Unanswered Ways to keep healthy on TRT?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do people recommend to do to keep their body in good condition while on TRT

This includes.

Heart Health
Liver
Kidneys
Blood (Thickness)
Hormone levels (Estrogen ie Natural aids or prescription)

I know you don't 'Have' to really incorporate anything but if something has some good effects for overall longevity then i am happy to incorporate these.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Near perfect eating, no drinking.

(I’m not on trt, just soaking up the knowledge here)

Last edited:
bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I don't drink at all these days.. Apart from being horrid on your liver i CAN'T handle the hangovers anymore lol don't know how i managed them every weekend in my teens. Defo get worse as you get older.

Meal wise.. I very rarely eat junk anyway. My meats come from a farm up the road so it's grass finished and "better" quality. I would say my diet is pretty good tbh. I don't track calories/macros etc though. I use to but i stopped because i was becoming obsessed by it all and too strict. I know roughly what to eat to gain weight and i know how to cut weight easy enough also. Only time i really splurge is if i am oit for a meal with my partner or family so about 1-2 times a month.

I get bloodwork every 3 months through my Doctor just to check everything aswell. Everything has been good so far. Your lipids can take a hit on TRT but we have noticed using EPA DHA (Fish Oil) at 3g a day seems to be leveling all this back out.

I am all for trying to remain in decent health. I recently went through a very bad spell of health and was struggling to even get out of bed in the morning or function proper in work. We eventually found the cause though and i am back to 100% again. This is why i want to maintain this good energy level i have just now. You don't realise how important health is until you go through a bad spell.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Same. From what I've gathered though the main ones are cardio (LISS is better than HIIT), good diet (debate over what that constitutes exactly), donate blood every three months, no alcohol/smoking/recreational drugs obviously, then there's the amalgamation of various support supplements.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’ll notice after several more years of this, that involving liver and kidneys in concerns over TRT isn’t necessary.
Cardiovascular and prostrate are it
Donate blood when H&H get high, take baby aspirin, eat fish, don’t smoke, and take saw palmetto.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
You’ll notice after several more years of this, that involving liver and kidneys in concerns over TRT isn’t necessary.
Cardiovascular and prostrate are it
Donate blood when H&H get high, take baby aspirin, eat fish, don’t smoke, and take saw palmetto.
This....

Been on TRT, for a year +, at a dose most would consider high (yes, prescribed by a physician), and I drink a glass or two of wine nearly every day, My bloodwork is flawless.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Real TRT doses (100 mg, etc) should not cause any issues w/ bloodwork, so it doesnt take much. My bloods actually got better once I got on it at age 50.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Donate blood at least twice a year. Take high quality Fish Oil, Tumeric, Vitmain K, Citrus Bergamot and Ashwaghanda daily. Monitor levels specifically estrogen and treat appropriately if it starts to get out of range.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What do people recommend to do to keep their body in good condition while on TRT

This includes.

Heart Health
Liver
Kidneys
Blood (Thickness)
Hormone levels (Estrogen ie Natural aids or prescription)

I know you don't 'Have' to really incorporate anything but if something has some good effects for overall longevity then i am happy to incorporate these.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Have you checked out this section too?....

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! I will check that last post out.

I donate blood every 3 months.. I do sometimes show high red blood cell count but nothing dangerous.

I use to take Arimidex but i stopped it. The lethargy and anxiety/depression was horrendous even on tiny doses. Just didn't agree with me at all. Doctor says he will just check my bloods more regular and adjust my dose based on the readings.

So just let my body do it's deeds then? I do feel good and healthy and i also do regular blood work but just thought no harm is asking if anyone advised anything over and above what i do currently.

Appreciate that info guys

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! I will check that last post out.

I donate blood every 3 months.. I do sometimes show high red blood cell count but nothing dangerous.

I use to take Arimidex but i stopped it. The lethargy and anxiety/depression was horrendous even on tiny doses. Just didn't agree with me at all. Doctor says he will just check my bloods more regular and adjust my dose based on the readings.

So just let my body do it's deeds then? I do feel good and healthy and i also do regular blood work but just thought no harm is asking if anyone advised anything over and above what i do currently.

Appreciate that info guys
Doc will keep you safe.
Unless you are on 220+, just maybe look into Saw Palmetto, blood donation(if your doc won’t help when H&H get too high) and watch your cholesterol.
ALWAYS get a copy of your labs and post them in anti aging. There are PLENTY of docs that don’t really know what they’re doing with some aspects of this. I’d get a second opinion from some of us that have worked with other docs or have 5-10 years on TRT.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Donate blood at least twice a year. Take high quality Fish Oil, Tumeric, Vitmain K, Citrus Bergamot and Ashwaghanda daily. Monitor levels specifically estrogen and treat appropriately if it starts to get out of range.
Great advice. I use all the aforementioned supps. A question for you though? I use ashwaganda for adaptogenic reasons. Can you tell me how it helps for TRT purposes? Also grapefruit seed extract is awesome for lowering hematocrit levels BUT, and this is important; careful what drugs you take it with. Anastrozole and Nolvadex have drug interactions with grapefruit