Weight lifting effects on digestion?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
When I'm not lifting regularly, I tend to get frequent diarrhea and loose stools. Coffee will trigger it. Sugary juices will trigger it. Protein shakes will trigger it. Eating too early in the morning will trigger it. etc.

When I am lifting hard and regularly, the issue is GONE. It's like everything is getting fully absorbed. None of these triggers will cause it. I don't get constipated, but I go less, the water content of the stool is drastically less I barely even need to wipe my ass. 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone know what could account for this? Is the body uptaking the nutrients more efficiently or does the physical activity reduce inflammation in the intestine?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When your not lifting are you also slacking off on the diet? Or eating more junk? That would make more sense. My food selections have a direct impact on my digestion

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
While reading this I see myself in the same problem years ago...
When I started to exercise and regularly weightlift It has given positive effects on my digestion.
It drastically improved my gut motility and my gastrointestinal tract. Now it's much better bowel movement and more efficient digestion compared to what it used to be.
Reduced Inflammation for sure, and not only that, better nutrient absorption, which leads to better blood flow to the digestive system. Only pros.