Weighing my options before committing to TRT, need advice

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
Some background, I'm 26, 235lbs, and have been struggling with hormones since the beginning of college it seems. I know I'm secondary hypogonadic, but I have concerns about my thyroid as well and just wanted to get some advice. I will post the last three bloodworks I've taken below. I really want to try a clomid restart before committing to a lifetime of TRT. Here are the bloods:

2/13:

TSH 2.60
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 240 Range: 250-1100 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 44.1 Range: 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE,BIOAVAILABLE 102.2 Range: 110.0-575.0 ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 18 Range: 10-50 nmol/L

4/13:

LH 1.5
FSH 2.6
Testosterone Total 416
Prolactin 3.7

2/14:

Testosterone, Serum 311 Low
Free Testosterone(Direct) 8.2 Low
T4,Free(Direct) 1.31 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77 01
TSH 1.850 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01
LH 2.7 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 01
Estradiol 30.6 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6 01
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.6 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0 01
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 192 ng/mL 98 - 282 02
T3 Uptake 27 % 24 - 39 01

So, I think I'm going to do:

25mg ED Clomid 3 weeks
25mg EOD Clomid 2 weeks
25mg 2x week Clomid 2 weeks

Does this schedule seem optimal or do changes need to be made? After I'm off the Clomid for 3-4 weeks, I'm going to do comprehensive bloodwork, namely:

Total test
Free test
Estradiol
LH
FSH
TSH
Total T4
Free T4
Total T3
Free T3

...those are big ones anyway. Do I need to add anything to that list?

Does this help give some insight into what may be going on or should I continue with the clomid for a couple months, and get the new bloods?

Thanks and I really appreciate any responses.

Hammer57

Awards
TRT Options

Tests look complete. Although your TSH is well within the normal range, it is certainly not optimal as consideration of TSH above 2.5 is somewhat symptomatic of hypothyroidism. Will you take hcg with the climid or clomid only?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The best recommendations are to start with lifestyles, removing inflammatory foods such as soy, gluten, and dairy, work on dealing with stress management, proper nutrition, and getting good sleep hygiene to see if these helps. Work with a good functional medicine practitioner who will look at the entire picture not just bits and pieces. I see w huge turn around in a lot of in cases just by doing the basics first until the further testing is completed. I people are not willing to commit to the proper lifestyle changes and make the effort then I will refer them out to some one else. I do not have the time for it....

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply's. I was going to do clomid only as I've read that HCG could interfere with a clomid restart.

Also, my last bloodwork showed TSH of 1.85 as well, so lower than a year before.