Weird Anavar Sides?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A while back I posted that my partner was having some side effects from the Anavar she was taking (12.5mg/day for seven days). She didn't really say what was going on, she just said she felt "bad" or "shitty".

I took the same Anavar for approximately ten days at 100mg/day. I got awesome pumps, but it made me feel easily upset, tired, depressed, and suicidal! It was like all bad feelings had been turned up to 11! When I told her this, she said that's exactly how she felt, she just didn't want to say that, because she was embarrassed and wasn't positive it was the Anavar causing it.

I've done a bunch of searching and can't find any reference to anybody else having these sort of effects from Anavar. We tested it using the RoidTest kit and it is for sure Anavar. Anybody got an idea of what is happening?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A while back I posted that my partner was having some side effects from the Anavar she was taking (12.5mg/day for seven days). She didn't really say what was going on, she just said she felt "bad" or "shitty".

I took the same Anavar for approximately ten days at 100mg/day. I got awesome pumps, but it made me feel easily upset, tired, depressed, and suicidal! It was like all bad feelings had been turned up to 11! When I told her this, she said that's exactly how she felt, she just didn't want to say that, because she was embarrassed and wasn't positive it was the Anavar causing it.

I've done a bunch of searching and can't find any reference to anybody else having these sort of effects from Anavar. We tested it using the RoidTest kit and it is for sure Anavar. Anybody got an idea of what is happening?
Probably tanking cortisol. Usually presents as lethargy tho, not as extreme as you experienced

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long did it take each of u to feel bad? I'm wondering if there's superdrol in there since it was implied that it happened quickly to both of u. The roidtest doesn't rule out other compounds.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long did it take each of u to feel bad? I'm wondering if there's superdrol in there since it was implied that it happened quickly to both of u. The roidtest doesn't rule out other compounds.
This happened within a few days. I persisted for almost two weeks hoping it would go away, but it just got worse! A week past discontinuation and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yah roidtest only tells you that there is Anavar in the powder. Could be just a dusting.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hard to know for sure what's going on with your mental state while on AAS. Some people experience great and positive side effects, while others feel depressed or angry.

@Codybenz has been talking a lot about adding Proviron to cycles to add some much needed DHT which can act as a neurosteroid and have positive mental effects with very few androgenic sides and less SHGB and also acting as an anti-estrogen.

It could also be a lack of estrogen and just generally throwing off your normal HPTA axis that other, more potent AAS like testosterone give you, while Anavar is extremely weak in comparison. I read through some of the literature and I don't see any unusual complaints of people having problems like you. And if Roidtest says its Anavar, it's probably Anavar.

You might consider trying something else on your next cycle or stacking it with testosterone. IMO, women should not use steroids period, since the virilization effects are doing the complete opposite of what a woman's body would normally do physiologically. But, if your girl wants to use them, then Anavar is probably the only one safe enough for a woman to use.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hard to know for sure what's going on with your mental state while on AAS. Some people experience great and positive side effects, while others feel depressed or angry.

@Codybenz has been talking a lot about adding Proviron to cycles to add some much needed DHT which can act as a neurosteroid and have positive mental effects with very few androgenic sides and less SHGB and also acting as an anti-estrogen.

It could also be a lack of estrogen and just generally throwing off your normal HPTA axis that other, more potent AAS like testosterone give you, while Anavar is extremely weak in comparison. I read through some of the literature and I don't see any unusual complaints of people having problems like you. And if Roidtest says its Anavar, it's probably Anavar.

You might consider trying something else on your next cycle or stacking it with testosterone. IMO, women should not use steroids period, since the virilization effects are doing the complete opposite of what a woman's body would normally do physiologically. But, if your girl wants to use them, then Anavar is probably the only one safe enough for a woman to use.
I was doing roughly 500mg of test per week as well as 400iu of HCG and 10mg of MK-677.

I have retested the Anavar with the Roidtest kit and do believe there is something else in it. Hard to determine what it is though, since the reactions I'm getting don't match anything on their list.

I have Primo on the way. I'll be testing that on myself along with some Anavar from another source. If these two are good, I'll let her run a cycle.

