pre workout coffee + pea relief + 4 caps prime XT

10 minutes warmup elliptical

bench
45x10
95x8
135x5
155x5
185x3
205x1 I did 2 reps but the second one was ugly and ass came off bench so no count.
Slingshot
205x5
185x8

close grip bench
135x10

pec dec
120x10x10x10

cable bar tricep push downs
40x25x25

BB shurgs
135x12x12x12x12 (traps are a little sore from deads yet)

neck plate curls
10x10x10x10x10x10
Super set with seated lateral raise
10x10x10x10x10x10

Post workout milk 2 scoops protein + fish oil + vitamin d

will be running prime XT for 2.5 months at 12 caps a day.

this week was wonky with work so it was more of a auto regulated week and testing where I am at strength wise. Next week will fall back to 5 week meso 2 days strength 2 days hypertrophy. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bench
45x10
95x8
135x5
155x5
185x3
205x1 I did 2 reps but the second one was ugly and ass came off bench so no count.
Slingshot
205x5
185x8
I'm a little bit surprised you hit 8 reps at 185 after the top end work but didn't hit 3-5 at 205. I think this is going to break through very soon for you. what's your best 1rm on bench?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a little bit surprised you hit 8 reps at 185 after the top end work but didn't hit 3-5 at 205. I think this is going to break through very soon for you. what's your best 1rm on bench?
I don’t think I rested enough but yeah it was weird on the reps.
My PR on bench is 225 x 3.
Also I really struggle with the bench setup at the gym. The mid position is to low and I have a hell of a time un racking with out getting all out of position. But the top peg is to tall.
If I can set up in the rack I have the best position but that is bery rare to get set up there.

I am slightly frustrated that my deadlift and squat are so far ahead of my bench

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t get frustrated your bench shouldn’t really be right next to deadlift and squat for most people. A mid 200 bench with a 300+ deadlift isn’t something to be concerned over on the bench side.

Edit: unless you mean technique wise, which I also wouldn’t stress everyone has certain things that are tougher to nail down than others. Just makes it that much sweeter when you do perfect them.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah your bench to deadlift ratio seems pretty on point to me. with a 300lb bench my pr pull was 485 conventional last year and 5 or 520 from the rack. If you watch Hyde's work last year, I mean FML, I think he benched that 405 with pulls in the 600s. Seems to me like your ratio there is right in the sweet spot.

technique will improve with practice. sometimes when I miss a rep I can actually tell what I did wrong, just like missing a shot in golf. bad bar path, collapsing on the bottom, etc. I have missed more than one rep due to form rather than strength tbh

that's actually one thing I always liked about cleans for myself. once fatigue started to hit, I couldn't "fake" it anymore and good form was the only way to make a rep happen.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well that makes me feel better I was thinking the ratio was a little too far off. I definitely need to get my technique down better. I will be keeping the bench in 2 times a week might even run 3 on this upcoming meso. I feel like the OHP has been helping out and I’m keeping that in.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I posted something very similar recently, even how OHP seemed to be the magic thing I was missing lol. DL 505, Squat 405, Bench I think I can hit 275-280 lol. Floor presses and different OHP's seem to be adding in something I've been missing all these years.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I posted something very similar recently, even how OHP seemed to be the magic thing I was missing lol. DL 505, Squat 405, Bench I think I can hit 275-280 lol. Floor presses and different OHP's seem to be adding in something I've been missing all these years.
I tried doing some floor presses with the DB but I don’t think that the way to go because I don’t know how to get into position with some heavy ass DB. Need to set up with BB for floor presses.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I tried doing some floor presses with the DB but I don’t think that the way to go because I don’t know how to get into position with some heavy ass DB. Need to set up with BB for floor presses.
agreed, I don't want to take the time to figure out DB positioning, and it mildly aggravates my shoulder as is. I put the BB holders on the outside of the rack, use an axle bar, and absorb weird looks from hordes of old and young people as I get into position

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think it's normal and typical for it to be in that order. I always felt like my pulls were disproportionately high, and my squats disproportionately low. at one point I remember being able to squat 290 x 10 but struggled like hell to put up 315 lol. I recall one summer hitting like 450/330/250 which is probably pretty proportionate but any time I get back into a strength cycle my bench gets crazy close to my squats, even if my pulls are strong.

The only person I know who is flipped is my lifting buddy who can squat 450 any day of the week, has topped out at 500, and usually struggles to pull more than 405. but he has grip strength issues and is built like an ox for squats. for ratio purposes: he PR'd his bench recently at 275 or 280. so he's like a 445/485/280 lifter right now. I'm guessing he weighs about 260 he's quite a bit larger than me.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it's normal and typical for it to be in that order. I always felt like my pulls were disproportionately high, and my squats disproportionately low. at one point I remember being able to squat 290 x 10 but struggled like hell to put up 315 lol. I recall one summer hitting like 450/330/250 which is probably pretty proportionate but any time I get back into a strength cycle my bench gets crazy close to my squats, even if my pulls are strong.

