP, it is what it is, what are the reasons everyone is mentioning “as long as you don’t have high BP”? I’ve come to the conclusion I won’t die old, my body just isn’t made for the long haul and quite honestly I rather my prime be now than when I’m an old man so I don’t have a problem with it. I’m researching TRT as I certainly have symptoms of low T but there’s still a lot I have to learn before I get to that point. So why would high BP not make me a good candidate?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have very high BP, it is what it is, what are the reasons everyone is mentioning “as long as you don’t have high BP”? I’ve come to the conclusion I won’t die old, my body just isn’t made for the long haul and quite honestly I rather my prime be now than when I’m an old man so I don’t have a problem with it. I’m researching TRT as I certainly have symptoms of low T but there’s still a lot I have to learn before I get to that point. So why would high BP not make me a good candidate?
High Bp puts stress on the heart, AAS are known for a few things such as increasing red blood cell count (puts stress on the heart), increasing fluid retention (increases Bp), and LV wall thickening.

Now if you have clogged arteries or veins and your Bp goes too high you could kick a blood clot of plaque build up loose and it could travel down your legs or arms, or up to your lungs at which point it really blocks off an artery or vein and now you don’t get blood flow to the area. So now the area starts to die and it hurts like hell while it does and you can’t use it because it hurts and eventually you either lose function of the limb because every time you use it, it runs out of oxygen or can’t get enough to function at any usable capacity. So now you die a slow painful death because you can’t work out or walk, or breathe because one of your lungs died, or you had a stroke etc.

But that’s okay because 2 years ago you looked amazing and didn’t think about the consequences cause you wanted to get swole.

Just saying, I’ve seen it happen

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Or I can walk outside my house and be hit by a car and die.

In the words of John Gotti, it’s better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep. The end will be swift and hard for me. It’s my reality unfortunately. Living with low t symptoms is a major bummer, I have low libido, ED-like bouts, irritability and fatigue. I’m thinking TRT May be the way to go. No one lives forever dude, I hate to be the first one to break it to you.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You're entitled to that opinion, but it is easy to think that way when you're young, not so much when you're in your 50's or 60's and less concerned with building muscle and more interested in seeing your kids graduate, get married, spend time with your grandkids, etc.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you are interested in living this lifestyle, you should really trouble yourself to do a little research.
There is a difference in dying younger doing something that you are passionate about, and dying younger than you should have because you didn't bother to do a little reading.

And you keep referring to TRT. The title says "Anabolics". Those are different subjects.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Oh I clearly thought this was a thread involving TRT especially since someone else mentioned it, which is why I kept referring to it. Rereading the OP and I see now what he actually meant. My bad! Yeah I definitely wouldn’t run a cycle, if i were to pursue test it’s be under the guidance of a Doc. I wanna be the best me but not that badly.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Or I can walk outside my house and be hit by a car and die.

In the words of John Gotti, it’s better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep. The end will be swift and hard for me. It’s my reality unfortunately. Living with low t symptoms is a major bummer, I have low libido, ED-like bouts, irritability and fatigue. I’m thinking TRT May be the way to go. No one lives forever dude, I hate to be the first one to break it to you.
I totally agree. If there's a way to lessen the symptoms by all means it should be done, but not at the expense of happiness. If you think you have low T, i say go get checked. I had many symptoms for several years now. I read up on lots of info and much of it fit what i was experiencing. Hair on lower legs and arms was thinning or completely gone, i was crabby often, fatigue, ED, super tired during the day but couldn't actually sleep at night. Weight gain. Brain fog. Poor memory.

At one point i tried out sarms and they helped a bit with my lifting but still weren't great and they didn't fix anything else. When i got my bloods done recently i was at 34 TT and 9 free. GH was low, DHT was low, estradiol was low. I was on the end of a low dose LGD cycle but i can tell you by how i felt my T had been super low for a while. Just took my week 2 shot this morning and i feel so much better, great work outs at the gym, and it hasn't even fully kicked in yet.

The only marker that was poor on my bloods was my cholesterol was a bit high at 295, likely from the LGD, which i stopped that day and won't do any more probably. My doc prescribed me B12 tabs to try first for my cholesterol, so we will see how that goes.

Just keep close with your doc and read up on things you can do to help BP. Diet changes can help that a lot.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The day they put me into the ground. Sorry but I have no plans to be a weak old decrepit codger. I feel so sorry for old people, not a way to live if you ask me.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
That’s a great attitude to have. While I don’t do and have never done AAS I too don’t want to grow into a decrepit old person that no one wants to visit or that ppl have to look after. I don’t want to be 90. Even 80. Granted I probably won’t live that long anyway with my BP but I just want a few years after retirement. Then I’ll get bored doing nothing and be ready to call it quits by 70. If I live past 70 I’d be surprised.