What’s everyone’s favorite protein?

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Right now I’m using raw itholate vanilla frosted oatmeal cookie and it’s delicious. The flavor is a bit mild, but it’s still very good. I’ve used ghost protein chips ahoy flavor, and it’s like eating the cookie bits at the bottom of a glass of milk that you were dunking chips ahoy in - absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, it’s just a bit high in calories for me.

So what is everyone’s favorite protein?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mutant Pro in Banana Cream flavor is one I have been using for a couple years now with total satisfaction…digests awesome with the added enzymes, 120 cal for 24g protein, mixes really well and also stirs easily into hot oatmeal or cold yogurt.

Last edited:
Steuss

Steuss

Awards
True Nutrition. Have a couple custom blends saved, depending on mood and goals. Right now is a collagen heavy mix.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve been really enjoying the Ghost proteins lately. Mixed with baby rice cereal and a little water, makes amazing protein sludge. Microwave it for a short time and it turns to a half cooked muffin like consistency.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are my top choices for quality and taste...I am a huge cookie/bday cake/waffle protein fan so take that into consideration.

PEScience - Cake Pop, Snickerdoodle, White Choc Macadamia nut, chocolate cupcake
Ryse - Skippy PB, Marshmallow, Bday Cake Marshammlow (very similar, only real dif is sprinkles)
Raw / CBUM - Birthday Cake, Waffle & Maple Syrup
Ghost - OG Cereal milk

Honorable mention - Dymatize Fruity Pebbles

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
GHOST, MuscleSport Whey, Alpha Lion Super Human Whey, PES Select, Core Nutritionals Pro, Black Magic Supps Protein, Axe & Sledge Farm Fed Whey, RYSE Whey... all quite tasty, I tend to splurge/try new flavors during sales haha.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mts whey for me and I've tried them all. The bucked up swole whip is really good as of late

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Perfect sports isolate. It's fantastic, flavors are great, naturally sweetened, new Zealand grass fed whey.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ghost
Dymatize iso 100
Pescience Select

Theyre expensive, but their good flavours are simply in a different league to other cheaper alternatives.
I've got some dymatize iso 100 on it's way to me now! Excited to have some in stock for me!

Reactions: Nac
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are my top choices for quality and taste...I am a huge cookie/bday cake/waffle protein fan so take that into consideration.

PEScience - Cake Pop, Snickerdoodle, White Choc Macadamia nut, chocolate cupcake
Ryse - Skippy PB, Marshmallow, Bday Cake Marshammlow (very similar, only real dif is sprinkles)
Raw / CBUM - Birthday Cake, Waffle & Maple Syrup
Ghost - OG Cereal milk

Honorable mention - Dymatize Fruity Pebbles
The CBUM Waffle & Maple is on my list to try.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I use Rule 1 protein. I started using it two years ago after their New Years sale.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Currently running MTS WHEY Red Velvet and MTS ISOLATE Chocolate. I really wanted Vanilla and Choc but both out of stock.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whatever I can get for around $10/lb or less. Allmax Gold 5lb cookies n cream was on sale on Amazon for $46 last time around. Tastes pretty good. It's nearly jaw-dropping how much protein powders have increased in price. 5lb jugs were routinely $30-35 when I started lifting in high school.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Nutrabio Muscle Matrix Protein doesn’t always get mentioned and deserves more recognition
The alpine vanilla one tastes GOOD
Dymatize’s birthday cake is also amazing. Feels like having some dessert

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nutrabio Muscle Matrix Protein doesn’t always get mentioned and deserves more recognition
The alpine vanilla one tastes GOOD
Dymatize’s birthday cake is also amazing. Feels like having some dessert
If I buy local and not online I get the NutraBio. The strawberry flavor is on point!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anyone ever try Nature’s Research?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will usually only drink whey isolate and I've been trying to avoid sucralose when I can (which is used in most of them). I've found Isopure to hit all of these for me.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My favorite whey isolate is Ketogenics IsoWhey.

My favorite whey isolate/micellar blends are Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein and Trutein.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If money weren't an issue, I'd be all over PES Select 100% of the time, lol but being that it is will usually grab Myprotein, VS brand protein and Revolution Nutrition High Whey when any of those are on sale, currently Rev Nutrition is having a BOGO half off sale, 12 lbs for $82 shipped

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So many products to check out!! I’m thinking of trying cbum waffles and syrup. That sounds delicious.

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My favorite whey isolate is Ketogenics IsoWhey.

