Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Protein is food. For a powder it's a personal preference on taste outside of the quality being higher with a whey isolate. The large majority of supplement companies buy there powder from the same suppliers

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to drink a lot of the Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide - I remember them being the first to really make a great Lemon Cream Pie flavor taste good.

It had around 8 carbs and 9 grams of fat with 18 grams protein or so if I remember correctly.

I prefer to go for higher protein on my shakes and then get my carbs or fats if I want them from other sources, whether food or adding things like flaxseeds or something else to my shakes.

Ultra Peptide 2.0 was a Micellar Casein and Whey Isolate blend.

My favorite proteins are:

Micellar Casein & Whey Protein Isolate Blend:

Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein

Whey Isolate:

Ketogenics Iso Whey

Whey/Egg/Casein Mix:

Trutein

For me personally, I normally use the Ketogenics proteins that I mentioned above because I like the taste and mixability and you can use less liquid based on taste preferences. I'm more of a make a shake and use as little liquid as possible and chug it type of person. Plus, I use more shakes a day than most people bc I have some food allergies that limit my dietary choices.

I do like the taste of Trutein and that was what I had actually switched to from Ultra Peptide back in the day. The problem for me personally is that it requires more liquid and is very filling - which for some people may be a great thing; but not for me, which is why I use the Ketogenics ones now.

I'm also very picky of which brands I use because I have the non-celiac autoimmune sensitivity to gluten so I have to be very careful about cross contamination. I unfortunately know from experience that some brands that claim to be gluten free definitely aren't or at least don't control the cross contamination aspects well; so the Ketogenics proteins for me were great when I found them because there are so many flavors that I can stay within one brand and pretty much never run out of options.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some of my favorites as far as flavor goes: GHOST Whey, Axe & Sledge Farm Fed Whey, Muscle Sport Lean Whey, Core Nutritionals Pro, Black Magic Supps Protein, Alpha Lion Super Human Protein

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sadly there still isn't anything close to UP 2.0, good luck trying to find a replacement

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thanks!

yep they nailed lcp and lemonade whey.
You're welcome.

I loved the lemon cream pie and I remember him and I emailing about that idea before he released it. There was another flavor that I was really trying to convince him to do and I think I almost had, if they had continued.

I think that you would be really pleased with any of the ones that I mentioned, but I saw that you mentioned you want a great tasting whey for oats and for that I would definitely go with either of the Ketogenics ones, but the Zero Carb is the one closest to the protein type from XF UP because its a micellar casein and whey blend.

The flavors for that one are:
  • Chocolate Milkshake
  • Cinnamon Roll
  • Unicorn Vanilla Milkshake
  • Iced Oatmeal Cookie
  • Strawberry Milk
  • Blackberry Milkshake
  • Hazelnut Ice Cream
  • Blueberry Donut
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Peach Cobbler
  • Unflavored
The flavors are so good that even my grandmother likes them. She's 92 and uses them in shakes and also just sprinkles some over her cereal. I just mentioned that because if it tastes good to a 92 yo female, its pretty good haha.

longhornsp

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You're welcome.

I loved the lemon cream pie and I remember him and I emailing about that idea before he released it. There was another flavor that I was really trying to convince him to do and I think I almost had, if they had continued.

I think that you would be really pleased with any of the ones that I mentioned, but I saw that you mentioned you want a great tasting whey for oats and for that I would definitely go with either of the Ketogenics ones, but the Zero Carb is the one closest to the protein type from XF UP because its a micellar casein and whey blend.

The flavors for that one are:
  • Chocolate Milkshake
  • Cinnamon Roll
  • Unicorn Vanilla Milkshake
  • Iced Oatmeal Cookie
  • Strawberry Milk
  • Blackberry Milkshake
  • Hazelnut Ice Cream
  • Blueberry Donut
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Peach Cobbler
  • Unflavored
The flavors are so good that even my grandmother likes them. She's 92 and uses them in shakes and also just sprinkles some over her cereal. I just mentioned that because if it tastes good to a 92 yo female, its pretty good haha.
Lol! Peach sounds good 👍

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol! Peach sounds good 👍
That is one of the only ones I haven't personally tried because I'm not a fan of Peach Cobbler, BUT my daughter loves that flavor and its one of my Grandma's favorite flavors of it so I would think it has to be great for them to like it, especially my grandmother. She makes it with milk and also sprinkles it on Cheerio's.

The Strawberry Milk is incredibly good, like surprisingly good. I'm used to strawberry pretty much just be strawberry - you know, a basic flavor that it what it is. I like strawberry but don't get excited about strawberry if that makes sense. This one was surprisingly good.

I like the Blackberry Milkshake one. I was hesitant to try that one but it was really good. It's not as strong of a flavor as most of their flavors, but I could see that being a great thing mixing with oatmeal. I actually haven't tried mixing it in oatmeal but am going to now, I'd just never thought about it before.

I checked their site to see if they had the sampler packet set back available and they do now, so that might be a good way to go for you to figure out which ones you like the best.

healthyboot

healthyboot

Awards
When choosing a protein powder, you’ll want to consider several factors, including:

• Protein source: Supplement contain either animal-based or plant-based protein sources. Examples of animal-based proteins include casein, whey, collagen, soy, and egg. Plant-based protein powders often contain pea, rice, or hemp protein. Some vegan blends also contain whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
  • Additional ingredients: Look for protein powders that have as few ingredients as possible. Always check the labels carefully, and consider avoiding products containing artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors.
  • Quality testing: Because the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t evaluate the safety, equality, or effectiveness of protein powders, it’s best to choose products that are third-party tested to ensure purity and potency.
  • Safe for sport: Competitive athletes may also want to choose a protein powder that has been tested for banned substances by an organization like NSF International or Informed-Sport.

Last edited: