Weight

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Hi All,

I’ve been hitting these calories for the past 7 days and weighing myself each day.

I plan to start a cut next week, W/true shred, so I wanted to identify my exact maintenance first to optimise the end result of the cut.

Can someone let me know what you think of my weight? Or any advice would be very much appreciated.

Calories: 2,460
Protein: 205
Carbs: 275g
Fats: 60g

Attachments

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@LeanEngineer @Rocket3015 Saw that you guys are veterans on here hopefully can help me understand better ;)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Impossible to say for sure from 7 days. Obviously someone could say you’ve gained a little weight so you are just above maintenance but your weigh ins show the natural variance that occurs daily. I mean I can fluctuate 4lbs in a day either way just based on carb, sodium, water intake plus training modality .

truthfully you probably need a month eating meat bang on those calories to get a true picture. For your weight those calories seem slightly low (assuming you train and don’t sit all day) but individual variance can be massive so 🤷

if you don’t want to wait a month then personally I would aim for 2,100 as that should be a smallish deficit and monitor for at least 2 weeks. See where you are at and adjust.

best I could suggest on the data provided

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Thanks for the help @Whisky okay I’ll stick to these calories for abit longer and gain more data, as I feel it will be better for me in the long run before I start to cut calories to 2100 and introduce true shred in my regimen.

Impossible to say for sure from 7 days. Obviously someone could say you’ve gained a little weight so you are just above maintenance but your weigh ins show the natural variance that occurs daily. I mean I can fluctuate 4lbs in a day either way just based on carb, sodium, water intake plus training modality .

truthfully you probably need a month eating meat bang on those calories to get a true picture. For your weight those calories seem slightly low (assuming you train and don’t sit all day) but individual variance can be massive so 🤷

if you don’t want to wait a month then personally I would aim for 2,100 as that should be a smallish deficit and monitor for at least 2 weeks. See where you are at and adjust.

best I could suggest on the data provided

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your Height ? Do you have a good picture so we can get a good idea of your current condition?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man usually the idea is to start a cut deep into a bulk / eating phase so you start off with calories as high as possible... starting a cut at 2400 calories... say you cut for 12 weeks.. you’ll need to lower macros several times throughout your cut... where’s the room to do that? You’ll end up starving at like 1600 calories? And losing muscle. Just a bad spot to start a cut imo. Only you’re obese and even then. I’m surprised this isn’t the first thing that popped into people’s mind...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help @Whisky okay I’ll stick to these calories for abit longer and gain more data, as I feel it will be better for me in the long run before I start to cut calories to 2100 and introduce true shred in my regimen.
I agree with Whisky. That's good advice to get a little more data before making a decision. The True Shred addition will definitely aid in the process for shredding! Glad you picked up a bottle.

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Whisky

@Rocket3015,

Hey sure, so I’m 6ft 2inches, and I’ll post a few pictures of my current physique just woke up flat and no food inside me today at 195.8LB.

Pictures here (not great taking these🤣)

What is your Height ? Do you have a good picture so we can get a good idea of your current condition?

Attachments

Last edited:
Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Mathb33,

hey, thanks for the response, I totally understand that, hence my reason for getting more data and to truely find my maintenance calories first.

I plan to do 7-8 week in week or 2, and cut W/trueshred, so I’m hoping to find the sweet spot of calories first and hit that for as long as possible and then adjust.

Man usually the idea is to start a cut deep into a bulk / eating phase so you start off with calories as high as possible... starting a cut at 2400 calories... say you cut for 12 weeks.. you’ll need to lower macros several times throughout your cut... where’s the room to do that? You’ll end up starving at like 1600 calories? And losing muscle. Just a bad spot to start a cut imo. Only you’re obese and even then. I’m surprised this isn’t the first thing that popped into people’s mind...

