Want creamy great tasting milkshakes but dont want the carbs and fat of milk?

channelx99

Awards
*edit - meant to say protein shakes, not milkshakes in the title. *

I hate to admit it but Im a big baby when it comes to drinking my shakes with water. Just cant do it...

But Ive found a low carb and great tasting solution

If you have a Kroger supermarket near you, I found out they sell a very low carb, high protein yogurt called Carb Master and its Kroger branded.

Its got 12 grams of protein, 80 calories, 1.5 games of fat and 3 grams of carbs. Compare that with 20+ grams of carbs you find in other yogurt and 4 grams of protein.

I'll also add that the yogurt tastes great as is and I go through several a day, with the top flavors for me being blackberry and cherry. Other flavors are vanilla, strawberry, and peach (not so good). There may be more too.

Anyways, buy the yogurt, which is regularly priced at 40 cents a cup, pour it in your mixer with a scoop or two of protein powder, and add water till you reach your desired thickness.

It tastes great!

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
pretty good idea they dont have kroger where i live but i bet i can find something similiar but currently my shakes arnt that bad.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Trader Joe's greek yogurt is 24 grams of P and 6 carbs with 0 fat!

sweatntears

sweatntears

Awards
I use American Whey Protein (wild berry blast flavor) by American Sports Nutrition has 104 calories, less than .5g fat, 6g carbs, 20g protein, and 1g sugar per 1 scoop. AWESOME!

Mix with 8 oz. water, 7 ozs of Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt smoothie (strawberries and cream flavor) has 60 calories, 2.5g fat, 4g carbs, 6g protein, 3g sugar. add any choice and amount of frozen berries and/or 1/2 banana place in blender or (magic bullet) and blend for 30 sec-1 min and whalla... best yogurt/protein shake/smoothie ever!!!! Could drink this all 6-7 meals!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
plus to the carb-master yogurt. I eat at least 2-3 a day