Weight machines ,for newbies

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Hi
Ive got a multi gym - is this going to hit all the groups required or do I need extras?

Biceps i can see no options for, so ill do dumbell curls.

Bearing in mind this is newbie stuff so i wont hit any weight issues until later.

Anyone here workout just on a multigym at home?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi
Ive got a multi gym - is this going to hit all the groups required or do I need extras?

Biceps i can see no options for, so ill do dumbell curls.

Bearing in mind this is newbie stuff so i wont hit any weight issues until later.

Anyone here workout just on a multigym at home?
If you have never worked out seriously then ya, it's better then nothing. In all honesty, just buy a flat bench with the standard bar and 300lbs of plates. Bench squat deadlift will do more then any machines

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you have never worked out seriously then ya, it's better then nothing. In all honesty, just buy a flat bench with the standard bar and 300lbs of plates. Bench squat deadlift will do more then any machines
This ^ Nothing like a nice bench; 300lbs of Olympic Weights; two bars (One for Bench; another Multi-Angle Curl Bar)
That's all you would need, next add on a rack for Squats.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don’t need fancy equipment for biceps. Dumbbells and barbells is more than sufficient. The only thing I EVER add is some cable curls, but that’s not necessary, just a nice bonus. Barbell Curls, dumbbell Curls, incline Curls, hammer curls, cross body hammer curls, dumbbell preacher curls on an incline bench, concentration curls, offset grip curls. It’s MORE than enough!

I personally prefer dumbbells to barbells for home training, but I also don’t don’t exclusively train at home either.

I bought adjustable dumbbells that right now go from 10 to 70lbs each, and a foldable bench that goes from incline to flat and decline. Very space efficient, and plenty to hit chest, shoulders, and arms. Back I just add in some Pullups to round out the Rows. Legs is a little harder, but still doable, but not ideal for sure.

I like that I don’t need a spot for dumbbells. Great for solo home workouts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also made a TRX-cable knock-off with steel chains, quick link locks, and PVC pipe. Great for Rows, and even things like curls, Face Pulls, push ups, and assisted one leg squats.