What’s the most boring and crappiest place to live or visit in the US?

desibaba

Awards
I’m thinking along the lines of very tiny towns in areas like Wyoming, Alaska or the Dakotas where there is next to nothing to do.

In your travels or adventures what was the most boring place you visited or have travelled to in the United States where you couldn’t wait to get out of?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m the opposite I love the small towns in places, ironically your worst 3 are my top ones lol.

List of places I could do without being back to, south Texas (Laredo/ Zapata/the valley area) eastern Colorado, parts of New Mexico, most large cities just not a city guy don’t like traffic or mass amounts of people. I’m sure there’s more just had these in mind at the time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m the opposite I love the small towns in places, ironically your worst 3 are my top ones lol.

List of places I could do without being back to, south Texas (Laredo/ Zapata/the valley area) eastern Colorado, parts of New Mexico, most large cities just not a city guy don’t like traffic or mass amounts of people. I’m sure there’s more just had these in mind at the time.
Great minds think alike.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm sure if you go down south on the east coast you can find some hillbilly swamp people ghost towns

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm sure if you go down south on the east coast you can find some hillbilly swamp people ghost towns
I was just about to say, where I'm from in south central Mississippi pretty much every town except Hattiesburg is a perfect choice. They even have dry counties(no alcohol whatsoever).

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yep, and on the opposite spectrum -

New York city is probably the most boring place. Too busy to go outside without risking your life in some way, too expensive, too dirty, a ton of crime, etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep, and on the opposite spectrum -

New York city is probably the most boring place. Too busy to go outside without risking your life in some way, too expensive, too dirty, a ton of crime, etc.
Boring is definitely not the correct choice of words

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
True. Not so much boring, just so crazy you may become bored due to avoidance lol
You just have to know where your going, there's a million things to, especially if your out for food and shopping.
Op is looking for a place where there's literally nothing going on. Like you couldn't find something to do no matter how hard you tried.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

same here i love small towns

i live in upstate/western NY .. mid size i would say alot of parks, and closest tourist place we have is niagra falls

i would love to go live in even a smaller town .. have lived in big cities like boston .. its fun when your young but afterwards your like leave me alone people, i just wanna gym and rest lol

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lived in North Dakota for many years & just recently moved further south.

I can confirm that North Dakota is really boring. It's flat (with the exception of the western end of the state), there's very little to do unless you love going to the bar and the winters are brutal. To be fair, the economy is good and the crime rate is low.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I can confirm that North Dakota is really boring. It's flat (with the exception of the western end of the state), there's very little to do unless you love going to the bar and the winters are brutal. To be fair, the economy is good and the crime rate is low.
yeah if you can find a decent paying competitive jobs in those kind of small towns .. to me thats my dream come true

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah if you can find a decent paying competitive jobs in those kind of small towns .. to me thats my dream come true
For sure. Lots of opportunity in the town I just left; Grand Forks. It's a border town of ND/MN. Roughly 60k people. Pretty easy going life over there, just not much for scenery... and its the second coldest city in the states, so hopefully you enjoy -40 degree temps 😂

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sure. Lots of opportunity in the town I just left; Grand Forks. It's a border town of ND/MN. Roughly 60k people. Pretty easy going life over there, just not much for scenery... and its the second coldest city in the states, so hopefully you enjoy -40 degree temps 😂
really no scenery ? dont you see those beautiful mountains ( banff,canada border ) ?

I actually would love to move to montana .. never know what future holds.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You just have to know where your going, there's a million things to, especially if your out for food and shopping.
Op is looking for a place where there's literally nothing going on. Like you couldn't find something to do no matter how hard you tried.
Once you have been stabbed and pushed on to the subway rail and are dead…. There is nothing really going on anymore 🤠

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
really no scenery ? dont you see those beautiful mountains ( banff,canada border ) ?
No mountains in sight. In fact, its so flat, you could physically watch your dog run away for two days straight lol. I hear the western end of ND is all hills, just never made it in that direction. I have a handful of friends who graduated and moved to Montana, they all seem to like it there.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

There’s a girl behind every tree in ND

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My family once drove through Gary, Indiana on our way to visit family not knowing anything about Gary. This was back in the early 90s. When we got home from our 2-3 week road trip Gary was on the news with some 200+ car police raid across the city lol. every house and store had bars on the windows, that's about all I remember.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Once you have been stabbed and pushed on to the subway rail and are dead…. There is nothing really going on anymore 🤠
I'll take my chances, you could walk out your front door tomorrow trip fall in a puddle hit your head and drowned but I'm not going to be scared of puddles. I go to New York several times a year and have never had a problem not once other than when I wandered into Washington heights as a teenager. But outside of that all of my other trips to New York over the last 15 years or so have been fantastic

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also live in New London CT, we have a higher crime rate and homicide rate in relation to the population size then 78% of the country according to statistics. Chances of being involved in a violent crime or murdered are 1 out of 46 lol, maybe my perspective is skewed🤷

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also live in New London CT, we have a higher crime rate and homicide rate in relation to the population size then 78% of the country according to statistics. Chances of being involved in a violent crime or murdered are 1 out of 46 lol, maybe my perspective is skewed🤷
I’d rather take my chances with the grizzlies lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can’t remember if North Dakota is also state tax free? That’s one fact I love about South Dakota is no state income tax, car registration Is reasonable sales tax is reasonable.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll take my chances, you could walk out your front door tomorrow trip fall in a puddle hit your head and drowned but I'm not going to be scared of puddles. I go to New York several times a year and have never had a problem not once other than when I wandered into Washington heights as a teenager. But outside of that all of my other trips to New York over the last 15 years or so have been fantastic
Being street smart is a thing, usually criminals take the low hanging fruit. I don't enjoy the crime infested areas like Seattle/SF anymore, but I don't avoid it because I think I'll be shot upon entry. I could still go party in the city and be fine. I'd just be walking around piss and needles and bums.