The only person I know who is flipped is my lifting buddy who can squat 450 any day of the week, has topped out at 500, and usually struggles to pull more than 405. but he has grip strength issues and is built like an ox for squats. for ratio purposes: he PR'd his bench recently at 275 or 280. so he's like a 445/485/280 lifter right now. I'm guessing he weighs about 260 he's quite a bit larger than me.
Yeah I don't remember who all chimed in, but definitely a typical ratio. I am surprised however that at 260, buddy isn't putting up quite a bit more than that, unless his training is just focused elsewhere, or he's a leggy monster.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I don't remember who all chimed in, but definitely a typical ratio. I am surprised however that at 260, buddy isn't putting up quite a bit more than that, unless his training is just focused elsewhere, or he's a leggy monster.
He has a monster badonkadonk and is lazy. If he isn't lifting with me at lunch, he MIGHT hit his home gym (fully outfitted monster rack) 2 times a month, and he'll likely only squat to a 1rm then call it a day. training with me regularly last year we took his bench from 225 to his recent pr (275 or 280 I can't remember) but he likes to go in, do his main lift for a set of 3 or a single then call it a day, whereas I "eat my vegetables" (main lift) so that I can have dessert (accessories)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To be fair, my motivation in this game has always started with vanity, aesthetics, and athleticism, whereas his was just the fun of building strength. so for him walking around with a 450lb squat in his back pocket makes him happy. for me, I'm not happy if my abs are hidden under fluff.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think I rested enough but yeah it was weird on the reps.
My PR on bench is 225 x 3.
Also I really struggle with the bench setup at the gym. The mid position is to low and I have a hell of a time un racking with out getting all out of position. But the top peg is to tall.
If I can set up in the rack I have the best position but that is bery rare to get set up there.

I am slightly frustrated that my deadlift and squat are so far ahead of my bench
Have you tried the "sling shot" for bench yet ? they have knock offs all over for pretty affordable.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start of 6 week meso today.
Gym time 5 am 70 minutes ish

bench
45x10x5
95x10
135x8
155x5
185x5x5
(Band bench)
135x5x5

deadlift (4” deficit)
135x8
185x8
225x5x5

lat pull down
145x8x8
100x10

Ez bar curl
50x11x10x8

ex bar skull crusher
50x10x10

Neutral grip pull up
BWx3x1x1x1x1

on back neck curl
10x10x15
15x12x12

stomach neck curl
25x10x10x10x10

band neck rotation

pre workout was cup of coffee 4caps prime XT

bench felt really good. On previous meso I think I jumped the gun in the beginning and was trying to do to many sets and carry that all the way through. This time I will progress along and increase.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really curious what you think of PrimeXT. Ran the OG back in the day and don't remember any real effects, but I know quite a few folks on here are excited to see it back!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Really curious what you think of PrimeXT. Ran the OG back in the day and don't remember any real effects, but I know quite a few folks on here are excited to see it back!
Well I talked to @MrKleen73 about it(can’t remember the thread) but I’m dosing 12 caps a day I will keep updating in here on effects.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much higher would you run it?
Not higher than you are running, I liked it even at just 6 (I can’t find my old log so idk exactly).

I do remember some running up to 15 on training days (maybe Doug millers old log), but need to remember that was a blend of another ingredient this SNS release is pure TA.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good morning mother truckers!
gym time 5am 60 ish minutes

Pre workout 1 scoop wild thing + cup of coffee + 4 caps prime XT + pea relief

squat
45x8
95x8
135x8 (pause at bottom)
185x5
Belted +knee sleeves
225x3x5
245x5
225x8x8 squat just felt heavy today

Romanian dead lift
95x10
145x10
185x8

leg press
405x10x10
Strip weight to
225x30 🤢

lying leg curl
110x10
140x8

BB bent over row
95x15x15

OHP
65x18x15x10

various neck work

post workout vitamin d + fish oil + milk + protein + squeeze of honey.

I picked up a tub of ghost Oreo protein that was on sale at local supermarket. I don’t know why but it just tastes off to me, must be what ever sweetener they use.

yesterday didn’t set me up very good for today. I was lazy on the weekend and didn’t get meal prep done so yesterday I had nothing to eat other then post workout shake and then dinner that night. Yesterday my wife was way to kind and picked up turkey and made up meals for this week so I can get my protein in and keep things moving forward!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
they're sorta addictive for me. I didn't realize I was missing them till I had them, now I feel really off if I try to squat without them lol. I can pull without them, but I prefer to have them for deadlifts too.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am 75 minutes ish
W1D3

band bench
45x12
95x12
135x8x8x5x5 (red bands)

floor press
115x10
135x10
165x5x5x5x5

T bar row
45x20
90x8x10

one arm supported DB row
90x8x8x8

incline DB lateral raise
12.5x15x15x12

neck curls on stomach
15x20x20x10

neck curls on back
10x20x20x10

cable rope curls
30x20x20x18

Floor press I think is going to be a good add in, definitely a weak point. Really loving the bands on bench. Very happy with today’s session.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am 75 minutes ish
W1D3

band bench
45x12
95x12
135x8x8x5x5 (red bands)

floor press
115x10
135x10
165x5x5x5x5

T bar row
45x20
90x8x10

one arm supported DB row
90x8x8x8

incline DB lateral raise
12.5x15x15x12

neck curls on stomach
15x20x20x10

neck curls on back
10x20x20x10

cable rope curls
30x20x20x18

Floor press I think is going to be a good add in, definitely a weak point. Really loving the bands on bench. Very happy with today’s session.
Dude, floor press has utterly blown up my shoulders, it's getting a place on the list of "things in life I've been missing out on."

Solid work here!