Unanswered Weight gainers

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I don't usually use weight gainers.. but with this new job ( HVAC Maintenance worker at a hospital ) I feel like I need some extra calories to throw in to the regular meal line. But I am not looking to get something with tons of **** ingredients so is there one out there people have used and would recommend? Also doesn't have to have like 1200 calories even 500 is more than enough.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PES Smart Mass or Iforce Mass Gainz are two good options that use legitimate carbs instead of dextrose like most gainers.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PES Smart Mass or Iforce Mass Gainz are two good options that use legitimate carbs instead of dextrose like most gainers.
I’ll check those out! It’s mostly for my “ just got out of work but need a meal/calories but need to drive” situations haha which is only when I’m on call for work

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Waste of money IMO. Gainers are typically full of crap ingredients minus a few and overpriced. Make a basic shake, throw in almond butter, peanut butter, coconut oil, oats, whatever and build the calories on the cheap.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It might be hard to do that while working in a hospital. Where most people just want to throw something in a shaker and chug it down. Not everyone has the convenience to do that, or eat a whole food meal. He is looking for convenience, which I would agree with you if that was the situation (which it may not be). Most people who work in the hospital's barley have time to sit down or think for themselves during their shifts.
That is exactly it, I usually eating on the go and then after my lunch i rely on quick and easy stuff. I can get my breakfast, second breakfast and lunch in but after that it gets tricky! especially when I am on call!

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can you premake and throw in a breakroom fridge? If not then yes I can understand if all you can do is store a shaker and dry powder until such time as needed.