She definitely did bulk up just from the two weeks (not consecutive) she ran the Anavar at 12.5mg/day!

The plan for my cycle is:

500mg Test E/wk 12 weeks
200mg Primo/wk last 8 weeks
50mg Anavar/day last 6 weeks
400mg HCG/wk 12 weeks
6iu HGH/day 12 weeks

Her cycle will be:

50mg Primo/wk
15mg Anavar/day

2 weeks on, 2 weeks off x4, then 4-6 month break til next cycle.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was doing roughly 500mg of test per week as well as 400iu of HCG and 10mg of MK-677.
Hmm, that's really weird then. Some people say the MK677 gives them negative mental sides, but I'm just speculating at this point. There's no reason you should have felt bad on a cycle like that. Do you have any underlying mental health issues?

I have retested the Anavar with the Roidtest kit and do believe there is something else in it. Hard to determine what it is though, since the reactions I'm getting don't match anything on their list.
Well, that does sound weird. I'll page @SwolenONE to see if he might be able to shed some light on it for you. He works for Molecular Nutrition, which is owned by William Llewellyn who also runs Roidtest.

The plan for my cycle is:

500mg Test E/wk 12 weeks
200mg Primo/wk last 8 weeks
50mg Anavar/day last 6 weeks
400mg HCG/wk 12 weeks
6iu HGH/day 12 weeks
I have to say that sounds like a pretty exotic and expensive cycle. You don't need 400mcg of HCG per week, 200mcg is plenty to keep your HPTA up and running. Are you trying to lean out or what are your goals? That is, if you want any recommendations or suggestions, if not, you don't have to answer.

Her cycle will be:

50mg Primo/wk
15mg Anavar/day

2 weeks on, 2 weeks off x4, then 4-6 month break til next cycle.
She could add some Clenbuterol to that. It would help burn off extra fat and it potentially acts as an anabolic through the 'mythical' beta3 receptors.

But read up on virilization, friend. If you've never seen a clitoris that looks like a miniature penis, I wouldn't recommend it. And those AAS can cause that, although that sounds like a fairly sensible dosage and cycle.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hmm, that's really weird then. Some people say the MK677 gives them negative mental sides, but I'm just speculating at this point. There's no reason you should have felt bad on a cycle like that. Do you have any underlying mental health issues?

Well, that does sound weird. I'll page @SwolenONE to see if he might be able to shed some light on it for you. He works for Molecular Nutrition, which is owned by William Llewellyn who also runs Roidtest.

I have to say that sounds like a pretty exotic and expensive cycle. You don't need 400mcg of HCG per week, 200mcg is plenty to keep your HPTA up and running. Are you trying to lean out or what are your goals? That is, if you want any recommendations or suggestions, if not, you don't have to answer.

She could add some Clenbuterol to that. It would help burn off extra fat and it potentially acts as an anabolic through the 'mythical' beta3 receptors.

But read up on virilization, friend. If you've never seen a clitoris that looks like a miniature penis, I wouldn't recommend it. And those AAS can cause that, although that sounds like a fairly sensible dosage and cycle.
I do have depression and anxiety, as does my partner. I stopped the MK before stopping the other stuff. I felt like the MK was actually helping me have less anxiety and didn't seem to affect me in any other way.

I meant 400iu of HCG. Should I drop that to 200iu/wk? I welcome any and all input! That's what we are here for, right?

My goal is to cut fat and keep the muscle I've got. Maybe add some, but I'm not trying to be greedy.

She will be taking Clen in the two off weeks. I guess I should have mentioned that she also takes Adderall and Ambien.

We will watch very closely for signs of virilization! She knows the risks and what to look out for. We are playing it pretty safe at these doses though, I think.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do have depression and anxiety, as does my partner. I stopped the MK before stopping the other stuff. I felt like the MK was actually helping me have less anxiety and didn't seem to affect me in any other way.
When you add hormones into a combination of anxiety and depression, you can absolutely have unwanted and unpleasant side effects. I too suffer from both those ailments and I'm doing my own version of TRT with 250mg of Sustanon and 300mg of Deca every 2 weeks. Testosterone has been shown in some studies to help alleviate the symptoms of depression if you're naturally low in it, and deca is nandrolone, which is a hormone your body makes naturally, so I feel it's a more 'natural' hormone stack that doesn't have a lot of exotic hormones that work on all sorts of different receptors and are doing all sorts of other things in the body.

That's one reason I commented that your cycle was a bit exotic with Primo and Anavar and HGH you're going to have a lot of other stuff going on not only on the androgen receptors in your skeletal muscle tissue, but they can also effect your mental state possibly in a positive or negative state depending on a lot of different factors.

I meant 400iu of HCG. Should I drop that to 200iu/wk? I welcome any and all input! That's what we are here for, right?
Last time I checked, 200iu of HCG was the recommended dosage (or maybe it was even 150iu) to use to keep your HPTA axis up while you're on a cycle. But with all the compounds you're taking together, it's hard to say if hCG is really going to work to keep your natural testosterone production going on. Probably only a blood test in the middle of the cycle, specifically checking for LH would let you know if it's working as intended.

My goal is to cut fat and keep the muscle I've got. Maybe add some, but I'm not trying to be greedy.
I would ideally work on losing fat or gaining muscle, not trying to do both at the same time. Your cycle would be perfect for very lean gains without a lot of bloat, although the 500mg per week of testosterone is going to add that to you too. That's not necessarily a bad thing, some estrogen is very good for you, not only for it's physique enhancing properties, but for your brain as well, as a balance of estrogen and DHT seems to work best for people that might be sensitive to negative mental sides from steroids. So, you've kind of got the lean gains from the DHT based steroids like var and primo, but you're still going to get the bloat from the test e.

She will be taking Clen in the two off weeks. I guess I should have mentioned that she also takes Adderall and Ambien.
Didn't you post this before asking about this or was that another person? Adderall and Ambien is like a 1950s style combination that all the Hollywood starlets would take. Adderall to keep them up, then a sedative at night to knock them out. That seems like a bit of a reckless prescription combo on you Dr's part, but hey, I wish my doc would prescribe me Adderall and Ambien.

But, having said that, I would absolutely not recommend taking Clen in addition to Adderall. That combo would cause her BP to go through the roof and potentially be very dangerous. Clen is a pretty potent stimulant and lasts up to 34 hours in the body, and taking amphetamines in addition to that is a very bad idea. I assume she's taking Adderall XR? If so, that's also meant to be an 8-12 hour drug and the L and D isomers of amphetamine in Adderall are long lasting on their own. The amphetamines are very catabolic drugs and although they can cause a person to lose a lot of fat rapidly, they also cause a lot of muscle wasting. I remember when I was in college and I was discussing AAS usage with people, they would have to decide whether or not they wanted to take the Adderall and have the muscle wasting, or stop using it and take AAS for growth. Even when you get completely adapted mentally to the Adderall, it is still going to cause muscle wasting all the time. I might ask the doc to switch her to something like Vyvanese.

I would definitely take those things into consideration before you start your cycle. Are you or her taking any other drugs like SSRIs or other stimulants, sleep aids, sedatives, etc?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
When you add hormones into a combination of anxiety and depression, you can absolutely have unwanted and unpleasant side effects. I too suffer from both those ailments and I'm doing my own version of TRT with 250mg of Sustanon and 300mg of Deca every 2 weeks. Testosterone has been shown in some studies to help alleviate the symptoms of depression if you're naturally low in it, and deca is nandrolone, which is a hormone your body makes naturally, so I feel it's a more 'natural' hormone stack that doesn't have a lot of exotic hormones that work on all sorts of different receptors and are doing all sorts of other things in the body.

That's one reason I commented that your cycle was a bit exotic with Primo and Anavar and HGH you're going to have a lot of other stuff going on not only on the androgen receptors in your skeletal muscle tissue, but they can also effect your mental state possibly in a positive or negative state depending on a lot of different factors.

Last time I checked, 200iu of HCG was the recommended dosage (or maybe it was even 150iu) to use to keep your HPTA axis up while you're on a cycle. But with all the compounds you're taking together, it's hard to say if hCG is really going to work to keep your natural testosterone production going on. Probably only a blood test in the middle of the cycle, specifically checking for LH would let you know if it's working as intended.

