Water fast info needed.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi there, I'm looking for comprehensive information about three days water fast. Pretty sure that some of you guys got it done. Appreciate your time.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What type of information are you looking for?

It's not something I would ever do again personally, but I'm glad to try to help if I can.

Chemical Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Awards
i did it to kickstart a carnivor/keto cutting stretch/diet.

What did you want to know?
fyi will be doing it again!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm on a vacation right now and plan to do it when I get back. Minimum fast period will be 24 hours but shooting for 72 if I can make it. Planning on doing two cups of black coffee each morning followed by nothing but water the rest of the day.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for replying, there's a lot of info about it on the net but like with everything it's hard to figure the best plan. LeanEngineer comment brings a good example, coffee is it OK or only water is allowed?
Minerals during a fast, how much how often, and best way to take them?
Breaking fast day? Actually my plan is similar to Chemical Evolution approach, use a fast as a clean up, a detox if you will and then jump in to low carb diet. So that being said I understand that first meal and the all fallowing ones need to be moderate but I wonder about people experiences with digestion and pasible problems with it. Not sure what to expect.
Also I'm a commercial carpenter so I need to be able to physically perform at work ( the plan is for Saturday to be a last day of the fast, I do not eat during the day, all my meals are in the afternoon/evening so depending how I would fell I could extend a fast till Sunday morning. I'm thinking that I can suck it up and work through the fast but I'm trying do it right ( a bit to old to engage in sasuge swinging contest). So is it OK or should I move a whole thing so a fast would end on Sunday evening? I kinda like the idea of having that Sunday as a buffer before a work week.
I'm interested in people experiences what and how they did it and what would they do differently next time around.
Sorry if it's hard to read but English is my second language, my iPod is ancient and is early.
Have yourself a good day gentlemen, I appreciate you.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for replying, there's a lot of info about it on the net but like with everything it's hard to figure the best plan. LeanEngineer comment brings a good example, coffee is it OK or only water is allowed?
Minerals during a fast, how much how often, and best way to take them?
Breaking fast day? Actually my plan is similar to Chemical Evolution approach, use a fast as a clean up, a detox if you will and then jump in to low carb diet. So that being said I understand that first meal and the all fallowing ones need to be moderate but I wonder about people experiences with digestion and pasible problems with it. Not sure what to expect.
Also I'm a commercial carpenter so I need to be able to physically perform at work ( the plan is for Saturday to be a last day of the fast, I do not eat during the day, all my meals are in the afternoon/evening so depending how I would fell I could extend a fast till Sunday morning. I'm thinking that I can suck it up and work through the fast but I'm trying do it right ( a bit to old to engage in sasuge swinging contest). So is it OK or should I move a whole thing so a fast would end on Sunday evening? I kinda like the idea of having that Sunday as a buffer before a work week.
I'm interested in people experiences what and how they did it and what would they do differently next time around.
Sorry if it's hard to read but English is my second language, my iPod is ancient and is early.
Have yourself a good day gentlemen, I appreciate you.
I think it really just depends on how much someone wants to nit pick it.

Some people do just water, some do coffee or unsweet tea.

A big part of the first meal would depend on how long you did the fast for. If one day, I don't think it matters. If 3 to 7 days, I would start with something pretty light just to make sure it doesn't hurt your stomach. For me, it was a protein shake.

Different people respond differently to it. Doing it for a day is no big deal for me, its fairly easy. Doing it for 3 days, hunger is a big issue for me and I feel like crap. Doing it for 7 days was actually pretty easy after day 3 bc the hunger went away.

Overall, I doubt I'd ever do it again bc when I go back to normal eating, cravings come on like crazy - I mean cravings for stuff I don't even normally eat anyway. I didn't feel any better from doing it, but my skin was clearer from doing it.

Not meaning to be discouraging, you just asked for experiences. Some people love it, I just didn't feel I got any real benefit from it in my case. I have done, and will do again where I go 7 days on just protein shakes bc that helps me get past sticking points when dieting and I actually feel good doing that. First 3 days suck, but after day 3 hunger goes away and its fairly easy.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am currently on day two of my 72 hours of fasting. When I fast, I only consume water with pink Himalayan salt, vitamins, and occasionally apple cider vinegar.

Last year I fasted for 17 days straight without breaking it once; up until the day number ten mark I did start feeling slightly fatigued but pushed through till day eleven then felt much better afterward, and I completed my fast feeling great.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it really just depends on how much someone wants to nit pick it.

Some people do just water, some do coffee or unsweet tea.

A big part of the first meal would depend on how long you did the fast for. If one day, I don't think it matters. If 3 to 7 days, I would start with something pretty light just to make sure it doesn't hurt your stomach. For me, it was a protein shake.

Different people respond differently to it. Doing it for a day is no big deal for me, its fairly easy. Doing it for 3 days, hunger is a big issue for me and I feel like crap. Doing it for 7 days was actually pretty easy after day 3 bc the hunger went away.

Overall, I doubt I'd ever do it again bc when I go back to normal eating, cravings come on like crazy - I mean cravings for stuff I don't even normally eat anyway. I didn't feel any better from doing it, but my skin was clearer from doing it.

Not meaning to be discouraging, you just asked for experiences. Some people love it, I just didn't feel I got any real benefit from it in my case. I have done, and will do again where I go 7 days on just protein shakes bc that helps me get past sticking points when dieting and I actually feel good doing that. First 3 days suck, but after day 3 hunger goes away and its fairly easy.
Thank you.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am currently on day two of my 72 hours of fasting. When I fast, I only consume water with pink Himalayan salt, vitamins, and occasionally apple cider vinegar.

Last year I fasted for 17 days straight without breaking it once; up until the day number ten mark I did start feeling slightly fatigued but pushed through till day eleven then felt much better afterward, and I completed my fast feeling great.
17 days . Wow ! Respect brother.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I fast, I only consume water with pink Himalayan salt, vitamins, and occasionally apple cider vinegar.
Agreed - I suggest adding an electrolyte supplement (the one I used is a powder from Kaged) to avoid issues with potassium, sodium, etc.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Man 17 days that's crazy. Although if you watch naked and afraid that's pretty much what they do because I rarely see anyone find a lot of food when they do that show.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man 17 days that's crazy. Although if you watch naked and afraid that's pretty much what they do because I rarely see anyone find a lot of food when they do that show.
The 17-day fasting experience was highly satisfactory and provided me with increased self-discipline in my daily life. I lost 32 pounds and most of it was water, and I regained 20 pounds.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I completed my 72-hour fast yesterday and broke it with organic bone broth, premium crackers, and yogurt containing only 2g of sugar. I have now started a new 50-hour fast to solidify the previous one.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I completed my 72-hour fast yesterday and broke it with organic bone broth, premium crackers, and yogurt containing only 2g of sugar. I have now started a new 50-hour fast to solidify the previous one.
I just did a quick 24 hour fast after my vacation but plan to build up to a 72 hour fast by slower doing longer and longer fasts. 24 hour isn't too bad.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just did a quick 24 hour fast after my vacation but plan to build up to a 72 hour fast by slower doing longer and longer fasts. 24 hour isn't too bad.
Sounds like a great plan! Also, I took the same strategy as you are doing.