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@LeanEngineer,

Hey, yes I agree too I’ll definitely gain more data and I’ve seen many great reviews hoping this product will be the one for me 👌

I agree with Whisky. That's good advice to get a little more data before making a decision. The True Shred addition will definitely aid in the process for shredding! Glad you picked up a bottle.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You definitely don't have a ton of fat to lose, I would figure out your maintenance calorie level, than start True Shred and drop a few hundred calories at about week 2

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Rocket3015

Yea ideally I’d like to get down 12-13% BF with full abs is my dream goal, if I’ve calculated it right I should be aiming for 185LB to hit 13% just guessing I’m like 17%, what do you think about that?

Sure, I’ll follow that plan for sure sounds good,

I’ll carry on finding my maintenance calorie level, I feel as if I’m close to it, I maybe wrong here, but I’ll stick with these calories @2,460 been logging daily and hitting macros on MyFitnessPal.

Another question, when you do cardio or any activity and use like an Apple Watch then your MyFitnessPal goal adjusts with the exercise do you turn it off? Or actually eat the calories left? As I’m not really sure whether when trying to find my maintence I’ve just been hitting the original goal not the adjusted goal due to activity. If that makes sense?

You definitely don't have a ton of fat to lose, I would figure out your maintenance calorie level, than start True Shred and drop a few hundred calories at about week 2

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah, I flagged I thought cals seemed on the low side for weight and height but I see so much variance and if he was sedentary he could create the deficit through increased activity rather than reduction in cals 🤷

OP, bf is probably 15-17% imo. Pics aren’t the greatest to tell but it’s obvious your not obese etc.

what does your training look like?

@Mathb33 is right in that you’ll end up on poverty calls cutting from a 2,400 starting position. I don’t personally think you need to bulk first although that would be a great option (basically reverse diet cals up for 2 months and then cut) but imo you could also drop a few hundred cals and then use increased cardio to create the ongoing deficit (assuming your training has the space for this and after you have a handle on maintenance).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would say 17% is close, I do not use anything to track my activity so I can't help you there. Don't make things too compilated and just use some common sense.

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Whisky
My training Split currently (see picture)

I always warm up on the watt bike 10-15 mins Max then begin workout.

I play football once week as well, I try to be active as possible

My work which mainly consists of sitting down at home, is a 9-5 desk job.

Yeah sounds good ill drop few hundred cals & increase cardio, once I have better idea on maintenance. I definitely don't want to be on poverty cals aha

yeah, I flagged I thought cals seemed on the low side for weight and height but I see so much variance and if he was sedentary he could create the deficit through increased activity rather than reduction in cals 🤷

OP, bf is probably 15-17% imo. Pics aren’t the greatest to tell but it’s obvious your not obese etc.

what does your training look like?

@Mathb33 is right in that you’ll end up on poverty calls cutting from a 2,400 starting position. I don’t personally think you need to bulk first although that would be a great option (basically reverse diet cals up for 2 months and then cut) but imo you could also drop a few hundred cals and then use increased cardio to create the ongoing deficit (assuming your training has the space for this and after you have a handle on maintenance).

Attachments

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Rocket3015

Gotcha, I'll just ignore that then

I would say 17% is close, I do not use anything to track my activity so I can't help you there. Don't make things too compilated and just use some common sense.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky
My training Split currently (see picture)

I always warm up on the watt bike 10-15 mins Max then begin workout.

I play football once week as well, I try to be active as possible

My work which mainly consists of sitting down at home, is a 9-5 desk job.

Yeah sounds good ill drop few hundred cals & increase cardio, once I have better idea on maintenance. I definitely don't want to be on poverty cals aha
you’ve not mentioned using any anabolics in your posts so I assume you don’t. I would definitely post up in the training forum for advice (ie don’t just take my word for it) as that split for a natural simply doesn’t have anywhere near enough frequency for each body part to be optimal.

keeping tihose days I would either do PPL or

Monday - lower
Tues - upper
Thursday - full body
sat - full body

your currently using a bro split and the only way that can work really is if your on gear…..

honestly bro, look into this stuff as I think you can make massive improvements and reap but benefits changing that up

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Okay cheers bro appreciate it! @Whisky ill switch back to my old training program, I used to run a program like the one you suggested below.