I would ideally work on losing fat or gaining muscle, not trying to do both at the same time. Your cycle would be perfect for very lean gains without a lot of bloat, although the 500mg per week of testosterone is going to add that to you too. That's not necessarily a bad thing, some estrogen is very good for you, not only for it's physique enhancing properties, but for your brain as well, as a balance of estrogen and DHT seems to work best for people that might be sensitive to negative mental sides from steroids. So, you've kind of got the lean gains from the DHT based steroids like var and primo, but you're still going to get the bloat from the test e.

Didn't you post this before asking about this or was that another person? Adderall and Ambien is like a 1950s style combination that all the Hollywood starlets would take. Adderall to keep them up, then a sedative at night to knock them out. That seems like a bit of a reckless prescription combo on you Dr's part, but hey, I wish my doc would prescribe me Adderall and Ambien.

But, having said that, I would absolutely not recommend taking Clen in addition to Adderall. That combo would cause her BP to go through the roof and potentially be very dangerous. Clen is a pretty potent stimulant and lasts up to 34 hours in the body, and taking amphetamines in addition to that is a very bad idea. I assume she's taking Adderall XR? If so, that's also meant to be an 8-12 hour drug and the L and D isomers of amphetamine in Adderall are long lasting on their own. The amphetamines are very catabolic drugs and although they can cause a person to lose a lot of fat rapidly, they also cause a lot of muscle wasting. I remember when I was in college and I was discussing AAS usage with people, they would have to decide whether or not they wanted to take the Adderall and have the muscle wasting, or stop using it and take AAS for growth. Even when you get completely adapted mentally to the Adderall, it is still going to cause muscle wasting all the time. I might ask the doc to switch her to something like Vyvanese.

I would definitely take those things into consideration before you start your cycle. Are you or her taking any other drugs like SSRIs or other stimulants, sleep aids, sedatives, etc?
Yes, I did post about her whacky drug prescription combo! This did convince her to stop the Prazosin completely. She really likes the combo of Clen and Adderall. I don't think it's doing too much damage at 40mcg for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, I did post about her whacky drug prescription combo! This did convince her to stop the Prazosin completely. She really likes the combo of Clen and Adderall. I don't think it's doing too much damage at 40mcg for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off?
What dosage is she using for each drug? How many mg and is the Adderall extended release?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
She has stopped taking the Clen as well, but was taking 40mcg/day 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
To be honest with you, even if she feels good while taking it, I cannot recommend you combine Clen and Adderall in all good faith. That combination of stimulants is just exceedingly dangerous to take together.

Also, if you Google "amphetamines muscle wasting" you'll see a lot of studies showing how amphetamines causes muscle atrophy (losing muscle tissue), so it's really counterproductive to what she's trying to achieve. It's like the AAS might be preventing that muscle wasting, but you're just evening out the scales.

I would also recommend buying a home blood pressure monitor and both of you use it in the morning and evening to see how your BP is doing since the both of you are going to be on so many different drugs. Long term high blood pressure can cause kidney damage, so I would recommend both of you take an on cycle support supplement like
IronMagLabs Advanced Cycle Support. It's a blend of a lot of different ingredients that help keep BP lower, lower cholesterol, and help support your liver while you're taking methylated oral steroids.

I would also say for both of you to get full panel blood tests from a site like https://www.health-tests-direct.com/ and make sure everything is as it should be. If you don't mind me asking, how old are each of you?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have the blood pressure monitor. I haven't checked hers with it, just my own. I will definitely do that though! I am 40 and she is 33.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have the blood pressure monitor. I haven't checked hers with it, just my own. I will definitely do that though! I am 40 and she is 33.
Well, you're my age, but she's younger and can probably still tolerate that level of stimulants (in terms of all that adderall she's taking). Again, I would recommend she come off the amphetamines and switch to something like vyvanese, which is another ADHD drug that doesn't have the muscle wasting effects, at least while she's on the cycle. Because taking that much adderall (Why doesn't the doctor just give her one Adderall XR in the morning to last all day?) is really gonna make your BP skyrocket. And like I said, why take something that's going to cause muscle loss while she's trying to gain muscle with AAS?

Anyway, just something to consider.