My favorite whey isolate/micellar blends are Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein and Trutein.
I think I’ll check isowhey out as well, as Ive read the flavors are great.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think I’ll check isowhey out as well, as Ive read the flavors are great.
There are a few reasons I love IsoWhey - quality WPI, gluten free and no cross contamination issues like I've had with some, super easy on my stomach - but yes, the flavors are what really has me hooked on it because I actually enjoy drinking it and look forward to my shakes.

I commend those that can drink their shakes regardless of whether they love the flavors or not, but I've always been one that was prone to miss shakes if I didn't really, really like the flavors. And with IsoWhey, they're great.

All of the flavors are good so a person's favorite would come down to what flavors someone likes best in general; but my favorites are Chocolate Cereal Milk, Fruity Cereal, Cinnamon Cereal Milk, and Strawberry Shortcake - which is one of the only strawberry flavored protein I've ever tried that I like. It's a treat bc ever since becoming allergic to gluten, I can't eat the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars anymore - and drinking that flavor is the closest I've come to that since 2011 when the gluten allergy started.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For anyone that is not aware, Optimum Nutrition makes Bodytech, which is the Vitamin shoppe "house brand", meaning the bodytech protein = optimum nutrition gold standard. They are identical. It is usually a bit cheaper and they almost have some kind of BOGO50 sale going on.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also forgot to add I also love Prtozyme by Metabolic Nutrition, specifically the PB cookie, and the vanilla cake, and I also like all flavors of Quest. Quest makes great protein too.

Caliguns45

Awards
I've been using titan nutrition whey the last few months. Devils food cake tastes like nesquik and strawberry sorbet is just awesome.

Stopstalking2

Stopstalking2

Awards
My stomach hates protein powders, I do true nutrition peptropro and hydrolized whey ultra grade 50/50 blend and have zero digestion issues

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My favorite is Musclesport Lean Whey, really can't beat the flavors and the mix ins. But the price is expensive. Just finished up a tub of Ryse Moon Pie, and the flavor was pretty spot on with chocolate marshmallow. If it had bits of Graham crackers, it would be perfect. So will definitely be giving them another shot soon. Since a few people in here mentioned maple, I just picked up a bottle of MRE lite waffles & syrup, so will report back! And I always seem to have a tub of ON whey, just as back up.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All flavors of Beverly UMP. Can't go wrong with them.

Core is also very good with all their flavors.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also wanted to mention I’ve been incorporating NOW Foods Egg White powder as well in my blended mass shake most days (which will include Fairlife milk and a scoop of flavored whey). Zero flavoring, dyes, or anything else. It does not shake up well, but blends perfectly, it’s a diverse high quality protein source and actually much cheaper than a high quality whey per g.

Makes whatever you blend it into slightly custard flavored, and it digests well.

For anyone that is not aware, Optimum Nutrition makes Bodytech, which is the Vitamin shoppe "house brand", meaning the bodytech protein = optimum nutrition gold standard. They are identical. It is usually a bit cheaper and they almost have some kind of BOGO50 sale going on.
Yeah, I bought a few tubs of Bodytech from VS last Black Friday - this is one of the very best prices you’ll possibly find for Gold Standard level quality. Like Optimum, taste is so-so, but the price for 5lb tubs was absolutely insanely good bang for buck in today’s market.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also wanted to mention I’ve been incorporating NOW Foods Egg White powder as well in my blended mass shake most days (which will include Fairlife milk and a scoop of flavored whey). Zero flavoring, dyes, or anything else. It does not shake up well, but blends perfectly, it’s a diverse high quality protein source and actually much cheaper than a high quality whey per g.

Makes whatever you blend it into slightly custard flavored, and it digests well.

Yeah, I bought a few tubs of Bodytech from VS last Black Friday - this is one of the very best prices you’ll possibly find for Gold Standard level quality. Like Optimum, taste is so-so, but the price for 5lb tubs was absolutely insanely good bang for buck in today’s market.
What is the price point on egg white powder?
I had looked at the 5% Nutrition egg white crystals and it was not cost effective.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha that brings me back. 30 years ago or so there really wasnt much protein powder to get hold of back in Norway. So we went to the egg manufacturers and bought 10kg bags of eggwhite powder. It tasted horrible and didnt blend at all. We added chocolate milk and what ever we could to choke it down.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is the price point on egg white powder?
I had looked at the 5% Nutrition egg white crystals and it was not cost effective.
I’m seeing NOW 5lb tub available for $83 currently. I think I paid $74-78 if I recall. 30g is 24g protein yield. At 2,268g advertised in the container, that’s 75 servings of 24g & 120 calories. So if you pay what I did, about $1 for that serving size.