Monday - lower
Tues - upper
Thursday - full body
sat - full body

you’ve not mentioned using any anabolics in your posts so I assume you don’t. I would definitely post up in the training forum for advice (ie don’t just take my word for it) as that split for a natural simply doesn’t have anywhere near enough frequency for each body part to be optimal.

keeping tihose days I would either do PPL or

Monday - lower
Tues - upper
Thursday - full body
sat - full body

your currently using a bro split and the only way that can work really is if your on gear…..

honestly bro, look into this stuff as I think you can make massive improvements and reap but benefits changing that up

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
@Whisky @Rocket3015 hey, guys I wanted to share my current weigh ins, . I’m almost 2 weeks in tracking now to find maintence, got another week to left to go. What are your thoughts?

I took a few days recently off, from working out but I still remained active and weighin in daily and hitting protein.

Attachments

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky @Rocket3015 hey, guys I wanted to share my current weigh ins, . I’m almost 2 weeks in tracking now to find maintence, got another week to left to go. What are your thoughts?

I took a few days recently off, from working out but I still remained active and weighin in daily and hitting protein.
based on the moving average over whats a reasonable period I’d be thinking your in a very small surplus (I’m assuming calorie intake has been consistent each day ?)

the break from training probably marginally decreased calorie expenditure but also probably decreased muscle glycogen storage so my best guess would be your maintenance is 100 cals or so below what you are currently consuming

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
based on the moving average over whats a reasonable period I’d be thinking your in a very small surplus (I’m assuming calorie intake has been consistent each day ?)

the break from training probably marginally decreased calorie expenditure but also probably decreased muscle glycogen storage so my best guess would be your maintenance is 100 cals or so below what you are currently consuming
I believe Whisky is right on the mark !!

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards

@Whisky thanks for the explanation appreciate it man, I went away for a few days, completely off weight training but cycled and walked throughout the day. I had to guesstimate, calories for one day, but I’ll reduce calories down by 100 now and keep tracking the weigh ins.

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Hey guys @LeanEngineer @Rocket3015 @Whisky, as whisky said 10 days ago,- about reducing 100 calories i followed the advice and lowered calories, i started taking true shred on the 23rd of this month, taking twice daily. I have felt so energised throughout the week and helped me power through the gym sessions and with work. So far it's been a great boost, muscles getting harder and leaning down for sure now!

I wanted to share my weigh ins with you guys, any advice/feedback would be appreciated as always!

I wanted to ask, if i was going to drink alcohol would you recommend not taking the true shred on the day i plan to have drink or will it be fine? As i plan to drink over the bank holiday weekend at least once.

Attachments

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It looks like you are down about 2lbs, nice work, the True Shred will be a big help and the second bottle is when it really shines. I have never consumed alcohol so I can't be much help with you question. I would think a person with the handle of @Whisky may be of more help.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys @LeanEngineer @Rocket3015 @Whisky, as whisky said 10 days ago,- about reducing 100 calories i followed the advice and lowered calories, i started taking true shred on the 23rd of this month, taking twice daily. I have felt so energised throughout the week and helped me power through the gym sessions and with work. So far it's been a great boost, muscles getting harder and leaning down for sure now!

I wanted to share my weigh ins with you guys, any advice/feedback would be appreciated as always!

I wanted to ask, if i was going to drink alcohol would you recommend not taking the true shred on the day i plan to have drink or will it be fine? As i plan to drink over the bank holiday weekend at least once.
I would recommend still taking True Shred on the day you plan to have a drink. Assuming you'd be taking True Shred toward the AM and then drinking in the evening as well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It looks like you are down about 2lbs, nice work, the True Shred will be a big help and the second bottle is when it really shines. I have never consumed alcohol so I can't be much help with you question. I would think a person with the handle of @Whisky may be of more help.
haha, I’m 8.5 years sober myself and didn’t train at all when I did drink so to be honest we are well outside my expertise on that one

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
haha, I’m 8.5 years sober myself and didn’t train at all when I did drink so to be honest we are well outside my expertise on that one
Congratulation on the eight and a half years !!