Warrior diet ok for 16 year old?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I've been thinking about trying the warrior diet for a recomp/slight cut. I was just wondering if the fasting would be ok for me since I am still developing, I dont know if fasting has an effect on that or not so just wondering. I am also 5'8 180-185 lb, about 13-15 % bodyfat.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
You'll be fine bro. Go for it! As long as you get your calories in for the day it's perfectly fine.

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
You've got to be able to work out a lot with this programs and the program suggest you only eat organic food! I would try a different routine or just lift light-moderate weight with high reps like 13 to 15 reps you should be able to have no problem cutting and you are still developing. The warrior diet is fine I guess if you are already fit but I don't know. It's whatever your body can handle personally!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
You've got to be able to work out a lot with this programs and the program suggest you only eat organic food! I would try a different routine or just lift light-moderate weight with high reps like 13 to 15 reps you should be able to have no problem cutting and you are still developing. The warrior diet is fine I guess if you are already fit but I don't know. It's whatever your body can handle personally!
Thanks for the info. Yes I am already fit, I have been training for 4 years now. My stats are 240 bench, 350 squat, 400 dead lift. And I was planning on mostly eating organic foods. Even with that do you still think it is a bad idea?

tjwoody

Awards
damn ur only 16?! nice!

my sons almost 14 and just starting out with lifting last week with me.

do u rem how u started at his age? i have him just getting comfortable with the gym for now and doing some cardio while i teach him some basics.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
damn ur only 16?! nice!

my sons almost 14 and just starting out with lifting last week with me.

do u rem how u started at his age? i have him just getting comfortable with the gym for now and doing some cardio while i teach him some basics.
Thanks man. I started getting really serious at about 14. I had a 4 day split that I used back then, and it is still pretty much what I use now. I start each workout with a compound lift.
On the compound lifts I do a four different sets and reps 3-3, 5-5, 5-5/4/3/2/1, 3-10/8/6. I go in that order week by week, and when you get to week 5 you start over and try to beat what you did last time. It is very important to keep a log, so you can remember what weight you did the last time, and it is also cool to look back on a few years later. on auxiliary lifts I usually use 3-8, just depends on what it is
Hear is an example.
Day 1: dead lift day with back and biceps
Dead lift 3-3
Then 3 back exercises such as
Kroc rows (my favorite)
Barbell rows
Pull ups
Tbar rows etc
Then 2-3 bicep exercises
My favorites are barbell curl, hammer,
And concentration
Day 2: clean and jerk with shoulders and traps
Clean and jerk 3-3
3 shoulder exercises
Like barbell shoulder press, dumbbell
Press, laterals, plate raises, etc
3 trap exercises
Like barbell shrugs, dumbbell shrugs,
High pulls, overhead shrugs
Day 3: off
Day 4: flat bench with chest and tris
Flat bench 3-3
3 chest exercises
Such as incline press, decline press,
Weighted dips, flys, cable crossovers
3 tricep exercises
Close grip bench, skull crushers, rope
Pull downs, kickbacks, ect
Day 5: squat with legs
Squat 3-3
Then things like extensions, curls, lunges,
Leg press, ect
Then calves: block calf raises, donkey
Calf raise, calf raise on leg press, etc.
I do 3 diff. Angles for calves, facing
Straight, out, in.
Day 6: off
Day 7: repeat, or off if needed

I do random cardio on somedays, but I get most of it from baseball practice. You can also work abs dirrectly on one of those days as well if you want. Good luck, and remember form always comes first.

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Thanks man. I started getting really serious at about 14. I had a 4 day split that I used back then, and it is still pretty much what I use now. I start each workout with a compound lift.
On the compound lifts I do a four different sets and reps 3-3, 5-5, 5-5/4/3/2/1, 3-10/8/6. I go in that order week by week, and when you get to week 5 you start over and try to beat what you did last time. It is very important to keep a log, so you can remember what weight you did the last time, and it is also cool to look back on a few years later. on auxiliary lifts I usually use 3-8, just depends on what it is
Hear is an example.
Day 1: dead lift day with back and biceps
Dead lift 3-3
Then 3 back exercises such as
Kroc rows (my favorite)
Barbell rows
Pull ups
Tbar rows etc
Then 2-3 bicep exercises
My favorites are barbell curl, hammer,
And concentration
Day 2: clean and jerk with shoulders and traps
Clean and jerk 3-3
3 shoulder exercises
Like barbell shoulder press, dumbbell
Press, laterals, plate raises, etc
3 trap exercises
Like barbell shrugs, dumbbell shrugs,
High pulls, overhead shrugs
Day 3: off
Day 4: flat bench with chest and tris
Flat bench 3-3
3 chest exercises
Such as incline press, decline press,
Weighted dips, flys, cable crossovers
3 tricep exercises
Close grip bench, skull crushers, rope
Pull downs, kickbacks, ect
Day 5: squat with legs
Squat 3-3
Then things like extensions, curls, lunges,
Leg press, ect
Then calves: block calf raises, donkey
Calf raise, calf raise on leg press, etc.
I do 3 diff. Angles for calves, facing
Straight, out, in.
Day 6: off
Day 7: repeat, or off if needed

I do random cardio on somedays, but I get most of it from baseball practice. You can also work abs dirrectly on one of those days as well if you want. Good luck, and remember form always comes first.
Damn keep the hard work brother! Stay on your game I am sure you'll have no problem with the warrior diet! Let us know if you do start it and update us I am sure we'll wanna hear about the results! Good luck man!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jm88888 Weight Loss 34
Nutrition / Health 2
whaz Weight Loss 0
Nutrition / Health 0
Weight Loss 14