Water Additives

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really like the Modern BCAA+ because it tastes good and gets me to drink more water. I mix it with pine pollen in the morning in a 24oz bottle, and use that to slam an arginine and tribulus.

I'm almost out though and need to figure out what next. does anyone have any water additive type supps they like? It just gets me to drink more water....

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-BCAA-Better-BCAATM-Supplements/dp/B07YF22Q2N/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_1/130-9979105-2498322?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07YF22Q2N&pd_rd_r=5a668f66-61f2-400c-8dd7-a32162463500&pd_rd_w=6Lv3v&pd_rd_wg=UyNyb&pf_rd_p=492300c3-4a2c-4c5c-b4d7-479077628590&pf_rd_r=9JC5VGNJT7W3P4FAQEWM&psc=1&refRID=9JC5VGNJT7W3P4FAQEWM

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been doing that for the last couple of months with SNS Energized Amino's .. different new flavors and can be found for $18.99 for 30 servings.

Also like kaged muscle hydra charge as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ketolytes @DieselNY can help you out with this one from Ketogenics
Very solid electrolyte profile. If you just want something cheap grab the MIO things from the grocery store.
There is really no need to slam BCAA/EAA all day as you never allow protein levels to reach their refractory stages before being spiked again. It is actually counter-productive to MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis)

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the tag. If you add anything to your water it really should be some sort of hydration product AND taste amazing. The Keto Lytes HP was formulated with unreal amounts of "stuff" you won't find anywhere. Youd need like 30 gatorades to get 2000mg of sodium found in Keto Lytes HP. Many of my MMA friends and clients drink it all the time and love it.

I am keto and fast and sometimes go 2-3 days with no food and my workouts are outstanding as long as I am taking my Keto Lytes HP daily and pre workout. as a 25+ yr keto vet, my avg sodium intake is 8,000mg a day and more when longer fasts........Grape Bubblegum, Blue Razz and Raspberry Banana are top sellers.

I have a 64oz bottle and I add 2 scoops to ice cold water...,my kids LOVE this stuff but I only let them have some here and there but my kids play tons of sports and helps them a lot during practice and games especially in the heat. Most of the parents buy it from me for their kids too (Football team)

Its also sold under another name - ***********. Only because some people can't stand the keto craze so I made one for the rest of the normal people (lol)... Its a cool ass label and same exact profile a Keto Lytes HP. ***********.com

Many of my good friends, non keto meatheads LOVE It and take 1-2 scoops pre workout for an INSANE pump and non stop action in the gym.

1 scoop to 32oz very cold water is the perfect mix, remember 2000mg sodium = 5,000mg of table salt and the potassium is in there too.

Attachments

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
right on, thanks guys!
I typically take my BCAA's either in the morning/during after breakfast, or around lunch time when I'm also running a caloric deficit. When I refill my water I either go to something more simple (like mio as mentioned) or just drink water itself. But having something to add in does help me get more water in my system.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
right on, thanks guys!
I typically take my BCAA's either in the morning/during after breakfast, or around lunch time when I'm also running a caloric deficit. When I refill my water I either go to something more simple (like mio as mentioned) or just drink water itself. But having something to add in does help me get more water in my system.
No need to take the BCAA's if you are meeting protein intake in the 24 hour period.
Again just drinking or sipping on them constantly elevates MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis), not allowing protein levels to reach their refractory stages.
This will inform you a bit more in regards to that.

If you do take BCAA's it would be best between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart as a bolus
or with a meal that lacks adequate leucine to trigger MPS to its full potential.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are also calories in BCAA and EAA, not sure if you give a **** about that or not but they are there.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I dont use that particular product, may have to try it, but i also do the electrolytes. Stuff i use comes in a dissolvable tablet and i just drop one in my water bottle for during my workout.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Highly suggest grape, blue raz, and the Sweet & Tart flavors
Super good
Bob15.png

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like to use the following to flavor water:
-a drop of raw apple cider vinegar
-Nuvital super spinach powder drink
-and you can't go wrong with sugar free crystal lite

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bolero is badass, but I am not sure of their availability in the USA. They are similar to crystal light packets but the flavors are really great, and they mix well in carbonated water to make a diet soda type of alternative.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like to use the following to flavor water:
-a drop of raw apple cider vinegar
-Nuvital super spinach powder drink
-and you can't go wrong with sugar free crystal lite
I know a lot of people who use the sugar free crystal lite. I’ve never been a hug fan of it but it seems to be a popular choice.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been adding traac minerals and sea salt. I would echo what @The Solution says about adding in eaa or bcaa frequently. You don't want mtor always turned on. Need to go through autophagy too