Unanswered What’s Your Favorite Probiotic Strain

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A lot of us take mixed strain probiotics daily for a variety of reasons. I’m curious to hear if anyone has researched/complied singular strains that may be better suited for individual purposes than commercially available multi-strain products.

One I came across that seems interesting:

B. coagulans GBI-30, 6086 - Improves protein absorption and utilization. Shown to increase EAA absorption, including leucine absorption by 20%. Reduces DOMS/enhances recovery. I’m surprised this hasn’t popped up in more protein powders or EAA products.

I’ve used LactoSpore as well, as part of a digestive enzyme/probiotic product.

What’s your favorite individual probiotic strain?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Should be an interesting thread. I know that Par knows a ton about this subject.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t experimented much with single probiotic strains. Lactospore is the only one and it didn’t cut it for me.

The only multi strain probiotic products that have worked for me has been Evomuse Gut Health and Flora Adult Probiotics.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t experimented much with single probiotic strains. Lactospore is the only one and it didn’t cut it for me.

The only multi strain probiotic products that have worked for me has been Evomuse Gut Health and Flora Adult Probiotics.
I 2nd the Gut health. been using it for years never switched

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Yeah, I’m not sure how LactoSpore is on its own as I’ve only used it as part of a digestive enzyme complex

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I’m not sure how LactoSpore is on its own as I’ve only used it as part of a digestive enzyme complex
Mine was in a greens product I used.

This is an interesting topic and one Id wager is the “next hot thing” in supplements.

We had a noot trend and now a bit more of an Adaptogen trend, with gut health being such a hot topic now I bet more companies jump in (look at what Finaflex has done with a few of there products).

While I don’t want to discount gut health, I don’t look forward to the claims I can see coming from companies haha

Anecdotally my own gut health seems fine and I haven’t seen major improvements with the few things I’ve tried, but I eat very healthy, work out hard, and stay in good body composition levels so I wonder if I don’t “need” much help here (or do I?). 🤷‍♂️

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mine was in a greens product I used.

This is an interesting topic and one Id wager is the “next hot thing” in supplements.

We had a noot trend and now a bit more of an Adaptogen trend, with gut health being such a hot topic now I bet more companies jump in (look at what Finaflex has done with a few of there products).

While I don’t want to discount gut health, I don’t look forward to the claims I can see coming from companies haha

Anecdotally my own gut health seems fine and I haven’t seen major improvements with the few things I’ve tried, but I eat very healthy, work out hard, and stay in good body composition levels so I wonder if I don’t “need” much help here (or do I?). 🤷‍♂️
You're 100% right this will be the next thing. Gut health is so important and most have a pretty messed up system. Also right about how companies will likely stretch the truth on a lot of claims and use poor strains to back the claims in products.