This for me was a great alternative to remove whole eggs from my diet for a bit but still retain the benefits of a diverse, high-quality protein source with no artificial sweeteners or anything added.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man I'm not sure I even care. My wife does grab the premade muscle milk lite singles for me at costco like 24 at a time and the price per serving works out cheaper than the powdered. I've read YEARS ago that muscle milk was the worst for toxicity (mercury content). If I go on a cut I'll probably make protein a bigger priority in my life but right now I mostly only use it intraworkout

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m seeing NOW 5lb tub available for $83 currently. I think I paid $74-78 if I recall. 30g is 24g protein yield. At 2,268g advertised in the container, that’s 75 servings of 24g & 120 calories. So if you pay what I did, about $1 for that serving size.

This for me was a great alternative to remove whole eggs from my diet for a bit but still retain the benefits of a diverse, high-quality protein source with no artificial sweeteners or anything added.
You really can’t beat that price per serving!!!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
man I'm not sure I even care. My wife does grab the premade muscle milk lite singles for me at costco like 24 at a time and the price per serving works out cheaper than the powdered. I've read YEARS ago that muscle milk was the worst for toxicity (mercury content). If I go on a cut I'll probably make protein a bigger priority in my life but right now I mostly only use it intraworkout

View attachment 235602
Costco, get the 30g Fairlife instead. Maybe more money but better quality. Tastes good too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

View attachment 235602
In all fairness to them, they aren't owned by the same company now. I don't use Muscle Milk, but I wouldn't be worried about using it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Costco, get the 30g Fairlife instead. Maybe more money but better quality. Tastes good too.
We don't have a Costco here, but Sam's has great pricing on the 30 gram Fairlife. And agree, tastes great.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We don't have a Costco here, but Sam's has great pricing on the 30 gram Fairlife. And agree, tastes great.
Yeah, Sams has it as well. Also, at least where I live, sells out quite a bit.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are in the market for egg white protein, Jay Robb is unbeatable, also Bodytech now makes an egg white protein, which is, as mentioned above, cheaper than most. Gaspari had an egg white for a while not sure if they still do or not. I don't hate Gaspari, but I feel like with as many options there are out there, why go back to a company that already was found to be spiking? That said their original PB myofusion was pretty dang good.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are in the market for egg white protein, Jay Robb is unbeatable, also Bodytech now makes an egg white protein, which is, as mentioned above, cheaper than most. Gaspari had an egg white for a while not sure if they still do or not. I don't hate Gaspari, but I feel like with as many options there are out there, why go back to a company that already was found to be spiking? That said their original PB myofusion was pretty dang good.
Apollon also has an egg white protein... I've snagged the White Chocolate flavor in the past, wasn't bad.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
All flavors of Beverly UMP. Can't go wrong with them.

Core is also very good with all their flavors.
Hands down the best CnC I’ve ever had
Can’t even believe what I’m having is protein powder

uncle-rico

Awards
PEScience Gourmet Vanilla is like a drug to me 😍 I only drink it on the weekend as a treat.

Another one for special occasions is swiss chocolate gourmet protein from bodybuilding depot (german brand). Insanely rich and dark chocolate flavor, unlike anything you ever tasted. More than 50% of the ingredients are different kinds of cocoa powders! Protein is only 50g/100g. It's purely made for the taste, with no compromises.

For everyday use I use the new natural whey line from HPN (also german brand). Very nice natural flavors, not too sweet. It has no thickeners, which I prefer when I use it in my porridge.

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Currently ON Whey and the Fairlife 30g premade bottles because both are convenient and at Costco.

I used to eat a ton of protein powders and had tons of flavors, etc. Then went a period of time only getting my protein from whole foods.

After not using them for so long I felt overwhelmed by how many options there are now and not trusting of so many brands.

If I do decide to branch out it will probably be back to one of my old reliables like PES Select or when SNS finally releases one (I do want to try Ketogenics powders too).

At the end of the day I’m glad there’s more options and better flavoring nowadays, I’ll never get the taste of the old Myoplex packets out of my mind. 😅

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone tried Pescience

....cafe series coffee flavours?
....protein4 oats maple syrup?

Ive tried other brands coffee flavours and none have been any good.