What’s the best powelrbuilding program I can do?

icrackaboy

Awards
Hello everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve lifted. A lot of stuff happened in my life the past 2 years. With the pandemic going on around the world, I’ve been grateful enough to have a home gym while I social distance.

I have dumbbells, Olympia bar, curling bars, pull up bars and a dip station. I pretty much have everything I need.

My current maxes are as follows.

Deadlift 405, Bench Press 235, and Squat is 345.
Is there a specific power building program out there that I can do to help me build power and size? I am only 5’10 170 pounds, 21 years old. I have my diet down and all of my macros. I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to keep it so simple, but it is simple. Eat enough to gain weight slowly while you add reps / weight. There are lots of powerlifting programs you can follow so as to not overtrain and to hit peaks every 12 weeks or so. Figure whatever conditioning you need for your body to make weak points bullet proof so your body can adapt to ever heavier weights and recover (ie. lunges, tons of band work, ropes etc.. etc.. ).

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^that + whatever program you buy into, can stick to over the long term, and make progressive increases in load and/or volume with is the best program for you. Juggercube, Lilly’s cube, a program from beyond 5/3/1, 5th set, one of the programs from Blane Sumner’s book are all good options. Im sure im missing several others from that list as like ptlhains said there are a ton of programs out there.

You could also read up on RTS’ site and make your own program or use their generalized intermediate program as a base.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you don't mind spending a little (less than 30 a month) you could look into the Juggernaut Powerbuilding AI System.

In general I think you can make it work with some of the popular powerlifting plans out there, but in general I think they tend to be a bit too low of volume for hypertrophy for some (again this is variable of training cycle goals, timing, etc.).

Therefore something like the Juggernaut plan may be better to help manage that. If goals are more on the strength side then some of the popular plans are likely highly viable.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think Jeff nippard is coming out with one in a few weeks.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Michael Mathews has a book with a one year program outlined for powerbuilding. It is called The Year One Challenge For Men. I am actually doing now and enjoying it and seeing nice results as well.